04/21 - The Trooper Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I put my checking account info in the IRS site last week so I could get a direct deposit, but now the site is telling me they're mailing me a paper check on the 24th as well. Apparently they're confused by their own system.
at least I don't have to wait until May or something, so I'll take it lol

Reactions: XWarrior

Srndpty

Contributor
Reaction score
I just checked it on the IRS site (I tried when it was first released and it didn't work). It says I'l be getting a check on the 24th. I don't understand why, because on H&R Block's site it says if you had their emerald card it would be direct deposited. Who knows.
The deposit's can't be made to Emerald cards because they are "temporary" accounts that H&R and other advance refund tax companies use to accept your refund, take their cut, disperse funds to you and close. They are not real bank accounts to deposit the funds into.

Reactions: HelloHello

LumosDC

Reaction score
Title: What is the relation between the two sentences? | Accept
Requester: NYU Bowman Group [A5X6BUB150HZD] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$23.67] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.75
Duration: 5:00:00
Available: 86
Description: Given two English sentences, determine the relation between them.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 5000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99

Srndpty

Contributor
Reaction score
The deposit's can't be made to Emerald cards because they are "temporary" accounts that H&R and other advance refund tax companies use to accept your refund, take their cut, disperse funds to you and close. They are not real bank accounts to deposit the funds into.
Update to this, as in everything these days changes day by day, it does look like H&R Block has figured out how to make it happen.
https://www.hrblock.com/tax-center/filing/credits/stimulus-payment-information/

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
then I don't understand why they put that on their website. that's dumb.

Turtlefemm

Mostly a Turtle
Contributor
Mentor
Reaction score
I still can't get anything more than the same "can't determine eligibility" error message.
Same... and I was thrilled when the IRS automatically deducted the monthly tax payment (from what I owe from last year) yesterday after I tried like 10 times to get their form filled out online to at least lower the amount for now and got technical errors at the end of the process every single time. Calling is useless as most of us know.. I got a message about reduced staff and told that no phone calls will be answered. I'm just pretending I'll never get the stimulus and trying not to let anxiety rule my life.

LumosDC

Reaction score
Title: Work Lives Study 4-20-2020(~ 4 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Minerva staff [A2SHRXP19QMCXD] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$18.35] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=0.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.40
Duration: 40:00
Available: 1
Description: The purpose of this study is to understand people’s experiences in their organizations as well as work lives.
Qualifications: Exc: [-236084370-212801] DoesNotExist ; Location In US

LumosDC

Reaction score
Title: Chat briefly with a conversational partner—up to $7.50 total including bonuses! | Accept
Requester: Cornell Researcher [A1ZDO9K0RM16QH] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$41.43] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=2] [ToS=0]
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: We are researching how people experience social connection when messaging anonymously
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US

Dottie

Reaction score
10 am ET HIT - $10.00 Study Involving Answering Trivia Questions(~ 90 minutes)

Best hit I've done in a long long time... had a blast doing trivia with some random person. We did really good probably made a 10$ bonus on top of it. Took 60 mins for 20$ or so and didn't feel like work.

Look for the qualification if it posts!

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Same... and I was thrilled when the IRS automatically deducted the monthly tax payment (from what I owe from last year) yesterday after I tried like 10 times to get their form filled out online to at least lower the amount for now and got technical errors at the end of the process every single time. Calling is useless as most of us know.. I got a message about reduced staff and told that no phone calls will be answered. I'm just pretending I'll never get the stimulus and trying not to let anxiety rule my life.
you could work on your sig to distract yourself

XWarrior

Reaction score
I still can't get anything more than the same "can't determine eligibility" error message.
Anyone that gets VA or SSA related and certain 1099 payments and/or was required to file and did not or did not file and they do not have updated information (bank account) will get a paper check. If any of the gov agencies like ssa/va the IRS is coordinating with them for payment info if that fails they run it twice and go to paper check. The system updates twice a day though, for some children and others, the IRS will not know about them unless in the last few years they filed their own return or were included in a tax return that had payment information in the last two years, and some of that might be tied to SSA so the systems have to catch up and people have to report things to the IRS. The only people not getting it are those that owe past due child support for the most part. Sad that paper checks might take months for some though, they are going by income levels and mailing out a certain amount weekly.

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score
Title: Coping with COVID-19(~ 23 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Tara Gruenewald [A1SZDVDJ5OI9Z3] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$21.45] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
Reward: 2.00
Duration: 45:00
Available: 0
Description: This is a 3-part survey that assesses how you are coping with the COVID-19 pandemic.
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

Reactions: XWarrior

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
Just for the record, if you need to call the Social Security Administration for any reason, do it. A week ago II got an SS payment to my bank but didn't know why or what it was for. So I called them. I was on hold for 2.5 hours and just stuck with it 'cause I needed an answer. Got an answer and the gal with whom I spoke was a great CS person and MOST helpful.

Luck to ya'll today!!!!!!!!!

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score
Title: Work experiences during COVID-19(~ 4 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Anders Friis Marstand [AT1H55WLLF3QX] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$14.44] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.00] [Fast=3.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=2] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.60
Duration: 45:00
Available: 20
Description: Survey - A study of work experiences during COVID-19
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Total approved HITs LessThanOrEqualTo 50000; Exc: [6822614-213011] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 97; Location In US

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score
Title: [To be filled out on a desktop or laptop] Language and opinions survey. 50 cents for 5 min. (~ 5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: RBC Behavioral Research Lab [A3PZOHOTANLBYJ] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$12.20] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.50] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=3] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 30:00
Available: 40
Description: This is a study about language and opinions. Only people who fill in the survey on desktop or laptop are eligible to participate in this survey. The study will take about 5 minutes to complete. You will be paid $ .50 for completing the study. Upon completing the survey, you will receive a code.
Qualifications: Exc: [213597-213008] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
random tidbit because I have no one else to tell and I'm excited: almost all of my stimulus check is going to a car but I'm letting myself get a vertical labret piercing and I'm PUMPED

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.