scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Title: Sounds (~ 2 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: MJ H [A1ZTMLZ5IGZT1A]
TurkerView: [ $13.51 / hour ]
Description: computer access only. US participants only.
Duration: 30 Min
Available: 8
Reward: $0.25
Qualifications:
  • Exc: [35274413-146852] DoesNotExist
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95
[3AIRCNF3DAQQ2QY3DT9I9DKU0UKMQ1]

Reactions: aveline

SarahAshlee90

Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
C to the J @C to the J 's tag yesterday (this morning) made me want to bring the convo back.

theres no way u guys are credit card debt free AND working on mturk lol! I just refuse to believe that yall haven't been tempted by a "free" 2,000 dollars as broke adults.

Everyone post your social security numbers right now so I can run background checks, and post the results in tomorrows forum!
Maybe people spend 12+ hours a day on here to stay out of credit card debt, or maybe thats just me. Plus that poll didn't mention anything about student loans.

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe people spend 12+ hours a day on here to stay out of credit card debt, or maybe thats just me. Plus that poll didn't mention anything about student loans.
i guess. I've always imagined that people were BROUGHT to mturk based on them ruining their credit/financial life and needing a way to make more money lol

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
C to the J @C to the J 's tag yesterday (this morning) made me want to bring the convo back.

theres no way u guys are credit card debt free AND working on mturk lol! I just refuse to believe that yall haven't been tempted by a "free" 2,000 dollars as broke adults.

Everyone post your social security numbers right now so I can run background checks, and post the results in tomorrows forum!

Maria Tortilla

Dave Grohl is my spirit animal
Contributor
Reaction score

My credit cards kinds of got out of control (again) so I consolidated them all into one big super loan through my credit union. It's saving me thousands of dollars in interest.

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score

Not having a lot of debt to worry about makes it easier to work on Mturk.

Aesric

Reaction score
Title: Product Study for Affluent Millennials(~ 8 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Sheana Ahlqvist [A3BTF3R1S42GH3] (Req TV): $14.75/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
You will take a short online survey.
Time: 30 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.85
Qualifications: Exc: [-601088708-147133] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 85; Location In US;

Affluent.. mturk... where do these requesters come from? Do they really think they're going to get valid data?:aveno:

Reactions: cb456 and thismegan

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Title: Product Study for Affluent Millennials(~ 8 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Sheana Ahlqvist [A3BTF3R1S42GH3] (Req TV): $14.75/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
You will take a short online survey.
Time: 30 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.85
Qualifications: Exc: [-601088708-147133] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 85; Location In US;

Affluent.. mturk... where do these requesters come from? Do they really think they're going to get valid data?:aveno:
If affluent means having more than $5 to your name, I'm affluent. I just refuse to do this survey as I value doing it at more than 85 cents so they are going to have to up their payment if they want me to work it.

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
Oh yeah and my husband and I made an offer on a house and it was accepted. We close in less than a month. That's going to be another pile of debt!
Just throw whatever you can extra at it and get the total interest to not crazy numbers.

Reactions: Maria Tortilla

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score

No one will give me a "free" $2,000.

I accumulated tens of thousands of dollars in medical debt in my 20s because I kept getting sick/needing surgeries when I was uninsured, so I just kinda got used to always living without having a credit card or anything. I only finally got around to getting one recently. So nope, no debt.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
I'm credit card debt free as anything I put on a credit card I have control over (and if i don't have cash in my account to pay for it, I don't buy it with my credit card). The credit card bill comes, I pay it in full as I have the cash to do so.

Rent and bills and business taxes are paid in check because I refuse to pay 3% "convenience fees" to use my credit card on those.

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
No one will give me a "free" $2,000.

I accumulated tens of thousands of dollars in medical debt in my 20s because I kept getting sick/needing surgeries when I was uninsured, so I just kinda got used to always living without having a credit card or anything. I only finally got around to getting one recently. So nope, no debt.

I used mine during college when financial aid ran out. ended up maxing out my 2000 dollar credit card. Then 2 years ago (When I moved into my new apartment), Visa randomly added an extra 4,000 dollars to my maxed out account and I went fucking insane. speaker system, restaurants, movies, smart tvs, dumb tvs, air force 1s, 2s, 3s, etc. lol

I still have good credit since I make payments every month, but yeah... that shit got to me

It's Gamera!

Flippant Amniote
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
i guess. I've always imagined that people were BROUGHT to mturk based on them ruining their credit/financial life and needing a way to make more money lol
Perhaps initially. But having no debt and being in a sense masterless is pretty liberating if you've spent a decade in an office with people whose light at the end of the tunnel is either severance or pension, punctuated by the free bagels thrown back at you after a VIP conference meeting.

And being simply poor as shit is a lot different than being poor as shit and skull-humped by debt.

KittyTacos

Reaction score
I'm credit card debt free as anything I put on a credit card I have control over (and if i don't have cash in my account to pay for it, I don't buy it with my credit card). The credit card bill comes, I pay it in full as I have the cash to do so.

Rent and bills and business taxes are paid in check because I refuse to pay 3% "convenience fees" to use my credit card on those.

Amen to this.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Perhaps initially. But having no debt and being in a sense masterless is pretty liberating if you've spent a decade in an office with people whose light at the end of the tunnel is either severance or pension, punctuated by the free bagels thrown back at you after a VIP conference meeting.

And being simply poor as shit is a lot different than being poor as shit and skull-humped by debt.
idk, I could really use some free bagels rn.

Aesric

Reaction score
I'm debt free thanks to bankruptcy after a financially abusive marriage ended. I had an affluent ex, I stayed home and raised the baby, and got $75/month. I made some stupid choices with credit cards to try and be happy. That's how I found mturk. It's a long, sad story, but I learned a lot about money.

Status
Not open for further replies.