03/22 - To Eternity Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
What is anyone even doing in WoW these days? I'm leaving my sub deactivated until they AT LEAST announce the date for Legion. :|
I just resubbed after like a year of not playing. I didn't play the current expansion much, so I only have one character at max level. I've just been working on leveling others so I can have at least a few at cap by the time Legion rolls out.

Reactions: Kerek

Krykiet

Contributor
Reaction score
Which hit database is best?

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm reading an article about using MTurk and the researcher uses the word "skimming" which they then define as a way "in which workers accept and work on multiple HITs at once". I've never heard this used before. Does anyone else call multitasking on MTurk "skimming"?

hyway

Contributor
Reaction score
Let them eat Cake!!

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Songbaobao for work related to 3FK4G712NX13O74MAKV02NIT8OHSSP.
The value of your bonus is: $4.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
No comment provided by Requester.

Reactions: tricker

KittyRaces

lengthening my shitlist by the minute
Contributor
Reaction score
I just resubbed after like a year of not playing. I didn't play the current expansion much, so I only have one character at max level. I've just been working on leveling others so I can have at least a few at cap by the time Legion rolls out.
That makes sense. I only have one toon at max level as well. But horribly undergeared because I don't raid and I haven't done many dungeons since Wrath. :rolleyes: I really want to get an Ally toon to max level, but who knows if that's going to actually happen ever.

Reactions: aveline

Jason2384

Pizza is the worst food on earth.
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Listen to a playlist at your own direction. | PANDA
Requester: AudioKite [A1ZEEGMU3YMZ6] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★ 4.40 Communicativity★★★★★ 3.88 Generosity★★★★ 4.98 Fairness★★★★ 4.94 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 110
TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: We are performing a study on playlist listening habits of Genre Category: Pop / Dance fans. Please listen to the playlist provided at your own direction. NOTE: The qualification test is just to confirm you enjoy listening to the designated genre.
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 2
Reward: $0.60
Qualifications: Likes Pop / Dance is not less than 1;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95;Location is US

Reactions: PhantomCatt

Jason2384

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Listen to a Rap playlist at your own direction. | PANDA
TO Ratings:
★★★★ 4.40 Communicativity★★★★★ 3.88 Generosity★★★★ 4.98 Fairness★★★★ 4.94 Promptness
Submit a new TO review
Description: We are performing a study on playlist listening habits of rap music fans. Please listen to the playlist provided at your own direction. NOTE: The qualification test is to confirm you enjoy listening to the designated genre.
HITs Available: 3
Qualifications: Likes Hip Hop / Rap / R&B is not less than 1;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95;Location is US

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Let them eat Cake!!

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Songbaobao for work related to 3FK4G712NX13O74MAKV02NIT8OHSSP.
The value of your bonus is: $4.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
No comment provided by Requester.
Still mad you did the HIT? :wink:

Reactions: hyway

KittyRaces

lengthening my shitlist by the minute
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm reading an article about using MTurk and the researcher uses the word "skimming" which they then define as a way "in which workers accept and work on multiple HITs at once". I've never heard this used before. Does anyone else call multitasking on MTurk "skimming"?
Nope. I just use "multitasking" or "multitabbing". "Skimming" sounds REALLY shady and like workers don't really pay attention to what they're doing.

Jason2384

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Listen to a Rock playlist at your own direction. | PANDA
TO Ratings:
Submit a new TO review
Description: We are performing a study on playlist listening habits of rock music fans. Please listen to the playlist provided at your own direction. NOTE: The qualification test is to confirm you enjoy listening to the designated genre.
HITs Available: 3
Qualifications: Likes Indie / Rock / Alternative is not less than 1;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95;Location is US

Reactions: KittyRaces

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
No. Some HITS have long timers and some requesters, such as the right now not loved OCMP75, say to do multiple hits at once right on their hits. As long as you do the work properly and in good faith I'd call it working smart.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Which hit database is best?
I like the Mk II HIT DB. But didn't you say you have a backup of your DB? You should install whichever one you had before, so you can import the backup first. Once that's done, you can convert it to Mk II, if that's what you decide to go with.

Reactions: coffeeowl
Status
Not open for further replies.