07/12 - Tostada Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BotBleepityBoopBot

Saddest Snail
Reaction score
I actually didn't start until about 3 months ago, I had never liked puzzling until I bought one on a whim and fell in love! I've done 2 750 piece and 2 1000 piece since then. I want to do a 1500 piece but my desk is already too small for the 1000 piece (I have to go one half then set it to the side and finish the other half)
We use a gigantic old bulletin board we found at the thrift store as our surface so when not in use it can slide behind a door. Makes a great temporary wall behind me for webcam interviews as well. I don't know that I ever have a surface big enough for puzzles without it.

My grandmother was a puzzle addict and would routinely visit Goodwill in search of them for like .50. I didn't think anything of it until I tried to buy her a puzzle online for Christmas. Wow they are expensive!
Half Priced Books, if you have one near you, is great for puzzles as well.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Oh okay, that definitely works.

I know these things exist, but what happens to the finished portion of the puzzle if you roll it into the mat? Does it break apart at all? Do these questions make sense? haha
I just realized my reply may have come across as kinda mean/i'm-a-perfect-parent and that's totally not what I meant. It's just that that rule is pretty much one of the only rules I enforce 100% of the time lol

Reactions: 4ourfuture

hockeyfan87

Reaction score
quick someone go look at my wish list and pick a puzzle for me to buy
http://a.co/50pLz8J
I like the one at the bottom with the camper and the bears.

I usually do puzzles in the winter time, especially when I get snowed in. Actually have one puzzle framed and hanging on my wall in my train room. I also got into doing Lego Architecture sets a year or so ago..I think of them as "3D puzzles".

GTR

Reaction score
You've received a bonus from Social Innovations Lab for work related to 3K1H3NEY7LYPN2LBZPH3ZNLNXBGDGM.
The value of your bonus is: $7.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
Bonus Payment for Beta-test of Grouping Game with Social innovations Lab. Thanks for participating!
And no thanks for the generous offer to send artistic nudes of yourself, butt we have more than enough at the moment from other workers.

BotBleepityBoopBot

Saddest Snail
Reaction score
Oh okay, that definitely works.

I know these things exist, but what happens to the finished portion of the puzzle if you roll it into the mat? Does it break apart at all? Do these questions make sense? haha

ETA: Wow, I need coffee..
If you try to roll it up tight they can bend, I like the kind that has the inflatable tube as the start of the wrap and I wrap them just tight enough to hold the pieces in places. When you unroll it they'll kinda have little points where the connections are but you just run your hand over the whole thing and the pieces lay flat again. I prefer the "foam" rolls over the felt ones as well so that I can slip a piece of plastic under it when I'm ready to seal the whole puzzle together on completion. The felt, over time, tends to poke up between the joins and it's so irritating.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I like the one at the bottom with the camper and the bears.

I usually do puzzles in the winter time, especially when I get snowed in. Actually have one puzzle framed and hanging on my wall in my train room. I also got into doing Lego Architecture sets a year or so ago..I think of them as "3D puzzles".
I have one framed in my living room, a noah's ark. I have 2 others glued/taped, I think I'm just going to hang them in my or kiddo's room (without a frame because even poster frames are expensive af). 1 other one is ready to glue but I ran out lol.

also just realized I'm completely derailing the thread. sorry :grimace:

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score
I just realized my reply may have come across as kinda mean/i'm-a-perfect-parent and that's totally not what I meant. It's just that that rule is pretty much one of the only rules I enforce 100% of the time lol
Oh no, not at all. I didn't get any mean vibes or anything like that from your post. (I may have came off short and cold because I started to overthink my response and I have a tendency to get wordy so I cut myself off I guess) I would do the same thing.

Reactions: themildone

GTR

Reaction score
I have one framed in my living room, a noah's ark. I have 2 others glued/taped, I think I'm just going to hang them in my or kiddo's room (without a frame because even poster frames are expensive af). 1 other one is ready to glue but I ran out lol.

also just realized I'm completely derailing the thread. sorry :grimace:
like theres so much work up that you are distracting :wink:

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score
If you try to roll it up tight they can bend, I like the kind that has the inflatable tube as the start of the wrap and I wrap them just tight enough to hold the pieces in places. When you unroll it they'll kinda have little points where the connections are but you just run your hand over the whole thing and the pieces lay flat again. I prefer the "foam" rolls over the felt ones as well so that I can slip a piece of plastic under it when I'm ready to seal the whole puzzle together on completion. The felt, over time, tends to poke up between the joins and it's so irritating.
:writing:
I had no idea there was so much to know about the puzzle roll ups. :hilarious:

BotBleepityBoopBot

Saddest Snail
Reaction score
:writing:
I had no idea there was so much to know about the puzzle roll ups. :hilarious:
:embarrased: I could go on... you can DIY yourself a roll up with a poster mailing tube and one of those shite thin yoga mats and rubber bands as well for puzzle emergencies. You know...when all your puzzle mats are full but you got a new puzzle and want to get the border together before bed that you're 6 hours late for...

WillowWolf

Mischief Managed
Contributor
Reaction score
Anyway you look at it, it's sub-average.
At least the average of HITs I would complete.

Maybe a 2/5 if it was painless

Meanwhile Kerek @Kerek is over here like

I would give it a solid 2/5, if they managed to not put every demographics question on it's own separate page.

Status
Not open for further replies.