• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Watching The Incredibles with my niece, again. There's been like what, dozens of superhero movies in recent years? Some of them with stupid high budgets and like 50 superheroes crammed into one story.

And yet to this day no other movie has made superpowers seem as much fun to use as The Incredibles does.

Last edited:

MarkC

Stay awhile and listen.
Contributor
Reaction score
Watching The Incredibles with my niece, again. There's been like what, dozens of superhero movies in recent years? Some of them with stupid high budgets and like 50 superheros crammed into one story.

And yet to this day no other movie has made superpowers seem as much fun to use as The Incredibles does.
I have a 16 year old and I was a stay at home dad to him during his toddler years. I've seen it who knows how many times. I was supposed to go see 2 last week with him and he changed his mind. He knew I was disappointed. I was secretly very disappointed.
edit: hmm there is a showing at in an hour at a dank theater close to me with reserved seating. I looked and they haven't sold any tickets yet. hmmm

Last edited:

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
Watching The Incredibles with my niece, again. There's been like what, dozens of superhero movies in recent years? Some of them with stupid high budgets and like 50 superheroes crammed into one story.

I have never bothered to see this movie

my kid saw it
and she saw incredibles 2 last week

so I guess you could say that I know someone who has seen it before

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't think it was that long..
I didn't time it but.. it didn't feel like it was very long at all
It did say there would be six different groups we could be assigned to. Maybe you got the short one?

Reactions: MarkC

MarkC

Stay awhile and listen.
Contributor
Reaction score
It did say there would be six different groups we could be assigned to. Maybe you got the short one?
Mine sucked, but not because of the time. Because of the LOL you aren't even close to being done after the demographics.

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
I own the first book. aveline @aveline also recommended. I'll start, I'll start.
the first book doesn't make sense until after youve read up to book 3 or 4
it's really ... disorganized compared to the rest of the books

Reactions: Vanyanka

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score

It's cause no one thinks that's a good thing for movies. They always want the powers to cause problems or make life more difficult for the person. I mean, Spider-man has fun, but also some terrible stuff has happened to him. Maybe in The Incredibles 3, Elastigirl should get killed inside of a clock tower, cause power, responsibility, etc. etc.

Reactions: Pleco

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
the first book doesn't make sense until after youve read up to book 3 or 4
it's really ... disorganized compared to the rest of the books
So nothing will make sense to me at all until book 3 minimum?

Reactions: aveline

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score
she doesn't return my love..
she systematically ignores my feeble attempts at conversation, which I never pursue further than a short one liner

:rain:
You should do a big, romantic gesture, like write a big love note in the desert, something in the dirt big enough to be seen from space.

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
So nothing will make sense to me at all until book 3 minimum?
it'll make sense, but if you go back and re-read book one, you'll make more sense of it.

the firs time I read it, I didn't quite understand how the magic works - it's actually a pretty neat thing, isn't simply 'hocus pocus'
I felt like an idiot when I figured out what "T'LAN" meant, in regards to the skeletal warriors within the series

Status
Not open for further replies.