04/16 - Sane in the Membrane Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desertdarlene

Baby Shorebird and Duckling Protector
Reaction score
Good morning. I have some non-hit related situations happen today.

Walked out into our courtyard and saw a crow acting suspiciously. It was the same crow that I saw with a half-grown baby dove yesterday. We had two baby hummingbirds in our yard that were about ten days old. After the crow had left the area, I checked on them and they were fine, but hunkered down in the nest. I come back a few hours later and they're both gone and the mom is looking all over and calling for them.

I was also at the lake and saw a dead female mallard that had been mated to death. She was as flat as a pancake when I found her. Then, I saw about a dozen ducklings nearby all by themselves, but they were terrified of me. I thought I had an orphan duckling situation, but couldn't catch them. A female gadwall began looking after them and watching out for predators, including a sharp-shin and I think a merilin. Later, I saw the ducklings in the middle of the lake between the female gadwall and a mallard female getting ganged up on by six males. The gadwall and the mallard flew away and the ducklings were alone. However, I saw the ducklings being led around by the mallard female a half hour later.

I hate duck breeding season. Ugh.

Last edited:
Reactions: corvid and Kerek

Desertdarlene

Reaction score

Desertdarlene

Reaction score
Usually I'm writing articles on Saturdays, but there's nothing this week while they think of more mindless topics for us. :biblethump:
That's what I do on my Saturdays off because some sites I work for have almost no work to do on weekends.

SpookyMyers

"Enjoy the time you have in the meat puppet."
Contributor
Reaction score
Good morning. I have some non-hit related situations happen today.

Walked out into our courtyard and saw a crow acting suspiciously. It was the same crow that I saw with a half-grown baby dove yesterday. We had two baby hummingbirds in our yard that were about ten days old. After the crow had left the area, I checked on them and they were fine, but hunkered down in the nest. I come back a few hours later and they're both gone and the mom is looking all over and calling for them.

I was also at the lake and saw a dead female mallard that had been mated to death. She was as flat as a pancake when I found her. Then, I saw about a dozen ducklings nearby all by themselves, but they were terrified of me. I thought I had an orphan duckling situation, but couldn't catch them. A female gadwall began looking after them and watching out for predators, including a sharp-shin and I think a merilin. Later, I saw the ducklings in the middle of the lake between the female gadwall and a mallard female getting ganged up on by six males. The gadwall and the mallard flew away and the ducklings were alone. However, I saw the ducklings being led around by the mallard female a half hour later.

I hate duck breeding season. Ugh.
I didn't know ducks were so brutal. I'm not as avid a birder but I do love watching them. This time of year is rough. It was always our busiest time of year when I did raptor rehab. So many orphaned or injured babies. Merlins are super cool, sometimes easy to mistake for a kestrel.

Reactions: Desertdarlene

SpookyMyers

Contributor
Reaction score
You've received a bonus from Christine Exley for work related to 37NXA7GVSS5AYYKIANI0FNU7AT7VLH.
The value of your bonus is: $1.00 USD

You've received a bonus from Kouchaki Lab for work related to 3WGCNLZJKF5L4BIQLGMC3M35KTHD1W.
The value of your bonus is: $0.90 USD

Reactions: <Gucci>

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Aw crud, I missed C-sats? I had delicious pancakes at least.

SpookyMyers

Contributor
Reaction score
"I had 2 Foster Farm corn dogs and chased them with a diet mountain dew." oh, I mean "I had a salad and 2 liters of water."
Title: Food Diary | PANDA
Requester: SLS-6 [A3LBCE3RW2MFUK] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 3.00 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 3.10 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.33 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 3.25 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 10
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: Describe two meals and find matching foods in a table.
Time: 30 minutes
Hits Available: 495
Reward: $0.10
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 80, Location is US

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I need to make at least $600 by next friday. Just want to push myself. teach me how to turk lobo925 @lobo925 and C to the J @C to the J
If absolutely need it, you can do it.
Start early, stay late.
Cut out TV and video games.
Just work on everything available to you.

Reactions: Kerek and Peachy

jan

Reaction score
Title: Apache Kafka users, write a description of how you use Kafka today | PANDA
Requester: Survey Pocket Money [A1NR1HJ3YRXHTX] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 4.14 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.35 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.82 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.86 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 114
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: If you use Apache Kafka, please write a short use case and answer some additional questions
Time: 2 hours
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $0.99
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95, Total approved HITs is greater than 50, Location is US

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
If absolutely need it, you can do it.
Start early, stay late.
Cut out TV and video games.
Just work on everything available to you.
I've been getting better about this rather than returning so many hits. I also cut spending on certain things. Total earnings for the year so far is already close to what I made last year and I managed to save enough to pay my taxes in full. I thought I'd have to go with a payment plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.