i'm inventing a new sport
it will include a full court basketball court
it will use tennis balls as the sports ball
it will have ping pong paddles for the players to use
the basketball hoop will be 12' instead of the regular 10'
the rim will be 8 inches instead of the regular 18 inches
the three-point line will be half court
if you can get a basket from full court that will be 100 points

the players will have to use the ping pong paddles to dribble the tennis ball down the court, they will have to use the paddles to pass the ball to their teammates, there will be a 20 sec shot clock and you have to get across midcourt within 4 sec or you turn to ball over and the other team gets to shoot free throws, and you have to shoot free throws within 3 sec or you turn the ball over, none of that standing around for 10-15 sec them make or miss everybody and thier cousin fistbumping the free throw shooter.

there will be a 1 hour game timer, no quarters no rest
each player will only have 3 fouls to give
this will be 4 on 4 where one player stays at the goal and defends while the other three try to score

more rules coming as I figure them out

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
That's suspicious though, for a team that shoots much better. You'd think one would've gone in by accident.
it's suspicious because it was fixed and people will still throw that number around forever like the sport is squeaky clean

Reactions: turkleton

GTR

Reaction score
it was not always like this, from the 50s to the 80s they let the players decide who was gonna win and who would play in the championship game, more so than not the refs would let the guys play, bang hard, give hard fouls and not call fouls on every ticky tack touch, the NBA was tough back then, and you could not be a crybaby. These players today are good and skilled, but 9 out of 10 would not have held up back in the day.

Reactions: Peachy

cassius

Reaction score
Well that's interesting. Radio has a program on that is talking about how surveys are being used for people's voices and then those are transferred to AI and manipulated to then call people and make them think a family member is in trouble.

Reactions: stuffalleysays

GTR

Reaction score
Matt has been ar this shit a lot longer than any of you. But, Whatever.
I been around too, and it has changed some since you and I were watching the REAL NBA back then

Reactions: mboone73

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
Well that's interesting. Radio has a program on that is talking about how surveys are being used for people's voices and then those are transferred to AI and manipulated to then call people and make them think a family member is in trouble.
How could I find this, or is it not possible from where I am?

GTR

Reaction score
sports just ain't what it was at one time
I wish the NFL would keep letting the players celebrate in the endzone after a TD, they did to a degree last season, but previous seasons it had been taken away. I mean come the fuck on, it's a GAME < FUN

and the league wants to stop celebrating? they treat it as a business only, when in fact it's a sport, competition, it's for the fans to enjoy, so stop with the BS and let the hard working high priced ticket buying paying a fuckin mortgage to get a parking spot near the stadium paying $5 for a hotdog and $4 for a Coke... have some fuckin FUN

Last edited:

Shawnbks9090

Contributor
Reaction score
sports just ain't what it was at one time
I wish the NFL would keep letting the players celebrate in the endzone after a TD, they did to a degree last season, but previous seasons it had been taken away. I mean come the fuck on, it's a GAME < FUN

and the league wants to stop celebrating? they treat it as a business only, when in fact it's a sport, competition, it's for the fans to enjoy, so stop with the BS and let the hard working high priced ticket buying paying a fuckin mortgage to get a parking spot near the stadium paying $5 for a hotdog and $4 for a Coke... have some fuckin FUN
they did to a degree last season?? Did you watch any Eagles games? Youre right. they used to penalize group celebration. Last season, Eagles would have a dude set up as umpire, catcher, pitcher, then the guy who scored was in the batters box swinging for the fences. haha

Reactions: GTR

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
i miss nfl celebrations that had players pulling out cellphones in the padding of the uprights

TissueHime

Thread Maker Extraordinaire
Threaderator
Reaction score
1 hour left for dibs!
if you do call it, please tag me or else I might miss it

Reactions: jklmnop

Achilles2357

Reaction score
i'm inventing a new sport
it will include a full court basketball court
it will use tennis balls as the sports ball
it will have ping pong paddles for the players to use
the basketball hoop will be 12' instead of the regular 10'
the rim will be 8 inches instead of the regular 18 inches
the three-point line will be half court
if you can get a basket from full court that will be 100 points

the players will have to use the ping pong paddles to dribble the tennis ball down the court, they will have to use the paddles to pass the ball to their teammates, there will be a 20 sec shot clock and you have to get across midcourt within 4 sec or you turn to ball over and the other team gets to shoot free throws, and you have to shoot free throws within 3 sec or you turn the ball over, none of that standing around for 10-15 sec them make or miss everybody and thier cousin fistbumping the free throw shooter.

there will be a 1 hour game timer, no quarters no rest
each player will only have 3 fouls to give
this will be 4 on 4 where one player stays at the goal and defends while the other three try to score

more rules coming as I figure them out
I'm sitting here thinking about this.... ping pong paddles dribbling tennis balls could work. The paddles are sturdy enough and the balls are big enough.
I'm thinking there might be a lot of wild shots though. This would break up the fast-paced game.

Schlep

Reaction score
Yeah. Altho' the players aren't blameless there. TO running to the 50 to spike the ball. That kind of thing deserves a taunting penalty. Even stuff like the Fun Bunch and other organized celebrations took extra time. Not great for a league that has been trying to decrease game times. Now the Ickey Shuffle or Billy Johnson type stuff should have never been banned. They even harassed poor Ickey when he did his dance on the sidelines. No Fun League.

GTR

Reaction score
I'm sitting here thinking about this.... ping pong paddles dribbling tennis balls could work. The paddles are sturdy enough and the balls are big enough.
I'm thinking there might be a lot of wild shots though. This would break up the fast-paced game.
that's why it will have pro athletes :p

Reactions: Achilles2357
Status
Not open for further replies.