05/20 - Slothful Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MindNumbing

Contributor
Reaction score
At least bar codes from the 5th paid out. Seems to be the only thing good about today and this week. Sure hope next week is better.

Reactions: QueenOfScreams

QueenOfScreams

Contributor
Reaction score
Okay, help me out here guys. I want to buy a car. My first car. I was trying to get one through a dealership and finance but the interest rate would've been 23%. I'd say I want to get a car that's $3-4k. Around there. Nothing before 2000, literally every car I've driven that was before 2000 has a million problems. Trying to avoid that shit. There's an auction in Wichita I could go to. Only problem is that it's on Fridays so I'd just need to request that day off.
But anyway, I make $9 an hour at my job and since I'm always working overtime I make about $700-800 every two weeks. This paycheck will be super nice because I'm going to have over 130 hours but yeah. And my turking has gotten a lot better, I've been slacking this week because I've been working a lot but after I go in tonight I'm off for like 2 weeks lol since I'm going home for my brother's graduation. I only made $56 in 2016 and I'm sitting at over $400 and I wasn't even at $100 when I joined this forum... So I'm wondering what would be a good daily goal for me if I want to buy this car as soon as possible. I don't have any specific car in mind, just kind of browse the Facebook groups and stuff and if I get to 2k soon I'll see about going to the auction since my sister got a 2007 Chevy Uplander for just over $2k, so that's promising.
My current goal is $20 a day. I don't think that's enough. Tips?

Long post over. Lol.

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
Okay, help me out here guys. I want to buy a car. My first car. I was trying to get one through a dealership and finance but the interest rate would've been 23%. I'd say I want to get a car that's $3-4k. Around there. Nothing before 2000, literally every car I've driven that was before 2000 has a million problems. Trying to avoid that shit. There's an auction in Wichita I could go to. Only problem is that it's on Fridays so I'd just need to request that day off.
But anyway, I make $9 an hour at my job and since I'm always working overtime I make about $700-800 every two weeks. This paycheck will be super nice because I'm going to have over 130 hours but yeah. And my turking has gotten a lot better, I've been slacking this week because I've been working a lot but after I go in tonight I'm off for like 2 weeks lol since I'm going home for my brother's graduation. I only made $56 in 2016 and I'm sitting at over $400 and I wasn't even at $100 when I joined this forum... So I'm wondering what would be a good daily goal for me if I want to buy this car as soon as possible. I don't have any specific car in mind, just kind of browse the Facebook groups and stuff and if I get to 2k soon I'll see about going to the auction since my sister got a 2007 Chevy Uplander for just over $2k, so that's promising.

Long post over. Lol.
To give yourself as much maneuvering room as possible (insofar as price is concerned), raise as much "monies" as you can. Any money you make in excess of what you need to purchase your car can always be set aside for something else or for mechanical work on the car if need be in future.

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score

Long post over. Lol.
... and if at all possible, it is always a good idea to have a trusted mechanic check out the vehicle before you commit to the purchase.

TQueen

Southern Sweetness
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

Long post over. Lol.
You're very smart not to finance a car at this point. You'd end up paying much, much, much too much for one at this point. That interest rate is horrendous.

I would say make your daily goal as much as you can get right now. Hustle hustle hustle. The more you make good financial decisions, sacrifices, and not acquire debt now, the easier your life will be in 10 years. Get you a clunker and excel your finances. You seem to have a good head on your shoulders. Good luck to you :)

Rose

Contributor
Reaction score

Long post over. Lol.
Do you use a budget? Try tracking your spending too. I like the Every Dollar Budget. You can put all your expenses in it and then see how much you can save every month for your car.

TQueen

Southern Sweetness
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Do you use a budget? Try tracking your spending too. I like the Every Dollar Budget. You can put all your expenses in it and then see how much you can save every month for your car.
I would second this. Budgeting is vital in your young financial life. Especially if you have debt.

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
I have no idea, but I wanted to be useful. So ...

Title: Napisz wiersz współczesny po polsku | PANDA
Requester: Piotr [A3OML7427RO1QL] (TO)
TO Ratings:
TO Unavailable
Submit a new TO review
Description: Napisz wiersz współczesny po polsku. Wiersz nie może być nigdzie wcześniej publikowany. Prawa autorskie przechodzą na Requestera. Requester może opublikować wiersz. Wiersz nie może być skopiowany z Internetu. Wiersz może być na dowolny temat.
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: None

Spicy Unagi

Let the pain begin.
Reaction score
I have no idea, but I wanted to be useful. So ...

Title: Napisz wiersz współczesny po polsku | PANDA
Requester: Piotr [A3OML7427RO1QL] (TO)
TO Ratings:
TO Unavailable
Submit a new TO review
Description: Napisz wiersz współczesny po polsku. Wiersz nie może być nigdzie wcześniej publikowany. Prawa autorskie przechodzą na Requestera. Requester może opublikować wiersz. Wiersz nie może być skopiowany z Internetu. Wiersz może być na dowolny temat.
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: None
Is that Polish?

MindNumbing

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: National Survey of Well-being | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: SoundRocket Research [A34OFBVX6TFX8K] (Contact)
TO 1: Not Available
TO 2: Not Available
Description: Survey on behaviors and attitudes related to health, race and gender, politics, and finances.
Reward: $5.00
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 5000; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is US;
18:20

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Long post over. Lol.
You're going to need a fast running friend and need to learn some ninja skills but....

QueenOfScreams

Contributor
Reaction score
... and if at all possible, it is always a good idea to have a trusted mechanic check out the vehicle before you commit to the purchase.
Right, my best friend has always told me that. Fortunately, my father in law is not a mechanic but has worked on cars forever, so I think he will be a good fit.

Reactions: ChristopherASA
Status
Not open for further replies.