06/12 - Money Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

loki3404

So Corporate
Contributor
Reaction score
From GEOhives Requester about the internal qual.

"The internal is something of a sacred qual. It is for DG blood and kin, and for students who have successfully completed the GeoHIVE University Partnership Program. I have strict orders to keep this qual on lock.

You may already be aware of how much effort is going into automated feature detection in imagery. The end game is for the computer to be able to replace you (and me) *collective sigh*. It is, after all, an inevitability that we all must come to realize or face the consequence of obsolescence. The money for this very $$$ venture comes from customers who really want to be able to detect those features on the fly. The datasets we create feed the machine.

○ Before you throw your computer out the window, keep in mind that pretty much anything we do electronically today is being submitted through machine learning processes to make our life more convenient, before ultimately replacing us altogether in the eve of singularity. "

:(
"You can't work on our hits but don't feel bad because pretty soon you won't be able to work on anything."

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score
I caught those $3 randalls first. Damn. Sorry.
I saw it quick and thought $4 yay! Now I feel like an asshole.
I wasn't trying to insinuate that you were in the wrong for posting it or anything. Just pointing out that it had really specific qual requirements to try to save people a few clicks.

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: 5 minute academic survey with $1 completion award. | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Marema Gaye [A20TYAINLB8A9O] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.82] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 4.69] [Reviews: 23] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $18.46/hr] [Pen: 0.13 days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 100% of 3] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Description:
You will be asked to complete an academic survey. Your eligibility to participate in this survey may depend on your participation in a prior HIT by this requester. You can check your eligibility by completing the first page of the survey. Thank you!
Time: 30 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 100; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.21.10

tempo

Contributor
Reaction score
Peachy @PeachyRider do you have that geohive qual? I registered last night too but don't have it yet :(.

MrTrentSD

Alive and Kicking
Contributor
Reaction score
From GEOhives Requester about the internal qual.

"The internal is something of a sacred qual. It is for DG blood and kin, and for students who have successfully completed the GeoHIVE University Partnership Program. I have strict orders to keep this qual on lock.

You may already be aware of how much effort is going into automated feature detection in imagery. The end game is for the computer to be able to replace you (and me) *collective sigh*. It is, after all, an inevitability that we all must come to realize or face the consequence of obsolescence. The money for this very $$$ venture comes from customers who really want to be able to detect those features on the fly. The datasets we create feed the machine.

○ Before you throw your computer out the window, keep in mind that pretty much anything we do electronically today is being submitted through machine learning processes to make our life more convenient, before ultimately replacing us altogether in the eve of singularity. "

:(
Will Your Job Be Done By A Machine?
http://www.npr.org/sections/money/2015/05/21/408234543/will-your-job-be-done-by-a-machine

Not A Robot

VERIFIED HUMAN
Contributor
Reaction score
Hit of the day. 30 secs.

Title: 5 minute academic survey with $1 completion award. | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Marema Gaye [A20TYAINLB8A9O] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.82] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 4.69] [Reviews: 23] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $18.46/hr] [Pen: 0.13 days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 100% of 3] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Description:
You will be asked to complete an academic survey. Your eligibility to participate in this survey may depend on your participation in a prior HIT by this requester. You can check your eligibility by completing the first page of the survey. Thank you!
Time: 30 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 100; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is US;

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.