05/20 - Mad Queen/King Monday!

Which TV series had the most disappointing final season/finale?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I'm glad the show did it differently. there are many things Martin wrote in the series I really wish he didn't. Things that make me think he's not that great of a writer.
it pissed me off that in the book Khal Drogo was gentle with her but in the show he was rough and mean. I didn't think that was necessary.

Reactions: LucyO

Anne Frankenstein

Reaction score
it pissed me off that in the book Khal Drogo was gentle with her but in the show he was rough and mean. I didn't think that was necessary.
It made more sense. Barbarians don't just suddenly stop being barbarians because they're in love. I'm also glad she wasn't 14.

Oh, and we can't forget Hawkeye from the final episode of MASH...it's even a decision on a lot of surveys I take...
the chicken thing? I liked that.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
It made more sense. Barbarians don't just suddenly stop being barbarians because they're in love. I'm also glad she wasn't 14.
true, but idk. I really wanted Drogo to be a good person lol.

Reactions: LucyO

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score

Yeah, the age thing in the books really weirded me out a bit. He was quite explicit in his descriptions of children....

CakesandPies

Reaction score
I find that I like the journey of most everything more interesting than the endings. Some are worse than others. I didn't really hate the GoT ending, I just felt whelmed. Like "Oh that was a thing that happened." Its the same with OITNB.

Reactions: GTR and LucyO

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I find that I like the journey of most everything more interesting than the endings. Some are worse than others. I didn't really hate the GoT ending, I just felt whelmed. Like "Oh that was a thing that happened." Its the same with OITNB.
tbh I can't even remember the latest season ending of OITNB so I'm guessing it was 'eh' for me. Still excited for the last season though

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score

Yeah, the chicken thing. The reason I didn't like it was that it didn't really fit with the vibe of the entire series. I get what they wanted to do, they wanted to get an emotional reaction out of the audience there at the end, but the reason people watched it was because it was a comedy, yeah they made social commentary about war, but nothing that dark until the end.

teal4life

Why I Turk
Contributor
Reaction score
Morning all,
I remember last winter, Kada had a MTS script that was better than the free one. Could not get it to work on my old computer. Was thinking of trying it again but can't remember the name of it. Anyone help an old lady. :happy:

Anne Frankenstein

Reaction score
I checked out of OITNB after the 2nd season. 2nd season was fine, I just really, really, really fucking hated Piper. if I hate the main character, I can't finish their journey

Status
Not open for further replies.