Status
Not open for further replies.

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
alright kids

not much going on
gonna take a shot or two of whiskey, quit the mturk machine, and put on some vikings
season four started recently [i think] but I'm still on season 3 :rain:

Reactions: aveline and Pleco
D

Deleted member 526

Internet speed test

Megabits per second

Testing upload...

Mbps download

Mbps upload

Latency: 63 ms
Server: Denver, CO
Your Internet speed is very slow

Your Internet download speed is very slow. Web browsing should work, but videos could load slowly.

---------------
someone please tell me there is a way to get out of my comcast contract. this is awful. $90/month for this.

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone here runs the SBTV app on a spare phone.. but for four days in a row, it's been getting over 300sb

Reactions: PhantomCatt
D

Deleted member 526

I can't really even turk rn, much less watch any videos. been this way for a week. slow internet.

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
No I will keep it. I actually skipped 8, while I was in my Ubuntu days and have never used it.
I don't actually remember what changed, to be honest.
you really do get used to it
except every now and then that damn Cortana app starts up, like what the hell, I can't even think of a single reason to use it

PhantomCatt

Sweet & Sassy
Reaction score
Internet speed test

Megabits per second

Testing upload...

Mbps download

Mbps upload

Your Internet download speed is very slow. Web browsing should work, but videos could load slowly.

---------------
someone please tell me there is a way to get out of my comcast contract. this is awful. $90/month for this.
You can always tell them you're moving where they don't offer service... that has worked for me in the past. But be ready with an address that is actually out of their service area :wink:

Reactions: Deleted member 526

spantifical

Reaction score
Internet speed test

Megabits per second

Testing upload...

Mbps download

Mbps upload

---------------
Wow, I thought I had it bad. Techs spent two days out here to upgrade my old ass house to fiber (they did so with the whole town, but the "one hour" fix turned into two days. The punchline? We went from 20mbps to 25. And we're still paying $90 a month for that privilege.

klingeemonster

Does this poncho make me look fat?
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't actually remember what changed, to be honest.
you really do get used to it
except every now and then that damn Cortana app starts up, like what the hell, I can't even think of a single reason to use it
I actually do use it on occasion, But not enough to justify its existence, it is more like a novelty.

D

Deleted member 526

You can always tell them you're moving where they don't offer service... that has worked for me in the past. But be ready with an address that is actually out of their service area :wink:
TY I'm switching on monday to century link if this isn't fixed by then. it won't work to tell them I need out of my contract because they aren't providing what they said they would provide? they say it's high speed internet. it's not, I can't watch tv or even read the news.

WalkingEmphasis

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
TY I'm switching on monday to century link if this isn't fixed by then. it won't work to tell them I need out of my contract because they aren't providing what they said they would provide? they say it's high speed internet. it's not, I can't watch tv or even read the news.
Comcast is basically run by mobsters. They don't give two shits as long as they get your money. And they'll try to bribe you into staying, but don't fall for it. I'm locked in with them because only one other cable provider is even legally allowed to do business in my area because of the monopoly Comcast got in my neighborhood. Get out while you can.

Leon Powalski

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Survey about people(~ 4 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Nadav Klien [A370HLFITA2L7K] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★ 4.60 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.21 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★ 4.98 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 80 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: In this survey, you will read about people's behavior and answer a few questions
Time: 20 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.28
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 100;Exc: [-1346268249-50137] has not been granted;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 84;Location is one of: US

Two minutes.

Leon Powalski

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Demographics survey | PANDA
Requester: Panos Ipeirotis [A3DL93QTPE513P] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 5.00 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.42 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★ 4.74 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 56 | TOS Flags: 1
Submit a new TO review
Description: Demographics survey
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.10
Qualifications: None

I was able to actually do this for once.

PhantomCatt

Sweet & Sassy
Reaction score
I would try that route first honestly... but then they'll make you have a service technician come out several times. And if they're like the one in my area they'll charge $50 just for the tech to come out regardless of if they actually do anything or not. That's just been my experience...

Shawnbks9090

Contributor
Reaction score
I have centurylink I pay $43 for 10mbps and usually get less than whats listed below.
Mbps download

Mbps upload

Status
Not open for further replies.