Contributor
Reaction score
Reactions: Stargate82

minkyboodle

"And there you have it"
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I hate when people are critical of others mourning celebrities; especially when it comes to music. We use music as a means to cope. Sometimes about shit we don't even talk to our family and friends about. I hope he finally found peace.
I hope I didn't seem critical.. :( (If I was, it was more a self-critical thing, because I got crap for being so broken up about Leonard Cohen's passing.) I truly get what it means to admire someone and find solace in their expression of pain and loneliness via music/writing, to feel less alone because even though you've never met them, they know what's in your heart that you don't or can't speak about. I definitely agree about music being sanctuary and a way to cope with the rollercoaster that is life; I would not have made it this far without it.
Thanks guys. Music is how we see and express life. I was in group homes and foster care. Certain bands and people were honestly what kept me alive sometimes.
Definitely! And I understand about the group homes/foster care thing and how music helped in dealing with all of that. I used to run from them a lot, and singing these songs and others as I walked along kept me sane or helped me hold it together when home is where I was escaping from and I needed to keep a clear head to get to somewhere safer.

I hope that things are better for you these days. :blueheart:

ElleWoods

Walking in a Turker Wonderland
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Short survey about you! (about 10 minutes) | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Ready Research Team [A29GK0UEKG03NK] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 3.68] [Fast: 4.64] [Comm: 3.97] [Fair: 4.67] [Reviews: 93] [ToS: 2]
TO 2:
[Rate: $9.00/hr] [Pen: 1.00 days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 100% of 2] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Auto Approval:
1 day
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: AS-TAM 2017 has not been granted ; ASAP has not been granted ; Location is US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.21.10

loki3404

So Corporate
Contributor
Reaction score
I hope I didn't seem critical.. :( (If I was, it was more a self-critical thing, because I got crap for being so broken up about Leonard Cohen's passing.) I truly get what it means to admire someone and find solace in their expression of pain and loneliness via music/writing, to feel less alone because even though you've never met them, they know what's in your heart that you don't or can't speak about. I definitely agree about music being sanctuary and a way to cope with the rollercoaster that is life; I would not have made it this far without it.

Definitely! And I understand about the group homes/foster care thing and how music helped in dealing with all of that. I used to run from them a lot, and singing these songs and others as I walked along kept me sane or helped me hold it together when home is where I was escaping from and I needed to keep a clear head to get to somewhere safer.

I hope that things are better for you these days. :blueheart:
Nah. I was agreeing with you. You actually expressed what I was trying to say much better than I did.

ElleWoods

Walking in a Turker Wonderland
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Evaluating Trustworthiness of Reviews | PANDA
Requester: hojjat aghakhani [A12F2Y9JLNQ7A6] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 3.15] [Fast: 3.33] [Comm: 3.13] [Fair: 3.00] [Reviews: 16] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $18.00/hr] [Pen: 2.00 days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 100% of 2] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Auto Approval:
4 days
Time: 18 minutes
HITs Available: 32
Reward: $2.00
Qualifications: TEST has not been granted ; Total approved HITs is greater than 10000; HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 97; Location is US;
5 min

basketcasey

Curiouser and curiouser
Mentor
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Super Smart
Reaction score
Title: Word Decision Task | PANDA
Requester: Tanenhaus Lab [A2A9Q2GOSEDL8Q] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.14] [Fast: 4.14] [Comm: 3.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 10] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
Not Available
Description: Judge the frequency of a series of words.
Time: 60 minutes
Reward: $2.50
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 75; Location is US;

basketcasey

Curiouser and curiouser
Mentor
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Super Smart
Reaction score
Title: ($2.65 Bonus for Full Survey) Answer questions about research participation and behavior | PANDA
Requester: UK Research [A190HF3SV0HRG9] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 3.91] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00]
Description:
($2.65 Bonus for Full Survey) Answer questions about research participation and behavior
Time: 4 hours
Reward: $0.05
Qualifications: Justice has not been granted; Total approved HITs is not less than 50; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is US;
Justice has not been granted

:tearsofjoy:

basketcasey

Curiouser and curiouser
Mentor
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Super Smart
Reaction score
Waking up to it being 80 degrees outside already

I remember one summer when I was in DC, I'd catch the bus each morning to work. Once it was like 99 by 8 am for a week straight. It was hell.

basketcasey

Curiouser and curiouser
Mentor
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Super Smart
Reaction score
Edit: 3 mins

Title: 4-6 minute survey, answer questions in response to scenarios(~ 5 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Emma Levine [A324UW6F1MMALO] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 2.33] [Fast: 4.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 20] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
Not Available
Description: Please complete this 4-6 minute study in which you will read scenarios and provide judgments
Time: 30 minutes
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 100; Exc: [552601553-43584] has not been granted; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is one of: US;

Last edited:

basketcasey

Curiouser and curiouser
Mentor
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Super Smart
Reaction score
Title: Identify 'Frequently Bought Together Items' (a) | PANDA
Requester: Tim J Hadorn [A3SHPRLLQFA2LV] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 1] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
Not Available
Description: Capture Frequently Bought Together Items from webpage
Time: 4 hours
Reward: $0.85
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 75; Location is one of: US, US-CA, US-CO, US-FL, US-GA, US-IL, US-IN, US-KY, US-MI, US-MN, US-MO, US-MS, US-NC, US-NH, US-NJ, US-NY, US-PA, US-SC, US-TN, US-TX, US-VA, US-WI;

Reactions: PhantomCatt

minkyboodle

"And there you have it"
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Cohen's death hit me hard too. One of the best writers. Songs of Love and Hate is a masterpiece in my opinion.
I'm sorry. :( That really is a wonderful album, and Famous Blue Raincoat will always be one of my favorites of his songs. His poetry was what really made me fall in love with him, though. My copies of his anthologies are so dog-eared and raggedy from over-use at this point, I really need to get new copies. (I love my books and try to take care of them, but they have been dragged literally from heartland to east coast, from bath at home to open field, and so on, and they get a bit dinged up in the process.)
minkyboodle @minkyboodle I took it the right way. I am doing much better. I have a life I love with purpose. And Cohens death is something I can't even really talk about yet.
That's good, and I am freaking proud of you, even though I am just some stranger on the internet. A life living and loving with purpose is the best thing you can do after something like that.

As far as Mr. Cohen, I understand.

Reactions: TheresaofAlbion
Status
Not open for further replies.