05/05 - Pink Floyd Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
lol...yeah! That's exactly what I was thinking. I thought maybe I missed it somewhere so I checked all around a few times,, but still didn't see a score.
Haha yeah and loved the email that told me absolutely nothing lol

Reactions: SAJ

Michele

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Okay, I wrote her and she's just written back...
Haha yeah and loved the email that told me absolutely nothing lol

lolkatB

Contributor
Reaction score
Did anyone else do the little Cornell LIC qualification hit yesterday?
failed it

ETA: I assume as it says I can take the next one when it's up, that I failed it.

Last edited:

Michele

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Sorry, well, I did too. It's weird, she said I got 7/7 but that I was also supposed to report something about the sentences which I completely didn't catch. We'll get it the next time, eh? :highfive:
failed it

ETA: I assume as it says I can take the next one when it's up, that I failed it.

Reactions: GTR

GTR

Reaction score
Cornell LIC
10:25 PM (30 minutes ago)

to Rod Rockhard

Message from Cornell LIC
---------------------------------

Hi, You Beast

Thank you for taking the validation test. We modified some of the sentences ans the instructions based on feedback and we will release a new batch of test soon. Please take a closer look at the last question especially.
One thing to keep in mind is that in the last version, almost all the images and sentences are from our real task and the sentences are written by your fellow Turkers.

I won't b able to give individual feedback but here are some overall statistics:
The median score is 5.45/7. [Distribution: https://ibb.co/eOr0ZS]
Also, most of you either did not report all the bad sentences or have reported acceptable sentences.

Best,
Stephanie Zhou

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
Cornell LIC
10:25 PM (30 minutes ago)

to Rod Rockhard

Message from Cornell LIC
---------------------------------

Hi, You Beast

Thank you for taking the validation test. We modified some of the sentences ans the instructions based on feedback and we will release a new batch of test soon. Please take a closer look at the last question especially.
One thing to keep in mind is that in the last version, almost all the images and sentences are from our real task and the sentences are written by your fellow Turkers.

I won't b able to give individual feedback but here are some overall statistics:
The median score is 5.45/7. [Distribution: https://ibb.co/eOr0ZS]
Also, most of you either did not report all the bad sentences or have reported acceptable sentences.

Best,
Stephanie Zhou
I was torn on last one, so we shall see.

lolkatB

Contributor
Reaction score
did it today. Failed first ones 3 times. Told me I had 1 wrong on them but that meant nothing without insight.
I'm just assuming ths task isn;t for me. Like some can't wrap their heads round Rowan Zellers this week, I can't understand the Cornell thingies. No Biggie

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm just assuming ths task isn;t for me. Like some can't wrap their heads round Rowan Zellers this week, I can't understand the Cornell thingies. No Biggie
this one seemed simpler than the first ones, maybe the issue is in the instructions if so many have problems. Also, wanting 100% with 0 feedback is a stretch.

SAJ

Friendly Muppet
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Honestly with this one I think it is more they don't understand their hits than it is us.

Reactions: sudilly

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
Honestly with this one I think it is more they don't understand their hits than it is us.
That, and I mean, telling people "hey you missed 1 is great", but then they just take the qual over and over changing 1 hit til it is right. That does nothing to help understand the hit, don't you want people to understand where they went wrong so they can perform them correctly.

Reactions: Michele and SAJ

SAJ

Friendly Muppet
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
That, and I mean, telling people "hey you missed 1 is great", but then they just take the qual over and over changing 1 hit til it is right. That does nothing to help understand the hit, don't you want people to understand where they went wrong so they can perform them correctly.
Yeah without saying too much and crossing lines.... I forgot who it was and would have returned the hit had I realized it was the req from over at TN.......

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah without saying too much and crossing lines.... I forgot who it was and would have returned the hit had I realized it was the req from over at TN.......
TN?

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
toronto really does draw up stupid playcalls

jabronis

Achilles2357

Reaction score
I just looked her up, and she is an undergrad. That explains a lot. I don't think she is writing the hits very well. I think she knows what she is looking for but is not conveying it well, and perhaps is not grasping how workers will respond. I failed two of the prior quals for reasons I don't grasp. For all I know the coding might be wrong. She seems to mean well though, so if anyone has good advice for her, give it.

Reactions: GTR and DareAngel3

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I think they're learning as they go. As a teacher, I understand sometimes it's hard to project what you're thinking/looking for and have it come off as clearly as you intend it :wink: They're pretty responsive with feedback and questions, and they will send out bulk emails to clarify anything that's become a common question before they drop a batch. I think I got four emails before this round of validations. I've done a couple thousand HITs for them now.

SAJ

Friendly Muppet
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
I think they're learning as they go. As a teacher, I understand sometimes it's hard to project what you're thinking/looking for and have it come off as clearly as you intend it :wink: They're pretty responsive with feedback and questions, and they will send out bulk emails to clarify anything that's become a common question before they drop a batch. I think I got four emails before this round of validations. I've done a couple thousand HITs for them now.
So yeah exactly how i just said in my reply lol

Status
Not open for further replies.