07/09 - Meditation Monday!

I eNjOy lOnG WaLkS oN tHe BeAcH

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

FireMonkey

Reaction score
I hate working under other people (usually even really nice ones), regular schedules, and office politics, not to mention having to look pretty when I don't wanna, and am desperately searching for something additional to mturk to make money so I don't have to go full time 9-5.

FireMonkey

Reaction score
Did these Noah's just go to shit for anyone else? I'm not getting any pics to show up, just the yes/no.

As for real jobs...tried that last year, ended up with PTSD (which I blame on my bosses, not the having a job part lol). My mental health tends to be rocky on a good day, depression is a bitch, so I'm glad mturk is around for a little jingle when I can manage it.
I just had Noah's go belly up too. I was told I had a block for doing the hits incorrectly. Was it the toothbrush in the mirror??

Agreed, depression IS a bitch!

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
There really is only one answer.

Sorry, I really like that and it cheers me up, almost as much as Maxwell the Pig mboone73 @mboone73 ...

Seriously though, I worked a cushy corporate job for 18 years until some asshole in a far off office decided to delete me from a spreadsheet and replace me with a contractor from India. No shit, give me a survey about that!!! Anyways, ain't no such thing as a sure thing in any line of work.
I worked for the same company for 10 years. Was laid off and brought back twice. The last time on a contract for a year before they had to let me go permanently.

At my "current" job, all the employees at my location are currently on indefinite leave because the company didn't pay rent at that location. The police showed up and everything. It was quite the fiasco.

Still, the pay was a lot better than my best days turking. And I didn't have to work 12 hours if I didn't want to. And I was still making money while doing things like getting coffee, making small talk with coworkers, and riding the elevators.

Bokamo

Reaction score
I just had Noah's go belly up too. I was told I had a block for doing the hits incorrectly. Was it the toothbrush in the mirror??

I struggled with some of those, maybe I should have just returned them. If it asks if it's a man, and its a little boy, I said no. Was I wrong??? It asks if its a person, and it's a fire hydrant that's marked in the middle of a bunch of people? I said no, because technically, it was not a person marked. Ugh, I overthink everything.

Reactions: FireMonkey

Andromedia

Just hit 1,000 hits
Reaction score

I got blocked too, on my second hit.. Apparently I missed a truck somewhere, probably that vehicle that I could only see the front of, to the first tire. it looked distinctly like a van though.

Reactions: FireMonkey

FireMonkey

Reaction score
There really is only one answer.

Sorry, I really like that and it cheers me up, almost as much as Maxwell the Pig mboone73 @mboone73 ...

Seriously though, I worked a cushy corporate job for 18 years until some asshole in a far off office decided to delete me from a spreadsheet and replace me with a contractor from India. No shit, give me a survey about that!!! Anyways, ain't no such thing as a sure thing in any line of work.
You've inspired me to work full time so I can afford a PUPPYMONKEYBABY!

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I'm 90% confident that Uncertainty Research sets near impossible goals for their bonuses to bait people into doing their shitty paying HITs while never having to pay out

FireMonkey

Reaction score
I struggled with some of those, maybe I should have just returned them. If it asks if it's a man, and its a little boy, I said no. Was I wrong??? It asks if its a person, and it's a fire hydrant that's marked in the middle of a bunch of people? I said no, because technically, it was not a person marked. Ugh, I overthink everything.
So do I! And I can give valid reasons for each choice I make about anything, but that doesn't seem to satisfy everyone...
The noah's do say that you have to go by the definition given for the picture and sometimes those are tricky. Today I noticed he changed up the word in question (man) for some of the pics within the same hit, but the definition remained the same throughout. That may have been where I went wrong. But I agree that a marked fire hydrant is not a person of any sort. :D

KillMoles

°
Contributor
Reaction score
I worked for the same company for 10 years. Was laid off and brought back twice. The last time on a contract for a year before they had to let me go permanently.

At my "current" job, all the employees at my location are currently on indefinite leave because the company didn't pay rent at that location. The police showed up and everything. It was quite the fiasco.

Still, the pay was a lot better than my best days turking. And I didn't have to work 12 hours if I didn't want to. And I was still making money while doing things like getting coffee, making small talk with coworkers, and riding the elevators.
Sounds familiar. When it's good it's good, and when it's not you do what you need to. I lost my last two great full-time jobs due to "business decisions" and nothing to do with me. That's when I decided it's just as safe or safer to not do those traditional jobs and just do my own thing. I have a good skill set and was working as a subcontractor recently, but quit that due to drama and lack of enough work. Now researching how to be the contractor myself and cut out the middle man. Love hanging out with you guys and turking for sure, but I don't think it's gonna pay the bills at this point.

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
i was reading an article earlier this year that one of the only non-replaceable jobs is a barber. i forget what the other few were

the rest of everything is all replaceable

animal training. needs feel and timing, that AI doesn't have.

Reactions: Kliq and Peachy

Shawnbks9090

Contributor
Reaction score
are the noahs loading for anyone? the hit loads but not the first image. am I blocked too?

BotBleepityBoopBot

Saddest Snail
Reaction score
Anyone know if there's a requester reviewer thing for Prolific as well? If not I just might try to figure out how to make one.

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Title: Women's Daily Experiences and Opinions | Accept
Requester: Jennifer Bosson [A3PHTCQGFW2X0L] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=2.48] [Fast=4.65] [Comm=3.00] [Fair=4.56] [Reviews=51] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=8.70] [Pen=3.00 days] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.75
Duration: 7200
Available: 1
Description: You will be asked to answer a series of questions about your experience as a woman and your social opinions.
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Status
Not open for further replies.