03/30 - Wacky Work Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhantomCatt

Sweet & Sassy
Reaction score
My grumpster is in a 5 gal. I have a problem with diatoms atm because he ate all the ramshorns in the tank, I need a nerite but the only place to get on is Petco and they looked dead or dying. I dont shop at petsmart anymore after I got into a very heated argument with the lady working the fish department when I overheard her telling someone a 1 gal unheated was fine for a betta. /end rant
Ummmm... not to start up your rant again. But I've been told this for years. I have my poor lil betta in an unheated 1 gal with a little plant he likes to hide it. If this is wrong, then what should I have him in? Plus I thought they couldn't live with other fish because they were "fighting fish" and very territorial. Am I wrong? Should I go get him some friends? Now I feel bad...

Last edited:

Lepi

Some Kind of Sneaky Witch Thief
Contributor
Reaction score
Ummmm... not to start up your rant again. But I've been told this for years. I have my poor lil betta in an unheated 1 gal with a little plant he likes to hide it. If this is wrong, then what should I have him in? Plus I thought they couldn't live with other fish because they were "fighting fish" and very territorial. Am I wrong? Should I go get him some friends? Now I feel bad...
I read both of these posts and in my current state I thought you guys were talking about children right up until that last little bit, and it was a really weird experience.

Kizka

Non Serviam
Contributor
Reaction score
5 gallons is really
Ummmm... not to start up your rant again. But I've been told this for years. I have my poor lil betta in an unheated 1 gal with a little plant he likes to hide it. If this is wrong, then what should I have him and? Plus I thought they couldn't live with other fish because they were "fighting fish" and very territorial. Am I wrong? Should I go get him some friends? Now I feel bad...
5 gallons is really the minimum. He needs a heater and a filter system. No plastic plants...real or silk is preferable. They can tear fins on plastic. The males need to live solo. Some tolerate snails and others eat them. YMMV on the snail issue. Females can live in a sorority of five or more, but you need a much larger tank for that. If you need more specific info let me know.

Reactions: Dutchy

PhantomCatt

Sweet & Sassy
Reaction score
I read both of these posts and in my current state I thought you guys were talking about children right up until that last little bit, and it was a really weird experience.

I literally just snorted drink out my nose laughing at this comment! I can only imagine what was going through your head!

Reactions: aveline

Itsmee

Condor
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm using the legacy version of tjololo's scraper and its been working fine.
I am using the DEV version...cuz I thought Tjololo @Tjololo told me he was not going to do any more updates on his legacy version. (I could be wrong, it was a while ago back in my old hood). I have noticed a few quirks with feihtality's (DEV)

Small random glitches:

* Communicating with Turkopticon at times seems to create a problem. (I have tried both T.O. versions in FF, the script and the add-on versions. No difference) I am led to believe this is a T.O.server prob, not a Scraper prob, but I may be wrong.

* If I run the Scraper constantly, the display screen grows longer and longer. (Showing me more Hits than usual)

I have run numerous test on both FF and Chrome, and the above 2 problems are consistent with both browsers.

Other than those couple things, runs fine in FF or Chrome for me. (If Scraper (DEV) hits a snag, I have found if I change the search params, from reward to latest and the min reward amount for example, let it run for a couple mins, them change back to my normal settings, the Scraper seems to be fine again. Clear your cache and copy your blocklist back-up in. (Mine is very short because I use wildcards in mine so it's not a prob for me.)

I would say that better than 98% of the time, the scraper is reliable. Even when I run (2) Scrapers at the same time on different machines.

Dutchy

Lion's Dimension
Contributor
Reaction score
My grumpster is in a 5 gal. I have a problem with diatoms atm because he ate all the ramshorns in the tank, I need a nerite but the only place to get on is Petco and they looked dead or dying. I dont shop at petsmart anymore after I got into a very heated argument with the lady working the fish department when I overheard her telling someone a 1 gal unheated was fine for a betta. /end rant
my local fish store (v serious, not petcoish) has male bettas the size of my palm

kinda want to get a huge tank for one ngl

I do wish I had a 5 gal but it's a desktop aquarium and I do water changes fairly constantly--she's my turking buddy so I'm always watching her :)

Reactions: Kizka

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score
Title: 2 min survey about product attitudes | PANDA
Requester: Yunhui Huang [A2ESGXWA4IHJI1] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☭☭☭☭☭ 5.00 Communicativity
☭☭☭☭☭ 3.04 Generosity
☭☭☭☭ 4.90 Fairness
☭☭☭☭ 4.73 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 27
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: We are interested in people's product attitudes
Time: 60 minutes
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $0.20
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 90; Location is US

Reactions: Snowflake

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score
I am using the DEV version...cuz I thought Tjololo @Tjololo told me he was not going to do any more updates on his legacy version. (I could be wrong, it was a while ago back in my old hood). I have noticed a few quirks with feihtality's (DEV)

Small random glitches:

* Communicating with Turkopticon at times seems to create a problem. (I have tried both T.O. versions in FF, the script and the add-on versions. No difference) I am led to believe this is a T.O.server prob, not a Scraper prob, but I may be wrong.

* If I run the Scraper constantly, the display screen grows longer and longer. (Showing me more Hits than usual)

I have run numerous test on both FF and Chrome, and the above 2 problems are consistent with both browsers.

Other than those couple things, runs fine in FF or Chrome for me. (If Scraper (DEV) hits a snag, I have found if I change the search params, from reward to latest and the min reward amount for example, let it run for a couple mins, them change back to my normal settings, the Scraper seems to be fine again. Clear your cache and copy your blocklist back-up in. (Mine is very short because I use wildcards in mine so it's not a prob for me.)

I would say that better than 98% of the time, the scraper is reliable. Even when I run (2) Scrapers at the same time on different machines.
the legacy version is more recently updated than the other one

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about decision making in a forensic setting | PANDA
Requester: UNSW Forensic Lab [A5E8P2L5P6JBS] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☭☭☭☭ 4.00 Communicativity
☭☭☭☭☭ 2.96 Generosity
☭☭☭☭☭ 5.00 Fairness
☭☭☭☭ 4.81 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 50

Description: Insights into decision making. Complete a short survey where you take on the role of a juror in a criminal trial and share your attitudes and beliefs.
Time: 60 minutes
Hits Available: 16
Reward: $0.75
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 95; Location is US

Reactions: Coffee

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score
Title: Identify emotions expressed by the voice | PANDA
Requester: Alan Cowen [A2862FWM2LCOP0] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☭☭☭☭☭ 5.00 Communicativity
☭☭☭☭☭ 5.00 Generosity
☭☭☭☭ 4.50 Fairness
☭☭☭☭☭ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 6

Description: You will rate the emotions expressed by 30 short (<3s) vocalizations.
Time: 30 minutes
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 97; Total approved HITs is greater than 50

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score
Check the year... Legacy says 2010 was the last update.
oh i was just checking the 2016-03-10 what was that all about?
looks like amazon hasn't changed anything in 6 years 'cause its still goin strong with no problems

Cursed Scroll

Mogg Fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
Come on a9, give me so many rejections I do not have to live this half life anymore!

I think I have been reading my kids Harry Potter way to much lately.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pleco

PhantomCatt

Sweet & Sassy
Reaction score
Reactions: Itsmee and Drwho10
Status
Not open for further replies.