04/16 - Sane in the Membrane Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
It's almost 1:30 and I realized that I just spent the better part of an hour moderately drunkenly telling my husband all the specs and ideas for the desk I want him to build me and how I want to start a goat breeding operation and he didn't take a single note. At the end of the conversation, he said "those are great ideas! Text that to me..." :kick:
I personally love the feel of aged Ikea particle wood. When you drop some water on it and starts bubbling after it's dry, you know you've got something special.

lobo925

CEO of Pizza
Contributor
Reaction score
I made the mistake of eating a banana without an exit strategy in place.

Reactions: SpookyMyers

Pleco

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I'm making hot dogs stuffed with cheddar cheese. I hope this experiment works, but if it doesn't, science will still have advanced forward.

SpookyMyers

"Enjoy the time you have in the meat puppet."
Contributor
Reaction score
I personally love the feel of aged Ikea particle wood. When you drop some water on it and starts bubbling after it's dry, you know you've got something special.
We're purists. I wish you could see my shitty house. One day it'll be a masterpiece. It was built by my uncle and it's like the bastard child of a farmhouse and a-frame log cabin. But it's needed many updates so is a work in progress. We've got these rustic brick floors in part of the house. 200 year old stained glass from a church they were tearing down in the county 50 years ago... It's a hot mess at the moment but it really is something. Someday when we have more time and more money... Plus the acreage and goat farming capabilities.

Last edited:

Pleco

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
We're purists. I wish you could see my shitty house. One day it'll be a masterpiece. It was built by my uncle and it's like the bastard child of a farmhouse and a-frame log cabin. But it's needed many updates so is a work in progress. We've got these rustic brick floors in part of the house. 200 year old stained glass from a church they were tearing down in the county 50 years ago... It's a hot mess at the moment but it really is something. Someday when we have more time and more money... Plus the acreage and goat farming capabilities.
I love, love old historical furnishings and homes. They've survived so much to me they've earned the right to keep existing, it's worth it restoring them or putting them to new uses. You can't just replicate that kind of history.

Reactions: SpookyMyers

Shannon

Reaction score
It's 2 year aged Cheddar, the cheese started melting down and it made a fucking mess on the grill and flames shot out everywhere. It turned out great.
My roommate does that and wraps it in bacon.

Reactions: Pleco

lobo925

CEO of Pizza
Contributor
Reaction score
My roommate does that and wraps it in bacon.
I melt chedder in bacon, then I melt I put it in a duck, then wrap the duck in bacon, then put that in a turkey, then wrap that in bacon and melt cheese around it, then I put that in turkey, then I wrap bacon and melt cheese around the whole thing

Then I put it all in an Ostrich, and wrap the ostrich in bacon and Monterrey jack cheddar, then deep fry it coated in Captain Crunch crumbs
Not bad

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
I think you shouldn't worry about this sort of thing very much if at all. Stop comparing yourself to other people. Except for the mom stuff, that's valid.
Aww thanks.'

funny. When it comes to the mom stuff I'm super confident. (Maybe I'm full of hubris or maybe it's cuz the older ones are doing great).

but I so gotta up my mturk game so the youngest can do great, too!

Reactions: Tuesday

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
I 3> Ikea.

Half my house is Ikea.

Reactions: Pleco
Status
Not open for further replies.