03/22 - Bavarian Crepe Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

klyde

No, I don't want to see your pog collection
Contributor
Reaction score
I did a tej hit earlier today...it wasn't too bad, but the app was pretty unimpressive. I'd do more, but something about the whole thing just feels a bit scummy. Maybe I am just too used to pristine university based surveys and z's of a brian nature.
The apps have really been unimpressive lately. Terrible design and all.
they really aren't bad pay. 15-20$+ hour depending how fast you are.
Yeah. Really simple once you get the hang of it. I just install the app and uninstall it. If you have a newer android you can just block the permissions you aren't comfortable with. I think that started in 6.0 so if you don't have a newer one
are they that bad?
They probably own an iPhone.

kvnmrd

Reaction score
reading the tej hits, there actually no mention of needing a Sim in the description - does it say so in the survey? might attempt with a friend's old phone

klyde

Contributor
Reaction score
reading the tej hits, there actually no mention of needing a Sim in the description - does it say so in the survey? might attempt with a friend's old phone
I'm not sure why it says that. I think it's new too. I see no reason for you to need a sim.

Reactions: kvnmrd

kvnmrd

Reaction score
I'm not sure why it says that. I think it's new too. I see no reason for you to need a sim.
but technically couldn't an old phone still have a sim card? its just not using service. sorry to beat a dead horse yall just trying to not lose out on that $100 :banghead:

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
but technically couldn't an old phone still have a sim card? its just not using service. sorry to beat a dead horse yall just trying to not lose out on that $100 :banghead:
some apps might require a sim, for things like location, or any number of permissions that would depend on a sim being present.

some might not - different apps will have different requirements, and as long as you're not being malicious I don't see anything wrong with it; you're downloading with your google login, you're registering a history with the app, and you are increasing their downloads and providing feedback.

I will not do the HITs, but that's my own decision (I'm a snob)

klyde

Contributor
Reaction score
I was doing them just fine before without an active sim. I think there was still one in there though. I honestly don't know because I think that message was only added to these last hits. I don't recall seeing it on the old ones.

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I'm so slow doing these TEJ. I guess I don't care enough to rush through 'em.
If they're gone before I do them all oh well.

Reactions: arcyjay

klyde

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm so slow doing these TEJ. I guess I don't care enough to rush through 'em.
If they're gone before I do them all oh well.
I only seen like 20 different ones. Should be easy to get them all done in an hour.

Reactions: CrazyCatLady

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
Wait all my hits are doing this now?! "An error occurred. Please refresh the current page in your browser."

Reactions: CrazyCatLady

klyde

Contributor
Reaction score
Wait all my hits are doing this now?! "An error occurred. Please refresh the current page in your browser."
I believe that means you have to go to the first Google hit you accepted. You can't do them out of order. Or you sent one Back and now you have to wait. I forget which. ^ Like she said.

Reactions: theturkscribe

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
I believe that means you have to go to the first Google hit you accepted. You can't do them out of order. Or you sent one Back and now you have to wait. I forget which. ^ Like she said.
Oh no! Thanks both. I hadn't returned anything but something went wrong when I closed a tab I thought - but then it was happening with 2 different requesters. UGH!

Reactions: SherryNotShirley
Status
Not open for further replies.