04/07 - Fantastic Dik-Diks on Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
I think it's way too little money for trauma (jmo). I've not had this experience - but I really question a survey model that asks people to recount difficult things for pennies. Online. I think it's questionable (ethically)
You would have loved a hit from a few years ago where we had to rate photos. Some people got to see cake, balloons, kittens. Others of us got to see murder scenes, and really horrible shit that I don't want to think about. It was brutal but it paid. I actually ended up with PTSD from it and had to go to therapy for a few months.

Reactions: jan and Kerek

Business Cat

Catipalist
Contributor
Reaction score
From a 2.50 survey yesterday that took no more than 10 minutes

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from The Choice Lab for work related to 335HHSX8CDFNJTCDESD44TCVVCZDHL.
The value of your bonus is: $1.88 USD

The Requester included this note:
You performed the picture categorization task. You invested 1.50 in the common pool and kept 0.00. The citizen chose to not punish your decision. You guessed correctly for 1.00 of the citizen's decisions. Your total bonus is 1.88. Thanks for your participation!

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

ItsAmyTee

Corgo
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
ItsAmyTee @ItsAmyTee How is your city doing? And your skylines? Are they also doing well? :wink:
Both my cities and my skylines are fair to middling. I keep abandoning them because I never have the patience to create an actually feasible strategy for managing traffic. Or everyone dies all at once and I end up with a traffic jam of hearses. Life in the city, man, I'm tellin' ya...

How's life on the farm? :)

DorthyZbornak

Golden
Contributor
Reaction score
Both my cities and my skylines are fair to middling. I keep abandoning them because I never have the patience to create an actually feasible strategy for managing traffic. Or everyone dies all at once and I end up with a traffic jam of hearses. Life in the city, man, I'm tellin' ya...

I always seemed to have a trash problem and could never keep good housing/employment ratios. Think I'll avoid a career as politician. Life on the "Facts of Life" farm is great. Tootie is married and has lots of animals, but is pretty busy because it's spring and you know, crops and things.

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Reactions: kryss

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Title: Short task on your Shopping Behavior (PC access only)(~ 4 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Daniel Tomas [A3FG8LTOAT4X9F] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 0.00 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 3.33 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 13
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: $0.40, easy, short shopping task
Time: 30 minutes
Hits Available: 39
Reward: $0.40
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 100; Exc: [38525174-39263] has not been granted; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95; Location is one of: US

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Morning all. Rough one but looks like it may pay well. screened out.
Title: Survey about the experiences of mothers or their partners who have experienced the miscarriage of a baby | PANDA
Requester: Kathryn Belicki [A2BPZZE9MSZ7WK] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.07 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 20
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)
Description: Complete a psychological survey on the behaviors, emotions, thoughts, social support, and dreams during sleep that are associated with miscarriage
Time: 2 hours
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $2.50
Qualifications: PetL has not been granted; MSP has not been granted; Prior Loss Participant has not been granted; PNTS has not been granted; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 98
painful if you qualify, but only took about 10 minutes.

Reactions: sofaslug and jan

MrTrentSD

Alive and Kicking
Contributor
Reaction score

Are you talking Cities: Skylines?? One of the few games I have. Haven't played in a while though.

ItsAmyTee

Corgo
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Are you talking Cities: Skylines?? One of the few games I have. Haven't played in a while though.
Yes! I'm slowly rejoining society after a week-long bender. Fun game, but I tend to wear out on it pretty quick :)

Reactions: Kerek

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Evaluation of Online Games | PANDA
Requester: CBUA Research Group [A2UG9Y99CJZMNQ] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 2.67] [Fair: 2.67] [Comm: 2.43] [Fast: 2.33]
Description:
The study is about understanding your preferences for online games
Time: 1 hour(s)
HITs Available: 2
Reward: $1.25
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US;

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

Yes it is, even though everyone thinks I'm wrong. >_<
Nutritional information is, in general, shitty. If you're not hungry in the morning there's no reason to force yourself to eat. If you are, and you skip the meal, that's different, but I think there's a significant portion of the population that isn't and could do well to skip it. Just have some coffee and go.

MrTrentSD

Alive and Kicking
Contributor
Reaction score
Yes! I'm slowly rejoining society after a week-long bender. Fun game, but I tend to wear out on it pretty quick :)
Me too, I don't have the addiction gene - so I move on from things. Kinda explains why I'm single....but I'm also not a chain smoking drunk either.:D

Reactions: jan and ItsAmyTee
Status
Not open for further replies.