04/29 - Shadows of a Setting Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SarahAshlee90

Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Okay thank you! :D
Qualtrics can see the exact millisecond you answer a question and they can also see when you advance the page. Mturk can see the exact millisecond you open the hit and submit the hit. All that info is available to the requester, if they choose to look at it.

InfiniteChanges

Hiding In Your Ceiling
Contributor
Reaction score
Qualtrics can see the exact millisecond you answer a question and they can also see when you advance the page. Mturk can see the exact millisecond you open the hit and submit the hit. All that info is available to the requester, if they choose to look at it.
The long and short of it is, requesters don't understand how fast real turkers can be. They expect everyone to plod through like they were an underpayed grad student. So, just do it as fast as you want because cooking HITs does nothing if they want to ding you for speeding through.

I've had a rejection that pointed out that I did the survey in 3 minutes, and then let it sit on the last page for 15 minutes, so they do look at when you are completing pages.

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
The long and short of it is, requesters don't understand how fast real turkers can be. They expect everyone to plod through like they were an underpayed grad student. So, just do it as fast as you want because cooking HITs does nothing if they want to ding you for speeding through.

I've had a rejection that pointed out that I did the survey in 3 minutes, and then let it sit on the last page for 15 minutes, so they do look at when you are completing pages.

Thank you for the info!

A6_Foul_Out

I only use Organic TurkerView reviews
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
that pointed out that I did the survey in 3 minutes, and then let it sit on the last page for 15 minutes,
Block list that requester lmfao

CrazyCatLady @CrazyCatLady

You only cook surveys where you have an explicit report of people getting rejections for going too quickly.

or it's like 10$ and 2 minutes long on a two hour timer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vanyanka

InfiniteChanges

Hiding In Your Ceiling
Contributor
Reaction score

You only cook surveys where you have an explicit report of people getting rejections for going too quickly.

Didn't need to. Wrote back basically going, look at my data, is it complete and accurate, if so don't ding me for not being a simpleton that doesn't know how to read (I used nicer words) and they reversed it.

BootnyleeFarnsworth

Reaction score
So, my daughter is still angry about the teen sleep over in the hotel which, as it turns out, is in another state (close by, but still over an hour away). I don't know the parents who are hosting. Nor do I know that a parent will be there. In fact, since we moved not too long ago - I don't know a single parent or teen that is going......

She keeps telling me that everyone does this. (and I just to know.....why??:arghh:)
This is how Taken starts out. What are your skills?

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
Approvals and payments that occurred this week:
- Number of HITs approved: 415
- Number of HITs rejected: 0
- Bonus reward earned: $10.85
- HIT reward earned: $80.75
- Total Amount earned this week: $91.60

ALinAL

Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

The following is a summary of activity for your Mechanical Turk account for the week ending Apr 28, 2018.

Your HIT activity for this week:
- Number of HITs submitted: 916

- Number of HITs approved: 952
- Bonus reward earned: $21.30
- HIT reward earned: $277.19
- Total Amount earned this week: $298.49

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

I've never been sure that cooking a survey actually helps.

Reactions: A6_Foul_Out and jan

Persephone78

Drive By Turker
Contributor
Reaction score
Soo, is me having Masters why I can't do this one? :LOL:

Or just the fact that I've done this. Jeeze, you'd think I'd be able to read by this time of day. :bucktooth:

Title: Decisions made in New Situations(~ 15 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Asha Ganesan [A3MHDQ0V61ODK2] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay: 4.33] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 3] [ToS: 0]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: $1.25
Duration: 40 minutes
Available: 8
Description: You must be able to understand English to participate. You will be asked to read and respond to questions about new situations. The entire HIT should take approximately 15 minutes.
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [84943-84354] DoesNotExist; Masters Exists; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 97; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.2.3
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Last edited:
Reactions: Azazael

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
So, my daughter is still angry about the teen sleep over in the hotel which, as it turns out, is in another state (close by, but still over an hour away). I don't know the parents who are hosting. Nor do I know that a parent will be there. In fact, since we moved not too long ago - I don't know a single parent or teen that is going......

She keeps telling me that everyone does this. (and I just to know.....why??:arghh:)
Go with her!! Just stay in another room. You can have a get away too!
As a former child (recovering), I sense fires and many inappropriate things in this event.
Also general vandalism, and possibly deep emotional scarring.

Maybe that's just me, though.
As someone who participated in at least three of these during my teenage years... I thought they were normal, too. But there was definitely some sneaking out of the room to play hide and seek or breaking into the arcade to play unlimited games, and I was great kid that was scared of rule-breaking... so, I would definitely be leery of new kids, new parents, and the distance! Perhaps ask to meet/speak to the parent? Is it co-ed?
I wouldn't have been mortified if my Mom had a separate room, personally... in fact, in at least one of the parties, I would have welcomed a chance for a real bed to sleep in instead of the floor, or somewhere to go when they started watching chick-flicks. Maybe toss the idea to her like it's for her sake... a back-up plan in case it's not as fun as she thought?

Persephone78

Drive By Turker
Contributor
Reaction score
I wouldn't either. And "Everyone does it" is something I hear way too many times from the Monster every time I say "no you can't do that."
I dislike the 'everyone does it' mentality.
Like, everyone was getting credit cards and racking up huge debts before 2008, that doesn't make it okay to do.
Or, everyone was convinced the Earth was flat millions of years ago, and my favorite, everyone was convinced tomatoes were poison until someone ate one and didn't get sick.

Confusion is always a winner here.

rsclone

This is my partner Fellatio Del Toro
Banned
Reaction score
trying to get going this morning be like....need a couple Reason Project HITs to drop before this food truck event this afternoon...

Empress328

Semi Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey not bad for me!

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

The following is a summary of activity for your Mechanical Turk account for the week ending Apr 28, 2018.

Your HIT activity for this week:
- Number of HITs submitted: 221

- Number of HITs approved: 207
- Bonus reward earned: $15.28
- HIT reward earned: $57.92
- Total Amount earned this week: $73.20

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
- Number of HITs approved: 4,818
- Bonus reward earned: $12.01
- HIT reward earned: $431.50
- Total Amount earned this week: $443.51

Made flipping money on Ebay late in the week and got lazy on Mturk.
Hoping for a batch today to get this week started off right tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.