06/20 - Wish Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTR

Reaction score
It was 1984 and I was playing with my band at this club in Minneapolis, and I was working hard on being the best and the best band at the club but there was this rival band that had this one really good song and everyone was really digging it, but I knew I could write much better songs than this, also I was a much better showman than the guys in that band, hell one guy sang while this other guy just danced around him holding a mirror .

So one night I was doing a gig with the band, and out of nowhere this beautiful girl comes into the club, and is watching me do my thang, so I wanted to impress her, so I started singing one of my new songs while looking straight into her eyes, and then I thought to myself "this would be a good time to start humping the stage" so,,, I did and it worked like a charm and after the show she got on the back of my bike and we went down to the lake where I got her to take off her clothes and jump in the lake, then I took her clothes, jumped on my bike, laughed at her then took off...

Later that nite, she came to my crib and gave me the most incredible guitar that I had ever seen... That nite I wrote a song that would put me and my band over the top and finally beat that band with the guy that flapped his arms while singing and the other guy holding a mirror. That nite I wrote a song about RAIN. And it made me richer than I could have imagined, I then dumped all of my bandmates, changed my name to a symbol and got even more filthy rich.
OH I forgot, I said that I would include some gay love into the next story.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
It was a different time. If you weren't a certain age while it was happening, it might not mean the same thing to you.

Not trying to start anything political, just saying I'd trade all of streaming video (with social media right alongside it) for the relative economic stability of that time period.
THIS ALL THE WAY.

There was that sweet period were no one I knew was getting silly rich, but we all had jobs that paid the bills comfortably, we had money left over to spend on fun stuff (within reason, no one was buying yachts), and we were able to save, too.

It wasn't that we weren't buying expensive gadgets, tho. Early computers and laptops especially were VERY EXPENSIVE compared to now. Heck, I built one of my first computers to save money, and it was nothing special, just cheaper than buying a prebuilt. We didn't drop $1000 on a new phone, but we did spend more than that on a new computer, so...lol.

And now I have to:

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
It was a different time. If you weren't a certain age while it was happening, it might not mean the same thing to you.

Not trying to start anything political, just saying I'd trade all of streaming video (with social media right alongside it) for the relative economic stability of that time period.
Oh trust me, watching beavis and butthead was extra special for me. my family grew up without cable. So when we'd go over my godmother's house, and go to her tv in her room to watch it with no other adults around, it felt like we found the holy grail.

TotalBabe

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
"Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Joao Vaz for work related to 388FBO7JZRKB0QFC73HISV0B6HWNYQ.
The value of your bonus is: $12.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
You and your match met the $10 balance in the Group Account.
Your bonus payment is $12.

Thank you for your participation.

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!"

And I just submitted my SurveyComet HIT for the week, too. :wink:

Dill

Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Joao Vaz for work related to 38F60IALAG8CY8OBWRSL92CJJM3T0W.

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

Solid day today.

It's Gamera!

Flippant Amniote
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
"Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Joao Vaz for work related to 388FBO7JZRKB0QFC73HISV0B6HWNYQ.

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!"

And I just submitted my SurveyComet HIT for the week, too. :wink:

klingeemonster

Does this poncho make me look fat?
Contributor
Reaction score
THIS ALL THE WAY.

There was that sweet period were no one I knew was getting silly rich, but we all had jobs that paid the bills comfortably, we had money left over to spend on fun stuff (within reason, no one was buying yachts), and we were able to save, too.

It wasn't that we weren't buying expensive gadgets, tho. Early computers and laptops especially were VERY EXPENSIVE compared to now. Heck, I built one of my first computers to save money, and it was nothing special, just cheaper than buying a prebuilt. We didn't drop $1000 on a new phone, but we did spend more than that on a new computer, so...lol.

And now I have to:

I still remember dropping 3000 dollars on a 486dx computer with Windows 3.1 and it was smoking hot at the time.( for back then, at least)

Last edited:

GTR

Reaction score
Time to brush up on the classics, youngblood.

one of my favorite musicians saw him in 1994 and he put on one great show, the opening band did not make it to open for whatever reason, but nobody cared, Steve, said that instead he and the band would play an extended set... 4 hours later :) so glad the other band did not make it. He played stuff that he hadn't done in years, like 1960's and early 70's.

Last edited:
Reactions: C to the J

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
easy $$$

Title: The Study of Goal Pursuit | PANDA
Requester: Lauren Ministero [A2X8CE7M4JTTWJ] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 3.00 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.33 Generosity
★★★★ 4.00 Fairness
★★★★ 4.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 6 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Respond to questions about your thoughts, feelings, and responses to news stories.
Time: 7200
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $10.00
Qualifications: Previous Participant DoesNotExist ;Masters Exists

Theta Carinae

minor superhero nerd
Contributor
Reaction score
I still remember dropping 3000 dollars on a 486dx computer with Windows 3.1 and it was smoking hot at the time.( for back then, at least)
Aah, I totally still remember getting excited when 56k modems first dropped below $100...and that seemed cheap (though that would have been quite a bit later...dude, the computer I played Carmen Sandiego on when I was 10 still had a Pentium chip)

Reactions: klingeemonster

GTR

Reaction score
OOOO Steve also played like a 15 min version of Jungle Love... :love:

Reactions: tricker

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
Right? I remember when I got my first laptop for like $1800 and thought that was a massive bargain, lol.

I bought my first computer with Win 3.1 from a coworker who was upgrading. I then spent many hours in Fry's Electronics buying all the upgrades I wanted and installing them in the computer. I pulled a dumb move and fried my mother board while installing a new graphics card (which was like 12" x 4" in measurement, lol) and it was still VASTLY cheaper for me to buy an entirely new mother board. And RAM. Don't get me started. I recently found some old RAM chips I replaced back in the day, lol. I had thrown them in a box with old computer components and it was tucked in the way back area of my garage.

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: The Ethics of Artificial Intelligence in the Military | Accept
Requester: Mark Ashby [A3GV9KVLFWBNB7] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=9.08] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.71
Duration: 2700
Available: 1
Description: Answer a ~10 minute survey about the ethical implications of integrating artificial intelligence into the U.S. military.
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 25; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.3.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: AmaMarie

ALinAL

Contributor
Reaction score
I get to take a nap now!

You've received a bonus from Joao Vaz for work related to 3QREJ3J433OQSLNARB0C6VHB37NLKR.

:party:

You've received a bonus from Susan Moegenburg for work related to 3KL228NDMVX6L530KLM0W6JYDTQGKB.
The value of your bonus is: $4.10 USD

Thanks for completing the survey. This bonus was calculated based upon your in game score

You've received a bonus from Midori Nishioka for work related to 3QQUBC64ZEW3WSM9SY5WE48JTZGNXF.
The value of your bonus is: $1.11 USD

No comment provided by Requester.

You've received a bonus from Jeri Little for work related to 3YGE63DIN8XJH1L8WWYS95NAMCX0WE.
The value of your bonus is: $2.50 USD

No comment provided by Requester.

Status
Not open for further replies.