Not open for further replies.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Some TV reviews are getting to TO review levels of bad. The inaccurate complaints are good to scare people away, so good for me?
I feel like it's the reverse of TO sometimes.

Seeing more and more unrealistically fast survey times on TV recently, TO has been always been turtle slow

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
i'm slow as mud but some of those times are suspicious as hell

I know some are fast, but be real some are just too fast
I think the batch ratings tend to be more accurate than surveys in general, especially batches with shorter timers

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Maybe it's just that the fast people tend to review more? If you think the times are unreasonable, make sure to add yours to the pot and drag down the average :p

I personally like the feature that shows your time compared to others in your "bracket"... because I'm apparently faster than average and want to know other fast people's times and not the turtles. No offense Turtlefemm @Turtlefemm :love:

alk69

Reaction score
This is getting extreme, Geo. I'm being swarmed by brick kilns. Last image had two brick kilns in it and a huge pile of bricks...all clear as day. Now make the rest of them as clear, huh. Can't we just tag kilns? Since there don't seem to be that many electric thingies. At least there don't seem to be many. Who could tell? These images are too blurry and taken from outer space. Like from the space station.

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score
Maybe it's just that the fast people tend to review more? If you think the times are unreasonable, make sure to add yours to the pot and drag down the average :p

I personally like the feature that shows your time compared to others in your "bracket"... because I'm apparently faster than average and want to know other fast people's times and not the turtles. No offense Turtlefemm @Turtlefemm :love:
That's actually an interesting thought. Maybe some people fudge their times because they don't want a big SLOWPOKE tag on their profile. Or maybe slower survey takers don't leave as many reviews because they don't want a SLOWPOKE tag next to their review.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

We're not talking about averages.

The quickest reviews either have issues with the timer or they are flat out scamming.
Often happens when there is only one review too.

I know for a fact after years of doing this that I'm at least in the top 10% of survey takers as far as speed goes so when someone is able to complete a HIT in twice or three times the speed I am then something fucky is going on.

Turtlefemm

Mostly a Turtle
Contributor
Mentor
Reaction score

ducky

good brain, good life
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score

i don't know why some people experience it and others don't, i'm in the camp that does get it. it's pretty annoying when i'm trying to do the quicker surveys in my queue first, and then i come across a hit that has a fast review but in reality took me much longer than what they said

It's Gamera!

Flippant Amniote
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
We're not talking about averages.

The quickest reviews either have issues with the timer or they are flat out scamming.
Often happens when there is only one review too.

I know for a fact after years of doing this that I'm at least in the top 10% of survey takers as far as speed goes so when someone is able to complete a HIT in twice or three times the speed I am then something fucky is going on.
https://www.mturkcrowd.com/posts/1461539/

Kristina M Greer

Reaction score
uhg... was bored and doing a few P9R cuz I cant find anything to work on. And they freaking rejected one of my hits... grr i know i didnt mess up.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
uhg... was bored and doing a few P9R cuz I cant find anything to work on. And they freaking rejected one of my hits... grr i know i didnt mess up.
Random rejections are sorta their M.O. Supposedly, they're often good about reversing them if you ask though.

Status
Not open for further replies.