04/16 - Sane in the Membrane Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cassius

Reaction score
We do too and owe like $800 this year. We're just gonna roll it into what we already owe. And I told my husband to start having $25 withheld each check. He has the least amount of taxes that can be withheld because "screw them, they're not getting my money and making interest on it and then giving it back to me at the end of the year like they're doing me a favor." :sigh
There not making interest on it. Interest is about to go negative meaning it will cost us to save money in a financial institution, like it doesn't already.

SpookyMyers

"Enjoy the time you have in the meat puppet."
Contributor
Reaction score
I was told that you can't owe for the next year and continue to pay on a previous installment plan. That it voids the agreement because you're suppose to pay quarterly? I don't know. Taxes suck.
Who told you that? If you call the IRS directly (I wouldn't wait for a nastygram, though we have before) they should be able to work it out for you pretty easy.

SpookyMyers

Contributor
Reaction score
There not making interest on it. Interest is about to go negative meaning it will cost us to save money in a financial institution, like it doesn't already.
He's just... there will never be any changing his mind. He's held this same stance for the 20 years I've known him. But he does need to have more withheld so we at least don't end up owing (we owed this year mainly due to the healthcare penalty, which we may be able to amend the return since we were only without for 1 month vs an entire year.)

MinkyMona

Spooky Turk Ghost
Reaction score
Who told you that? If you call the IRS directly (I wouldn't wait for a nastygram, though we have before) they should be able to work it out for you pretty easy.
An IRS agent. He told me that I have to keep my taxes paid and current for 2015 or my installment plan for 2014 would be cancelled. Maybe he didn't know WTF he was talking about. I'm going to call and ask when I make my payment next week because it didn't sound right to me either.

Wolfheart

Wobble-Wolf
Contributor
Reaction score
An IRS agent. He told me that I have to keep my taxes paid and current for 2015 or my installment plan for 2014 would be cancelled. Maybe he didn't know WTF he was talking about. I'm going to call and ask when I make my payment next week because it didn't sound right to me either.
Well think about it.. Their end goal is to get money. If you can't pay the money, they don't get money. If they pull payment plans, it means they have to send a collector and/or garnish your wages.. which they can't take more than a percentage of your total income per month.. which is a payment plan.

SpookyMyers

Contributor
Reaction score
Hmm. Yeah. What we owe is from several years ago that we didn't realize we owed so we got the letters and threat of seizure of assets. We've been working with the same person and she's always super helpful and nice. I dunno. Maybe I'll give her a call on Monday to double check. I don't deal with it much, he's been handling it all and that's probably not the best idea.

Kathryn

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Contributor
Reaction score
This is correct.
While this agreement is in effect, you must file all federal tax returns and pay any (federal) taxes you owe on time
We can terminate your installment agreement if: • You do not make monthly installment payments as agreed. You do not pay any other federal tax debt when due.

MinkyMona

Spooky Turk Ghost
Reaction score
Ugh. I hope that this is a by case situation because I certainly won't be able to pay them if I'm not on a payment plan. The BS of having to use Turk as a main source of income.

Kathryn

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Contributor
Reaction score
Re tax: It doesn't necessarily mean that they will revoke, just that they can per form 433. Perhaps agents have discretion.

edit: I hope Brady having the eye test again means he's giving out new quals. I liked those before.

Krikket

YouTube Connoisseur
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Pretend to be a chatbot, TickTock | PANDA
Requester: CMU_LTI [ACEN8I5XAJY9K] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 3.00][Fair: 5.00][Comm: 0.00][Fast: 5.00]
Description:
you will see a conversation of a chatbot and a human user, pretend that you are a chatbot, what would you say
Time: 60 minutes
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: Masters has been granted; HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 98; Total approved HITs is greater than 50; Location is US

D

Deleted member 481

Title: View a webpage screenshot for 7 seconds and give an opinion | PANDA
Requester: Steven M. Chafe [A3VG3HNVIK5QC1] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 5.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 5.00 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 19 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: A webpage screenshot will appear for 7 seconds, then an opinion about the website will be asked for
Time: 3 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.40
Qualifications: None
1 minute

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jayjay

MinkyMona

Spooky Turk Ghost
Reaction score
I've chatted with TickTock so many times. We are on a first name basis now.

SpookyMyers

Contributor
Reaction score
Are there even any mildly sucky batches right now? Like, the pay is crap but they're at least fun or mind numbingly easy? A9's would just make my day right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.