07/12 - Tostada Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALinAL

Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Decision Sciences for work related to 3UL5XDRDNCIFOBE245QOMGZO5LD58H.
The value of your bonus is: $1.50 USD

The Requester included this note:
Thank you for completing our study! This is your announced bonus award based on the correctly answered tasks in the study.

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

hockeyfan87

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind doing a nice batch of the Amazon Label Verification HITs but they're a pain in the ass. Slow to load, and they don't always go through when I submit them.

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
This is the puzzle out in my building:

Sadly the real L&N 770 isn't looking so great these days. It's at a museum about 10 miles down the road from me. This photo is almost 9 years old but it hasn't gotten any better. The inside is also gutted, there's no prime mover or anything inside (what you need to make the engine move):
L&N 770, KRM, New Haven,KY 2/6/2010
That's a shame. We have a railway museum close by and it's one of my favorite places to take the kids. I'm surprised it's not housed in a shed?

Business Cat

Catipalist
Contributor
Reaction score

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
that's the one I'm most in the mood to do right now! I'm just worried because it doesn't have any reviews. But the majority of that company's puzzles have good reviews, so I think I'm going to take the chance on it.
The three graces

it's so pretty

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
Title: Short (11 min) academic study about movie scripts ($0.90) | Accept
Requester: jonah berger [A3K6EMG0EHASW3] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.90
Duration: 2400
Available: 7
Description: Participate in a short study about film scripts. You will be presented with a number of scenes from a movie script and asked to rate the mood of each scene.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US; Film Study participants DoesNotExist
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about your preferences $0.75 | Accept
Requester: Eli [A2CDS6I866N1EI] Contact
Reward: 0.75
Duration: 3600
Available: 13
Description: Make 4 binary choices with options where one option will be be better in one aspect and the other will be better in the other aspect. Simply choose the one you prefer. There are no right or wrong answers.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
.[/td][/tr]
copy and paste the link to get it to work

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
Besides last night, this may be the least I've earned on mturk in an hour in a long time. It's looking like $5.50 after this survey is completed.

Reactions: jan

Rogue and Ready

Contributor
Reaction score
oh my gosh if you live near new haven you're most likely within a 30 minute drive from me, maybe less
I'm confused, didn't you just say you were in Kentucky?

eta I don't know why that came up twice

too early!

Last edited:

hockeyfan87

Reaction score
That's a shame. We have a railway museum close by and it's one of my favorite places to take the kids. I'm surprised it's not housed in a shed?
The museum has a small shed on their property, it houses L&N 152, the only operational L&N steam locomotive left (there are two other L&N steam survivors, both in Kentucky, but neither are operational and 152 has actually been down for scheduled rebuild for the last 7 years), and one or two other items. They have a large canopy/cover over a spur track where stuff sits underneath it, but there's no walls so items are still exposed to the elements, kinda annoys me because some of the items they have, they've let deteriorate to a rough condition. An old wooden passenger car that the L&N restored back in the 1960s to tour with the famous "General" steam engine is underneath that shed, halfway covered in tarps because the elements have gotten to it. That bothers me. The 770 could've gone to another museum down in Bowling Green,KY to be used on a static passenger train display but the museum that owns it wouldn't let it go, so the other museum bought another unit elsewhere and repainted it. It looks a lot better.
CSX W051-19, Bowling Green,KY 4/26/2016 (Engine on the right)

Reactions: jan and themildone

Persephone78

Drive By Turker
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Verbal Learning and Face Recognition(~ 15 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Andrew Smith [A2TQNYTYKDVS5K] Contact
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 2700
Available: 5
Description: In the present experiment, you will be asked to make judgments about faces and words. We are examining memory and decision-making. You can expect to view two short videos, view photos of faces, complete some short questionnaires and a verbal learning task
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [94012619-94115] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 79; SurveyGroup [1276] DoesNotExist ; Location In US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
nm[/td][/tr]

wascal wabbit

Drunken Spelunker
Contributor
Reaction score
This one is worth throwing into your pandas. Bonus, too. Fast. But full of math & engineering.
Title: Academic survey with $5 completion award. | PANDA
Requester: Christine Exley [A4LCJUP51VHRV] (Req TV): $38.24/hr
(TO): [Pay: 4.93] [Fair: 4.92] [Comm: 4.69] [Fast: 4.92]
Description:
You will be asked to answer an approximately 35-45 minute academic survey.
Time: 2 hour(s) 15 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $5.00
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US;

Reactions: Pleco and jan
Status
Not open for further replies.