06/17 - Macadamia Monday!

Who do you like more?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

alk69

Reaction score
Anyone know of anyone who delivers fruit and vegetables by mail ? (Keeping in mind I live in the middle of nowhere.)
No and I've been looking for years. It's like meat and wine. Only certain times(temperature) from certain places to certain places, and with heavy cold shipped--AND EXPENSIVE. Let me repeat that..AND EXPENSIVE!......I'm glad you asked this. Maybe some of these bright lights will have a good answer for us....you can add the problem of using Snap Benefits, too. Just to make the whole thing really impossible.

Theta Carinae

minor superhero nerd
Contributor
Reaction score
No and I've been looking for years. It's like meat and wine. Only certain times(temperature) from certain places to certain places, and with heavy cold shipped--AND EXPENSIVE. Let me repeat that..AND EXPENSIVE!......I'm glad you asked this. Maybe some of these bright lights will have a good answer for us....you can add the problem of using Snap Benefits, too. Just to make the whole thing really impossible.
As someone who grew up on a cherry orchard, let me say: without that EXPENSIVE heavy cold shipping, it is incredibly difficult to move produce for any more than short distances (particularly with shipping, where it has long periods of sitting around various distribution centers that may or may not be temperature-controlled at all) without it being a box full of mush and bugs by the time it gets to you. Maybe that's what we need to get Elon Musk on instead of travelling to the moon or whatever.

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Anyone know of anyone who delivers fruit and vegetables by mail ? (Keeping in mind I live in the middle of nowhere.)
Some of our local grocery stores are using InstaCart now. It's been really convenient. I live in the middle of nowhere too and I was really surprised that some of them have started using it now.

Minx2121

Reaction score
I have Netflix, Hulu and Prime (no cable). We watch Netflix and Hulu a lot. Prime is mostly for the free shipping but we do occasionally watch their movies. I just went on vacation and took advantage of Prime books which I had never used before. I loaded everyone's tablet up with free books. No complaining or begging for overpriced magazines at the airport, It was great.
Nice! I should check that out with Prime also, thank you for sharing!

Reactions: Castor and LucyO

HelloHello

Reaction score
I use netflix for planet earth nature shows.

Hulu is a fucking dream come true because it has the full series all of the favorite shows i used to watch- Family Guy, South park, Married with Children, Rick and Morty, Malcolm in the Middle, Scrubs, Community, King of the hill, Futurama, Lost, The Practice...

I couldn't live without hulu!!!

tbh I gotta have both

i keep netflix cause every now and then something really popular comes out like Birdbox and I'd be uncool if i didn't watch it.... lol

plus... my nature videos. how else would i know that male cuttlefish cross dress to get into another male's house to mate with his female. thats G-shit
For me Hulu’s over Netflix any day of the week.

PandaThief

Reaction score
Random question of the day: Who uses which movie streaming service/have you tried more than one and prefer one over the other?....We have netflix and have been using for years but while I was shopping on amazon for older movies to buy the kids (my son is into baseball now so I thought he would enjoy Rookie of the Year for one) and am now considering Amazon prime. Trying to do a comparison between which is the better value for the money or even wondering if maybe using both would be most beneficial....
Out of the big 3 i use Netflix the most, it's the oldest and has the best quality content. And i'd figure i'd slide this in there for anyone with an EBT card, Snap benefits or a Medicaid card it's only 6.99 for you guys. So might worth a shot if you're on a budget

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/cust...3d-4647-aa7f-3aa6dc3ea173&pf_rd_i=16256994011

Minx2121

Reaction score
I use netflix for planet earth nature shows.

Hulu is a fucking dream come true because it has the full series all of the favorite shows i used to watch- Family Guy, South park, Married with Children, Rick and Morty, Malcolm in the Middle, Scrubs, Community, King of the hill, Futurama, Lost, The Practice...

I couldn't live without hulu!!!

tbh I gotta have both

i keep netflix cause every now and then something really popular comes out like Birdbox and I'd be uncool if i didn't watch it.... lol

plus... my nature videos. how else would i know that male cuttlefish cross dress to get into another male's house to mate with his female. thats G-shit
Yeah that's another thing I want to expand on, whether I have to buy the dvds or am able to watch them through streaming, I miss my nature documentaries. I grew up on shows like Big Cat Diaries and of course, The Crocodile Hunter :D

Theta Carinae

minor superhero nerd
Contributor
Reaction score
Some of our local grocery stores are using InstaCart now. It's been really convenient. I live in the middle of nowhere too and I was really surprised that some of them have started using it now.
That's pretty awesome. Mind if I ask where you live? (no need to get specific if you don't want, state is fine)

Minx2121

Reaction score
Reactions: LucyO

sarcasta

sleepy kitshark
Reaction score
Random question of the day: Who uses which movie streaming service/have you tried more than one and prefer one over the other?....We have netflix and have been using for years but while I was shopping on amazon for older movies to buy the kids (my son is into baseball now so I thought he would enjoy Rookie of the Year for one) and am now considering Amazon prime. Trying to do a comparison between which is the better value for the money or even wondering if maybe using both would be most beneficial....
So, I get Netflix free with my T Mobile family plan. I pay for Hulu, but I got in on their Black Friday .99/mo for a year limited commercials deal. I also pay for CBS All Access, but I watch a lot of reality TV (Big Brother, Survivor, Amazing Race).

Reactions: LucyO and Minx2121

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
If I'm doing BOTH jobs, I get BOTH days. mboone73 @mboone73
Oh, I was just being difficult. I’m sure you’re an awesome mom.

I know it’s tough. I helped raise my sister after my dad died. She was 9 at the time. She’s more level headed than I am, so hopefully I did something right.

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
Well, that's something I can persue: one never knows, does one. How do yo define "in the middle of nowhere"? And thanks for the lead!!

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
im going to intentionally miss my survey comet today as a gift to future (2-3 days from now) d.o.r. who might be struggling and/or hungover. Its called adulting.

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.