04/01 - Silly Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's Gamera!

Flippant Amniote
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
You need to go out and get you at least some Watch Dogs 2.
Nah fam. I find open world games to be pretty boring. Bethesda and Ubisoft turned a good idea into a lazy cash cow. Curious to see how the new Red Dead handles it tho.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Nah fam. I find open world games to be pretty boring. Bethesda and Ubisoft turned a good idea into a lazy cash cow. Curious to see how the new Red Dead handles it tho.
Yea new Red Dead should be good.

Just hope it keeps that MMO-lite Multiplayer they had for the first one.
That shit was amazing.

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Open world games :shifty:
I love running back and forth between the same locations over and over again as an alternative to a real narrative and content :shifty:

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
For me it depends on the year. My dad was a field nurse/OR nurse. He worked at the hospital and as a medic for Pan Am at the space center. Pre Lockerbee we were pretty well off, post lockerbee it was gov't cheese and peanut butter,lol.
"...gov't cheese and peanut butter." :(

Reactions: LittleDrummerBoy

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I love running back and forth between the same locations over and over again as an alternative to a real narrative and content :shifty:
Idk I'm about 20 hours in to FC5 and I've only seen the same places a few times.
The fast travel makes that a bit easier to accomplish.

SleepComa

Drifting through the stars...
Reaction score
Your HIT activity for this week:
- Number of HITs submitted: 979

Approvals and payments that occurred this week:
- Number of HITs approved: 1,079
- Number of HITs rejected: 1
- Bonus reward earned: $32.85
- HIT reward earned: $559.80
- Total Amount earned this week: $592.65

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
I think it depends on the game for me. I like open world games if there's lots of stuff to do. But I feel like there has to actually be an emphasis on exploration and a reason for it. I think most games just use it as filler and it gets old fast.

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
I think it depends on the game for me. I like open world games if there's lots of stuff to do. But I feel like there has to actually be an emphasis on exploration and a reason for it. I think most games just use it as filler and it gets old fast.
I got lost forever raising chocobo's and racing them. I think I even forgot what my mission was in FFVii for a good month.

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Yeah, it has to be really good (Witcher 3) to work, otherwise they're just trying to stuff it full of filler or release it as quickly as possible then patch it or push DLC later.

Just give me more linear RPGs with sidequests :kill:. That's what a console is for.

Status
Not open for further replies.