Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

LlamaRhama

Party Llama
Contributor
Champion
Reaction score
From GEOhives Requester about the internal qual.

"The internal is something of a sacred qual. It is for DG blood and kin, and for students who have successfully completed the GeoHIVE University Partnership Program. I have strict orders to keep this qual on lock.

You may already be aware of how much effort is going into automated feature detection in imagery. The end game is for the computer to be able to replace you (and me) *collective sigh*. It is, after all, an inevitability that we all must come to realize or face the consequence of obsolescence. The money for this very $$$ venture comes from customers who really want to be able to detect those features on the fly. The datasets we create feed the machine.

○ Before you throw your computer out the window, keep in mind that pretty much anything we do electronically today is being submitted through machine learning processes to make our life more convenient, before ultimately replacing us altogether in the eve of singularity. "

:(
Wow...

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score

"The internal is something of a sacred qual. It is for DG blood and kin, and for students who have successfully completed the GeoHIVE University Partnership Program. I have strict orders to keep this qual on lock.

You may already be aware of how much effort is going into automated feature detection in imagery. The end game is for the computer to be able to replace you (and me) *collective sigh*. It is, after all, an inevitability that we all must come to realize or face the consequence of obsolescence. The money for this very $$$ venture comes from customers who really want to be able to detect those features on the fly. The datasets we create feed the machine.

○ Before you throw your computer out the window, keep in mind that pretty much anything we do electronically today is being submitted through machine learning processes to make our life more convenient, before ultimately replacing us altogether in the eve of singularity. "

That's a very lucid reply I can appreciate. I like that guy.

lobo925

CEO of Pizza
Contributor
Reaction score

If you weren't already depressed today

humbleturker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
does this mean if I registered last night that i'll be able to do them
No, they usually take 3 months to give the qual
From TH this morning:

"• I just updated 545 new user quals; if you registered, you should now have the qual.
• Our dev team is launching and managing the HITs for box-drawings.If you lost your qual on this, it is because:
○ The algorithm used to detect script-usage for auto-submitting answers determined you were using an illegal script.
○ You consistently were off on your boxes. Not just a little off, like WAY off. As in, you didn't look at the image off.
• We have some more validation campaigns dropping today, for those of you into that sort of thing.

I'm still here, to answer questions and communicate, but this last week has been incredibly busy. My apologies if I failed to get back to you in a timely manner. You ARE important to me.

Happy Monday,

Bobby"

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Survey about your opinions | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Octavia [AYRTFVBS5ILZD] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 6] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: --/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: -- of 0] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Description:
Answer a brief survey about everyday behaviors and organizations -- pays $ 0.75 for approx. 6-7 minutes
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 3
Reward: $0.75
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is US; previously participated in the study has not been granted;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.21.10

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score

I like this person!

My children have STRICT instructions on how to handle my consciousness when I die, should I live long enough to reach the singularity. I'm really hoping I do.

Reactions: LlamaRhama

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
PE: $0.00

Need to get crackin'

The morning started with an emergency visit to the orthodontist. Apparently some wires and inner lips don't always live in harmony. But the kid is all rewired and happy now.

ElleWoods

Walking in a Turker Wonderland
Contributor
Reaction score
For African American sexually active single college students
I saw it quick and thought $4 yay! Now I feel like an asshole.

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Economic Decision Making(~ 5 minutes) | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Catherine Eckel [A2XOY29L2DUH0Q] (Contact)
TO 1: Not Available
TO 2: Not Available
Description: We are experimental economists from Texas A&M University. We are running a brief experiment in which you can earn money per question answered. Furthermore, for some questions you earn money based on your decision and the decision of someone else.
Time: 40 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.80
Qualifications: Exc: [19-46580] has not been granted; Location is one of: US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.21.10

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
From TH this morning:

"• I just updated 545 new user quals; if you registered, you should now have the qual.
• Our dev team is launching and managing the HITs for box-drawings.If you lost your qual on this, it is because:
○ The algorithm used to detect script-usage for auto-submitting answers determined you were using an illegal script.
○ You consistently were off on your boxes. Not just a little off, like WAY off. As in, you didn't look at the image off.
• We have some more validation campaigns dropping today, for those of you into that sort of thing.

I'm still here, to answer questions and communicate, but this last week has been incredibly busy. My apologies if I failed to get back to you in a timely manner. You ARE important to me.

Happy Monday,

Bobby"
Peachy @PeachyRider You should check if you have the qual already
It is called

GeoHIVE R&D

Reactions: Mr. Krabs and tempo

It's Gamera!

Flippant Amniote
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score

I wasn't able to even work on tomnod hits until maybe 6 months after receiving this qual (my ID was too long and broke them), i did nothing to earn it as far as I can remember but request it, what is he talking about?

Reactions: SleepComa

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

This might depress some people but I'm looking forward to punching a terminator in the dick.

Status
Not open for further replies.