Contributor
Reaction score
I think why we do it is because for whatever reason we want to be free

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I think they're learning as they go. As a teacher, I understand sometimes it's hard to project what you're thinking/looking for and have it come off as clearly as you intend it :wink: They're pretty responsive with feedback and questions, and they will send out bulk emails to clarify anything that's become a common question before they drop a batch. I think I got four emails before this round of validations. I've done a couple thousand HITs for them now.
I also think they get so much easier after you've done hundreds of them :wacky: like any batch, probably. Just glancing at the test, it looks like she tried to make things a lot more obvious/simplified. I kind of wish she'd quit posting them and making it easier... they've been my nice relaxing money this week. Apparently I'm not getting them done quick enough for her, lol. :bolt:

Reactions: Michele

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
She was pretty helpful when I emailed her. I mean, I felt like I understood what she wanted after.
She is live on TH right now if anyone has something to ask her

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
I just looked her up, and she is an undergrad. That explains a lot. I don't think she is writing the hits very well. I think she knows what she is looking for but is not conveying it well, and perhaps is not grasping how workers will respond. I failed two of the prior quals for reasons I don't grasp. For all I know the coding might be wrong. She seems to mean well though, so if anyone has good advice for her, give it.
I don't have results from this qual yet, only took it in the last hour. I tried to communicate the first go around, and like I said before, I could only narrow down that I was getting 1 wrong. So I gave up after 3rd atttempt. I don't want to do a hit I don't really grasp. I don't think it is intentional, but maybe several different tests with feedback would get better results. I figured if I fail this one, I'll give that advice.

Reactions: GTR

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
I also think they get so much easier after you've done hundreds of them :wacky: like any batch, probably. Just glancing at the test, it looks like she tried to make things a lot more obvious/simplified. I kind of wish she'd quit posting them and making it easier... they've been my nice relaxing money this week. Apparently I'm not getting them done quick enough for her, lol. :bolt:
Aren't these a different set. The first ones being writing a sentence about the pair and these are checking the sentences.

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Aren't these a different set. The first ones being writing a sentence about the pair and these are checking the sentences.
Yeah, they're different batches and different quals, I believe. I have both. They had the writing ones up for a few weeks, and they've had probably 20k of the validations up so far in the past few days.

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, they're different batches and different quals, I believe. I have both. They had the writing ones up for a few weeks, and they've had probably 20k of the validations up so far in the past few days.
Well, if the pass rate stays the same as the last you should probably be safe.

Reactions: DareAngel3

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
For the people having issues, did you do the writing HITs, too? Maybe that's a leg up with the whole reverse-thinking thing.

Reactions: Michele

Bolbor

zug zug
Reaction score
I'm convinced that I'll never pass any of these Cornell quals, tho I did realize a fuck up I made last time. That last question is awfully stupid to put on a qual and expect a certain answer, regardless of the answer, especially when you clarify that some questions are sorta ambiguous and to answer the way you feel.

Last edited:

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I'm remembering the Dominion and their hatred of "solids." Except, apparently, the Jem'Hadar. WTF.

aveline @aveline

Reactions: aveline

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
d-backs just walked off on the astros

C to the J @C to the J

they have a good team in arizona :(

Reactions: C to the J