• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LowCalCalzone

Legalize Ranch
Contributor
Reaction score
I regularly have to restrain myself from slapping the younger students (not all of them, but a good 98% of them). I so wish they would truly understand to use the opportunity to their greatest potential. I've heard so many times "Well financial aid covers everything so I don't care if I pass" (until they get dropped from financial aid for failing, then it wiill matter lol) or "My parents are so annoying, they are paying for EVERYTHING, but still expect me to tell them where I am just because i still live there and am driving a car they pay for, etc etc.". Shut up and sit the hell down. (I totally sound like a crotchety old woman rofl)
Just want to point out that not all 20-something year olds take advantage of their parents money and complain about college, just like not all old people who go back to college talk constantly about their kids for 20 minutes during class and complain about using new technology :wink:

Last edited:

StinkWrinkle

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Research Project for work related to 322ZSN9Z5GLLL0F7NOIIODDICJWT4R.
The value of your bonus is: $2.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
:)

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

Reactions: Deleted member 526

Bokamo

Reaction score
Just want to point out that not all 20-something year olds take advantage of their parents money and complain about college, just like not all old people who go back to college talk constantly about their kids for 20 minutes during class and complain about using new technology :wink:
That's why I said "not all"..because I have also had the privilege to meet and work alongside some truly amazing millenials, who have driven me to be a better student/friend/parent.

Bokamo

Reaction score
BUt I fully admit to bitching about doing my accounting homework online!

YAHU

YAHUUUUUUU
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm 34 and just recently went back to school. I pretty much hate all teens now. Even early 20 somethings. I fear for the future.
thats funny cause I recently graduated and most of my classmates were over 25. the most obnoxious ones were in their early to mid 30s and living off mom and dad still. the teens and early 20s were pretty quiet in class.

That's why I said "not all"..because I have also had the privilege to meet and work alongside some truly amazing millenials, who have driven me to be a better student/friend/parent.
hate that term because even if you meet "amazing" ones, it still feels like youre inferring that most are bad which isn't true at all. My cousin's husband just posted an article on it highlighting how all millenials are terrible, but if you pick out every point made, they all applied to him and his friend group (hes in his late 40s)... tl;dr there are terrible people in every generation and age range

Last edited:

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
thats funny cause I recently graduated and most of my classmates were over 25. the most obnoxious ones were in their early to mid 30s and living off mom and dad still. the teens and early 20s were pretty quiet in class.

hate that term because even if you meet "amazing" ones, youre still inferring that most are bad which isn't true at all. My cousin's husband just posted an article on it highlighting how all millenials are terrible, but if you pick out every point made, they all applied to him and his friend group (hes in his late 40s)... tl;dr there are terrible people in every generation and age range
I don't like anyone, you're all terrible.

TurkingMaster

Crowd Master
Banned
Reaction score
:grandpa:

LowCalCalzone

Legalize Ranch
Contributor
Reaction score

hate that term because even if you meet "amazing" ones, youre still inferring that most are bad which isn't true at all. My cousin's husband just posted an article on it highlighting how all millenials are terrible, but if you pick out every point made, they all applied to him and his friend group (hes in his late 40s)... tl;dr there are terrible people in every generation and age range
The irony is that people have been saying "The younger generation has been getting worse and worse each year" since the Roman times.

Bokamo

Reaction score
Oh my god, I'm so scared of having to do my math credits.
Thankfully, none of my math classes have been online, or used the online portal for anything graded so far. I still have at least 2 more math classes though so only time will tell (finite and calculus...Lord help me lol). Hopefully yours will be the same way!

Wilma

I have no idea what I'm doing
Contributor
Reaction score
Thankfully, none of my math classes have been online, or used the online portal for anything graded so far. I still have at least 2 more math classes though so only time will tell (finite and calculus...Lord help me lol). Hopefully yours will be the same way!
Online math is so much easier imo. Couldn't hack it 10 years ago in class... doing well online.

Status
Not open for further replies.