05/23 - Thunderclap Thursday!

Should sandwiches be cut horizontally or diagonally?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Has anyone done all of the Vision AI2 quals? I messed up my first one and haven't been able to catch another one since then.
I've just completed both rounds of quals and have moved on to being able to the the full HITs... What's your question?

Reactions: LucyO

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
I've just completed both rounds of quals and have moved on to being able to the the full HITs... What's your question?
I was just wondering if they were still doing the quals or if I should turn the Panda off. It looks like they're done :thumbsdown:

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I was just wondering if they were still doing the quals or if I should turn the Panda off. It looks like they're done :thumbsdown:
Depends on which set of quals you were working on...

The initial set of quals posted 2 days ago, so those ones are likely long gone. The second round quals, the one where you're actually working with another person, posted yesterday and have a 24-hour timer, so there's a chance you could catch some late returns today. I haven't been watching close enough to see if more qual HITs have posted today...

However, the HITs are really fun and easy (pay is not too bad) so it's probably worth continuing to try to catch a few more qual HITs from yesterday's batch if those are what you need.

Reactions: LucyO

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Depends on which set and when you were working on them... The initial set of quals posted 2 days ago, so those ones are likely gone. The second round quals, the one where you're actually working with another person, posted yesterday and have a 24-hour timers, so there's a chance you could catch some later returns. I haven't been watching close enough to see if more qual HITs have posted today...

However, the HITs are really fun and easy (pay is not too bad) so it's probably worth continuing to try to catch a few more qual HITs from yesterday's batch if those are what you need.
Thanks! I worked on them last year and I really enjoyed them, but I don't think they were qual'd then. I've still got the panda running from yesterday's but still haven't caught any. I'll keep it on and hope for some returns.

Kristina M Greer

Reaction score
I unfortunately don't know the answer to this question outside of reviewing them on turkerview. If it's a university study, you can report them to their IRB. I'm not sure how to report to amazon or how effective it is.
Yeah I'm not sure who they are associated with.. I remember emailing someone direct in the past.. but god that was years ago

Reactions: SherryNotShirley

Kristina M Greer

Reaction score
now, now,
it's just alliteration
as an aside, I've never been in a tornado. we had lots of watches in N. FL - though nothing came of it, in the city.
We did have a 'downspout' tornado, though, right on our block. It cut a path about 7 blocks in our neighborhood. You could literally track where it went by the damage (huge - really huge - trees went down). So dangerous.......
I've actually seen a few tornados he in Florida and when growing up in GA. When I was little in GA I remember there was this lady who lived across the street. She had a mini vineyard of muscadines in her back yard. We had a huge tornado come through.. and we were stupid back then. I remember looking out the window with the window cracked and Yelling at my mom "Mom Mrs Marino\s house just flew down the street" Not that I could see it too clearly cuz it got soo dark.. but big chunks of her house was found in the empty field down the street. It was freaking crazy. Luckily they were away in Italy visiting family. My mom had to call them and tell them about their house..

Reactions: jan

Kristina M Greer

Reaction score
That's the truth. I'm only recently back after a two-year hiatus.

I feel like I'm a couple of steps back on the learning curve.
I started in Feb of 2013... took like 2 1/2 years off and my first day back was 3/27. I feel like im pulling teeth some days but Im getting there. I found the scripts to be useful, we didnt have any back then. Now they have Panda Crazy and it catches hits for you that you are waiting for. :)
Also this is the slow time of year so don't get too discouraged.

Dill

Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about your romantic relationship | Accept
Requester: Joshua Pederson [A2ETONKWZSC95N] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$10.66] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=1.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 2.00
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: You are asked to reflect on your romantic relationship and how you and your partner discuss politics. The survey should take about 15 to 25 minutes to complete. Compensation for eligible participants who complete the survey.
Qualifications: Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.12
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
15-20 minutes into this survey, I get hit with this: "Thanks for your willingness to participate. Unfortunately, we have already filled our target response limit."[/td][/tr]

Status
Not open for further replies.