04/23 - Tatting Tuesday!

Will you see Avengers Endgame this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LumosDC

Reaction score
I'm confused about the "[object X and Y] Which is more plausible? (binary choice question)" HIT's and would appreciate some help figuring out to do them.

When I select the box saying the first question is equally plausible because the sentence is short and doesn't have context, but select one of the two options for question 2 (i.e. wax or razor), it says I haven't answered the questions. I read the examples of how to do the hit and example #1 is what I'm referring to and can't submit the hit as I haven't answered the questions.

Reactions: LucyO

anyporpoise

Reaction score
Okay, I give, how do you insert the GIF's? I've tried all morning and can't do it. Ugggg. :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Reactions: aveline

Minx2121

Reaction score
Title: Information and news system in the US | PANDA
Requester: ConsRisk [AX0J2WZXZOV7D] (Req TV): $-/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
Give us your opinion about the ways in which people acquire information on- and off-line
Time: 10 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.65
Qualifications: Gender - Female EqualTo 1; Location EqualTo US;

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Okay, I give, how do you insert the GIF's? I've tried all morning and can't do it. Ugggg. :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:
It's this little image icon in the editor (and to the right of that is where you would click to add a video.)

Reactions: anyporpoise

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Title: Demographics survey | Accept
Requester: Panos Ipeirotis [A3DL93QTPE513P] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$[color=Steelblue]22.38[/color]] [Pay=[color=Steelblue]Generous[/color]] [Approval=[color=Steelblue]~24 hrs[/color]] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=[color=Steelblue]0[/color]] [Blk=[color=Steelblue]0[/color]]
TO: [Pay=[color=Steelblue]4.42[/color]] [Fast=[color=Steelblue]4.68[/color]] [Comm=[color=Steelblue]5.00[/color]] [Fair=[color=Steelblue]4.92[/color]] [Reviews=64] [ToS=[color=Mediumorchid]1[/color]]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.10
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Demographics survey
Qualifications: None
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.9
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Minx2121

Reaction score
I am realizing that the longer I work on mturk the pickier I get about the Hits I'll do...I use to just grab whatever, underpaid or not and when I would see someone else post that a Hit is underpaid or something I would think, oh well, I need as much as I can get....but I think I am coming around that learning curve a bit more lol

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
I'm confused about the "[object X and Y] Which is more plausible? (binary choice question)" HIT's and would appreciate some help figuring out to do them.

When I select the box saying the first question is equally plausible because the sentence is short and doesn't have context, but select one of the two options for question 2 (i.e. wax or razor), it says I haven't answered the questions. I read the examples of how to do the hit and example #1 is what I'm referring to and can't submit the hit as I haven't answered the questions.
Which hits are you talking about?

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
I am realizing that the longer I work on mturk the pickier I get about the Hits I'll do...I use to just grab whatever, underpaid or not and when I would see someone else post that a Hit is underpaid or something I would think, oh well, I need as much as I can get....but I think I am coming around that learning curve a bit more lol
This has happened to me too. I've had to become a lot pickier than I used to be just to keep myself from burning out. There's no way I could still be turking if I tried to maintain that "work on anything that comes my way" attitude that I had when I was new. Learning to work efficiently so you can make more with less effort helps a lot. I don't think it's uncommon for people to just start refusing anything under a certain hourly after they've been here long enough to really figure out what they're doing.

sarcasta

sleepy kitshark
Reaction score
This has happened to me too. I've had to become a lot pickier than I used to be just to keep myself from burning out. There's no way I could still be turking if I tried to maintain that "work on anything that comes my way" attitude that I had when I was new. Learning to work efficiently so you can make more with less effort helps a lot. I don't think it's uncommon for people to just start refusing anything under a certain hourly after they've been here long enough to really figure out what they're doing.
I also think if req's see that people won't do the underpaid work, then MAYBE they will pay us just a little more.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
I also think if req's see that people won't do the underpaid work, then MAYBE they will pay us just a little more.
Also, when people do the underpaid work, they often cut a lot of corners to try to make it more worth their time, which leads to the requesters getting really terrible data. I think some requesters realize this and will pay a little more so people can take their time, but it seems like most either don't realize it or they just don't care.

Aesric

Reaction score

Even when they are both plausible, in either question, you still have to select one of the options AND check the box. And in the case of the most recent HITs, you really only need to UNcheck the first box in the rare case one of them IS more plausible.

Reactions: Trucker and aveline

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
For me it depends on the day, trying to make 50 on slow days is tough..however I have things I won't do, I won't do a 35 minute survey with a bunch of writing prompts for 2 dollars.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Even when they are both plausible, in either question, you still have to select one of the options AND check the box. And in the case of the most recent HITs, you really only need to UNcheck the first box in the rare case one of them IS more plausible.
Welcome! :wave2:

Reactions: Aesric

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Title: Short survey on consumer topics (4/15/19 - A) (YOU MAY ONLY COMPLETE 1 HIT IN THIS GROUP | Accept
Requester: GeorgetownMSBResearch [A1VSOQ6MXD1E1J] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$[color=Mediumslateblue]10.66[/color]] [Pay=[color=Mediumpurple]Fair[/color]] [Approval=[color=Steelblue]~24 hrs[/color]] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=[color=Steelblue]0[/color]] [Blk=[color=Steelblue]0[/color]]
TO: [Pay=[color=Mediumpurple]2.83[/color]] [Fast=[color=Steelblue]4.55[/color]] [Comm=[color=Mediumslateblue]3.97[/color]] [Fair=[color=Steelblue]4.59[/color]] [Reviews=348] [ToS=[color=Mediumorchid]1[/color]]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 30:00
Available: 67
Description: Short survey 5-10 min (YOU MAY ONLY COMPLETE 1 HIT IN THIS GROUP)
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.9
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

sarcasta

sleepy kitshark
Reaction score
For me it depends on the day, trying to make 50 on slow days is tough..however I have things I won't do, I won't do a 35 minute survey with a bunch of writing prompts for 2 dollars.
I just figure there are plenty of things I can do around the house that need to be done so that my time at the computer is worth it (a little more, anyway). I have a house to keep up and a toddler to take care of, but it may be different if this were my family's only source of income. Some days, I don't even make $10- because I'm busy or because there is nothing out there worth it, or I just have things to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.