05/22 - Warburton Wednesday!

Does your username have a story behind it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Title: Human Robot Interaction Survey | Accept
Requester: HRI Lab [A30SYF6C09S8YL] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$[color=Steelblue]14.97[/color]] [Pay=[color=Mediumslateblue]Good[/color]] [Approval=[color=Steelblue]~24 hrs[/color]] [Comm=[color=Steelblue]Excellent[/color]] [Rej=[color=Steelblue]0[/color]] [Blk=[color=Steelblue]0[/color]]
TO: [Pay=[color=Steelblue]4.16[/color]] [Fast=[color=Steelblue]4.83[/color]] [Comm=[color=Steelblue]4.50[/color]] [Fair=[color=Steelblue]5.00[/color]] [Reviews=42] [ToS=[color=Steelblue]0[/color]]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 30:00
Available: 1
Description: Answer questions after watching a short video of a daily life scenario. Workers who participated in a previous version of this experiment in 2017 or 2018 will not be able to participate and will be given an error message.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.11
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Kristina M Greer

Reaction score
It also doesn't help that they just don't give proper instructions. They give examples of what they want and then it's super simple to see that "oh, this isn't too tough." and then you start doing the task and there's stuff that is very nebulous and you're not sure if they want it done that way.

i guess it's just like real math. spend time studying and get to the test and it's nothing like the practice

Thats my prob, no real instructions.. And sad part is math is my thing.. I was excited to be boxing math problems based on limits LOL
Just please leave a review on TV and let them know how the directions were lacking. Would love them to post again if they can make the intructions more informatable

Reactions: tempo

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Title: Shopping Study | Accept
Requester: Tina [A1K09FP8Y5ML05] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$[color=Steelblue]12.82[/color]] [Pay=[color=Mediumslateblue]Good[/color]] [Approval=[color=Steelblue]~24 hrs[/color]] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=[color=Steelblue]0[/color]] [Blk=[color=Steelblue]0[/color]]
TO: [Pay=[color=Mediumpurple]2.42[/color]] [Fast=[color=Steelblue]4.66[/color]] [Comm=[color=Steelblue]4.00[/color]] [Fair=[color=Steelblue]4.72[/color]] [Reviews=89] [ToS=[color=Mediumorchid]1[/color]]
Reward: 0.75
Duration: 5:00:00
Available: 1
Description: 5-minute or less survey on life and consumer experiences! Please provide answers in a short survey.
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.11
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

corysilk

Reaction score
So Peachy lost his masters because of 44 mass rejections...I'm a bit concerned lol.

my approval rating is 99.8% but still had my masters revoked

i did get "mass" rejected w 48 hits last week though

Reactions: turkleton

Bolbor

zug zug
Reaction score
Requesters, as a whole, should reject more often than they do, then there would be less people scamming HITs = better reputation for mturk = more work = more $_$
no problem with this line of thought as long as requesters also realize they need to be very thorough with their instructions and open to communication while their stuff is being worked on

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score
Requesters as a whole, should reject more often than they do, then there would be less people scamming HITs = better reputation for mturk = more work = more $_$
"BUT THIS SINGLE REJECTION IMPACTS MY ABILITY TO WORK ON HITS! YOU PRETTY MUCH CONDEMNED ME TO STARVATION!"

why would you say something so controversial yet so brave?
(and true)
A symptom of working on Mturk too long and getting exposed to several HITs that have you review other turkers work. Your sympathy for requesters steadily increases.

Until you get another "Sorry. I made a mistake and am reposting the survey take it again please" rejection.

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
no problem with this line of thought as long as requesters also realize they need to be very thorough with their instructions and open to communication while their stuff is being worked on
I do agree.

I also believe we should give them a reasonable amount of time to respond, and sort out a situation before bringing out the pitchforks.

Bolbor

zug zug
Reaction score
I just had a thought actually. What did you guys do for the math hits where there was an open bracket with several formulas afterward?

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score
"BUT THIS SINGLE REJECTION IMPACTS MY ABILITY TO WORK ON HITS! YOU PRETTY MUCH CONDEMNED ME TO STARVATION!"

A symptom of working on Mturk too long and getting exposed to several HITs that have you review other turkers work. Your sympathy for requesters steadily increases.

Until you get another "Sorry. I made a mistake and am reposting the survey take it again please" rejection.
I have no sympathy for anyone. Requesters and turkers are all bad.

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
somebody is working on my windows and I don't feel like doing this ustertest while they are here.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I do agree.

I also believe we should give them a reasonable amount of time to respond, and sort out a situation before bringing out the pitchforks.
+1 on all counts!:thumbsup: Totally agree!

And, to add to that, understand that after giving them that adequate time to respond, instructions are ever-evolving, growing, going more in-depth, increasing the amount and quality of examples and discovering/adding tips for edge cases. FAQs can't be a thing, by definition, until they've been frequently asked. It's in the name.:p

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
somebody is working on my windows and I don't feel like doing this ustertest while they are here.
Install Linux on a dual-boot. Then, next time someone is working on your windows, you can use linux.:D

Reactions: aveline and cb456

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
Peachy Bomb

Title: Product Perception Study (<3-5minutes)(~ 5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Lea Dunn [A24SP9LPC7ENRG] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$15.44] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.60] [Fast=4.58] [Comm=4.07] [Fair=4.70] [Reviews=128] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 0
Description: You will be asked to answer questions about a particular product category. This will take about 3 minutes to complete.
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

1:08

Title: Thinking retrospectively about movies and TV shows | Accept
Requester: Neha Sethi [AE2VK2N8H8PHS] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$13.36] [Pay=Good] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
Reward: 2.50
Duration: 2:00:00
Description: This online research aims to understand and examine people how and why people think retrospectively about a television show or movie after they watch it and how that affects their enjoyment and appreciation of the story.

4:21

Title: Social Perception(~ 2 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Stanford GSB Behavioral Lab [A3OSXTUM1QEXNY] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$14.28] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Poor] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.24] [Fast=4.12] [Comm=3.43] [Fair=4.35] [Reviews=632] [ToS=7]
Reward: 0.24
Description: Earn $.24 for a 2 min study! This is a short paid study on social perception.

50s

Title: Evaluate some products for us. | Accept
Requester: Mousavi, Seyedjavad [ASKEJU201UFQZ] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$10.87] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=1.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.50
Description: Evaluate some products for us.

1:50

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
Install Linux on a dual-boot. Then, next time someone is working on your windows, you can use linux.:D
yeah but then I have to partition it, and decide if I want default bootloader or lilo and then I have to pick a distro and then a gui. or I could just go with ubuntu or whatever.

oh wait.

Reactions: Jerami and aveline
Status
Not open for further replies.