04/04 - Topiary Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristina M Greer

Reaction score
Random rejections are sorta their M.O. Supposedly, they're often good about reversing them if you ask though.
Oh trust me first thing I did was msg them for a reversal.. Im so bored i was sitting here picking only the clear ones to do lol.. So i know its not wrong. I remember them rejecting some when I was new.. Prolly why i was hesitant on doing them in the first place.. Sigh..

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
Random rejections are sorta their M.O. Supposedly, they're often good about reversing them if you ask though.
I HATE p9r for this very thing. When I started I could do many, no rejects. Then I got like 7 and they would not reverse nor repsond to my message. Worst requester I have encountered.

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
Is the $16 Survey Comet really over an hour long?
It wasn't bad since they give you 4 hours to complete, and it seemed much the same as the $8 ones we did last time.

Reactions: HelloHello

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
That's actually an interesting thought. Maybe some people fudge their times because they don't want a big SLOWPOKE tag on their profile. Or maybe slower survey takers don't leave as many reviews because they don't want a SLOWPOKE tag next to their review.
AFAIK there are no internet points connected with being fast, but I guess that's a valid point. That's why I like being able to see the usernames so I can compare against users I trust/recognize. Very rarely have I had a time that's longer than what the average gives me, and I usually attribute that to different versions of a survey or something.

We're not talking about averages.

The quickest reviews either have issues with the timer or they are flat out scamming.
Often happens when there is only one review too.

I know for a fact after years of doing this that I'm at least in the top 10% of survey takers as far as speed goes so when someone is able to complete a HIT in twice or three times the speed I am then something fucky is going on.
I would assume that you'd be faster than the general population, too.

I thought people were complaining about the averages shown next to the HITs, when you only see one value. I assume that's the average, anyway? If you're looking at actual reviews on the website, it should be easy enough to see which users have crazy times and just discredit them to being aliens. I'd imagine it's the same people consistently.

I didn't mean to end up being a spokesperson, lol. I just know that I'm labeled as one of the crazy fast people and I don't scam. In fact, I've got two toddlers and a slew of animals constantly interrupting me. But I also don't generally review anything that's under $12/hour, so by default I'm probably artificially inflating the times because I don't review the slow stuff. :shrug:

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I HATE p9r for this very thing. When I started I could do many, no rejects. Then I got like 7 and they would not reverse nor repsond to my message. Worst requester I have encountered.
I got a response, and they bonused me some extra pennies for my trouble, but they "couldn't" reverse the rejections. :shifty:

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
I got a response, and they bonused me some extra pennies for my trouble, but they "couldn't" reverse the rejections. :shifty:
Oh see...that's wrong. Who wants pennies when rejections are at stake? I did have one requester do something similar for a survey.

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Oh see...that's wrong. Who wants pennies when rejections are at stake? I did have one requester do something similar for a survey.
It was ages ago. It's possible that they didn't have a clue how to do it. But obviously I'm still sour about it years later :ROFL:

HelloHello

Reaction score
It wasn't bad since they give you 4 hours to complete, and it seemed much the same as the $8 ones we did last time.
I think it was very similar to the $8 ones as well, in fact, it might have been a bit easier (but I won’t say that too loudly until I’m sure mine’s not rejected and I get the next one).

MeTurks

Professional Lurker
Contributor
Reaction score
The only rejections I have are from them. I did them for numbers when I was below 1000 but looking back I wish I hadn't. I was super careful, only selected the clear ones and still ended up with 7 they wouldn't reverse. They reversed some but not all.

Edit. I won't touch them now. Not worth having to worry about a rejection.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
AFAIK there are no internet points connected with being fast, but I guess that's a valid point. That's why I like being able to see the usernames so I can compare against users I trust/recognize. Very rarely have I had a time that's longer than what the average gives me, and I usually attribute that to different versions of a survey or something.

I would assume that you'd be faster than the general population, too.

I thought people were complaining about the averages shown next to the HITs, when you only see one value. I assume that's the average, anyway? If you're looking at actual reviews on the website, it should be easy enough to see which users have crazy times and just discredit them to being aliens. I'd imagine it's the same people consistently.

I didn't mean to end up being a spokesperson, lol. I just know that I'm labeled as one of the crazy fast people and I don't scam. In fact, I've got two toddlers and a slew of animals constantly interrupting me. But I also don't generally review anything that's under $12/hour, so by default I'm probably artificially inflating the times because I don't review the slow stuff. :shrug:
Nah we know you don't scam.
But I mean like ducky @ducky was saying the crazy, unreasonable times suck when it's the only review.
Had that happen on like 3 different $4-8 surveys in the last week or so.

Still though at the end of the day TV is 10x better than TO ever was.

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
I think it was very similar to the $8 ones as well, in fact, it might have been a bit easier (but I won’t say that too loudly until I’m sure mine’s not rejected and I get the next one).
Exactly! Always that fear, especially at $16.

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
The only rejections I have are from them. I did them for numbers when I was below 1000 but looking back I wish I hadn't. I was super careful, only selected the clear ones and still ended up with 7 they wouldn't reverse. They reversed some but not all.

Edit. I won't touch them now. Not worth having to worry about a rejection.
I think they are scam artists out for as many free pennies as they can gather.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Does anyone remember the requester that used to post HITs that would show pieces of mail and you would have to enter in the name of the sender? They used to post a lot when I first started turking and they had a reputation for being very bad about randomly rejecting. I think my first few rejections came from them as I was trying to build numbers. I can't remember their name, though.

MeTurks

Professional Lurker
Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone remember the requester that used to post HITs that would show pieces of mail and you would have to enter in the name of the sender? They used to post a lot when I first started turking and they had a reputation for being very bad about randomly rejecting. I think my first few rejections came from them as I was trying to build numbers. I can't remember their name, though.
Probably p8r...

Reactions: Kennedy and aveline
Status
Not open for further replies.