• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

rsclone

This is my partner Fellatio Del Toro
Banned
Reaction score
And they also want you to disconnect your other monitors if you have more than 1. It was a no for me.

Def going back then....if anyone else wants it fire up your Panda....don't need the money enough to justify the risk and hassle...

Reactions: Dill

harriss143

Baked Cuppycake
Contributor
Reaction score
kiki...do you love me...are you ridingg

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Title: Read a few sentences and answer some questions. | Accept
Requester: MIT Computational Psycholinguistics Laboratory [A3HFJW23G8KDQG] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$14.43] [Pay=4.50] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.44] [Fast=4.25] [Comm=4.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=15] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=7.42] [Pen=1.50 days] [Res=0%] [Rec=50%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=3]
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 3600
Available: 1
Description: Takes 5 minutes!
Qualifications: None
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Andromedia

Just hit 1,000 hits
Reaction score
Well, sitting at a PE of $15 currently.. $20 is my normal goal for weekdays, was hoping to try for more than that because I know I won't have access to a computer thursday/friday, and I missed some time last week, but more than 20 may just not happen today.

Andromedia

Just hit 1,000 hits
Reaction score
mturk has been terrible overall for me since early June
That ... actually makes me hopeful that it'll get better as summer ends. I only came back to mturk about halfway through may after having not turked in several years. Here's hoping it starts getting better next month?

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
i know it’s the summer, but it does a feel a little slower compared to the last two summers I was working on mturk. this is just my view so far. i know other people who are still doing great

hockeyfan87

Reaction score
Just tried a Noah HIT..wow, they're not too bad. Shame I have to leave for regular work right as a batch pops up. :(

MarkC

Stay awhile and listen.
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm actually meeting someone Friday to help me get my resume polished up. I'm biting the bullet and going for a 9-5. Part of it is out of necessity to make more (ex-wife is moving out of state and I'm taking in the kiddos full time) and part is I feel like it is such a struggle to get what I can from mturk that it isn't healthy for me. It's not you man, it takes a lot of external motivation for me to make changes, especially big ones like this. and for me at least, mturk just isn't doing it for me anymore. I've full-timed since 2013 btw.

Reaction score
I'm actually meeting someone Friday to help me get my resume polished up. I'm biting the bullet and going for a 9-5. Part of it is out of necessity to make more (ex-wife is moving out of state and I'm taking in the kiddos full time) and part is I feel like it is such a struggle to get what I can from mturk that it isn't healthy for me. It's not you man, it takes a lot of external motivation for me to make changes, especially big ones like this. and for me at least, mturk just isn't doing it for me anymore. I've full-timed since 2013 btw.
I feel you on that. I quit turking two years ago for a traditional job and it was such a nice feeling knowing I would work from 8 to 6 and then be done. 24/7 being on the lookout for hits burnt me out. I'm jumping back in now to supplement my income before I move and I feel a lot more refreshed and rejuvenated to work on here on the side.

Andromedia

Just hit 1,000 hits
Reaction score
I would love a 9-5. Unfortunately, where I live at the moment, available jobs are almost exclusively retail, and the lack of a regular schedule and all the other problems with that work environment caused so many problems for me it wasn't worth it anymore. (anxiety got worse and worse until going to work was enough to set it off at all, my immune system tanked so hard I was getting sick every other week, and sick with nasty fevers at least once a month). Mturk's what I'm using until my SO and I move to help with saving money and just generally help with some side money since even if I am sick, there's not really a reason to not use the computer, and it's a lot lower stress.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
I feel you man. I wish you all the luck with finding something out in the real world. I know it’s a large obstacle mentally to get over. I’ve been fulltime since 2015. mturk isn’t healthy fulltime in terms of just not getting outside and talking to people (ofc you can still go outside and talk to people)(i was already sorta a recluse even when i had a office job)(but now i’m like a 100% recluse lol). that’s why i took a mini vacation later this month just to get out of the house and to see another state. Life is passing me by and I regret missing some of it the last year or two :,( I was also contemplating taking a class to get licensed in medical coding. Since I use to work at a medical billing office, but could never do coding because I wasn’t licensed to do so. Ofc coding would’ve been more money. maybe get licensed and see what coding jobs are out there.

i salute you for attempting to get back out there. there are a lot of possibilites out there. just takes some drive and ofc like you said external factors sometimes

KillMoles

°
Contributor
Reaction score
I dunno what the hell I'm gonna do when Mturk goes to shit... I can't even get groceries w/o my brother going with me. How the hell am I gonna hold a 9-5?
There really is only one answer.

Sorry, I really like that and it cheers me up, almost as much as Maxwell the Pig mboone73 @mboone73 ...

Seriously though, I worked a cushy corporate job for 18 years until some asshole in a far off office decided to delete me from a spreadsheet and replace me with a contractor from India. No shit, give me a survey about that!!! Anyways, ain't no such thing as a sure thing in any line of work.

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Ditto, it's getting really worrisome for me. Like I can make goal some days, but I have to be here 10 hours to do it and a lot of it is down time waiting for something to show. I barely made rent last month

Bokamo

Reaction score
Did these Noah's just go to shit for anyone else? I'm not getting any pics to show up, just the yes/no.

As for real jobs...tried that last year, ended up with PTSD (which I blame on my bosses, not the having a job part lol). My mental health tends to be rocky on a good day, depression is a bitch, so I'm glad mturk is around for a little jingle when I can manage it.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
There really is only one answer.

Sorry, I really like that and it cheers me up, almost as much as Maxwell the Pig mboone73 @mboone73 ...

Seriously though, I worked a cushy corporate job for 18 years until some asshole in a far off office decided to delete me from a spreadsheet and replace me with a contractor from India. No shit, give me a survey about that!!! Anyways, ain't no such thing as a sure thing in any line of work.
ain’t that the truth about no sure thing. we’re pretty much just all small pegs that can be replaced in a heartbeat. either by cheaper workers or in the present/future - machines

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
Ditto, it's getting really worrisome for me. Like I can make goal some days, but I have to be here 10 hours to do it and a lot of it is down time waiting for something to show. I barely made rent last month
I keep telling myself it’s the summer, but I’ve had like one “easy” great day since the end of May. every other day has been a true grind all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.