03/21 - Mutant Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Don't do it, Pleco! I used to work in a prison (therapist :).

And I'll tell you right now: no rat in their right mind wants to run the risk of being incarcerated. :wideyed:
Do you think working as a prison therapist prepared you for being a forum mod, or this much, much worse?

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Yeah, not everyone has money for new computers. I don't know if upgrading is worth the hassle. I think I ran a test and it said I could upgrade, but I would lose a few things.
I get that, I don't either. Just didn't know you could even run chrome on xp.

Desertdarlene

Baby Shorebird and Duckling Protector
Reaction score
I also think my router may be going out and I need a new one.

catnapped

Relatively Unknown Member
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Provide a title and description for a piece of adult content | PANDA
Requester: AdultNetHITs [A2GGMBBJ00PKKX] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 3.62 Communicativity★★★★★ 3.40 Generosity★★★★★ 3.86 Fairness★★★★★ 3.24 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 65
TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Provide a title (40-61 character) and a description (550-700 characters) for a piece of adult content by looking through images - New Requirements, please read carefully!
Time: 30 minutes
HITs Available: 8
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95;Adult Content Qualification is 1

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Nothing to see here

Last edited:
Reactions: Definitely Not Riss

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Title: Does Public Policy Represent Individual Consensus? - 20 mins rating
Requester: Laboratory for experimental economics [AR9SZRBF4LW53] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 2.67 Communicativity★★★★★ 3.95 Generosity★★★★ 4.47 Fairness★★★★ 4.27 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 43
Submit a new TO review
Description: The survey consists of 15 questions in which you are asked to rate your support to 5 proposals of public intervetion, on a scale from 0-100.
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is greater than 0;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 90;Location is US

PhantomCatt

Sweet & Sassy
Reaction score
Title: easy collection
Requester: helen nagel [A1XNNWVJL3A9E5] (TO)
TO Ratings:
TO Unavailable
Submit a new TO review
Description: takes under 12 minutes
Time: 12 minutes
Reward: $1.25
Qualifications: Location is US
Thought these kinds of hits were junk just trying to get you to sign up for their site and there was no way to submit them? I'm just going by the title and the pay according to the other one's I've seen. It's not there anymore... but I am curious because I see these all the time.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Thoughts these kinds of hits were just trying to get you to sign up for their site and there was no way to submit them? I'm just going by the title and the pay according to the other one's I've seen. It's not there anymore... but I am curious because I see these all the time.
Shoot, i got them confused with these other ones.

Title: Easy Service y
Requester: David Davis [A2LGDSDTWGDKKB] (TO)
TO Ratings:
TO Unavailable
Submit a new TO review
Description: Service
Time: 2 minutes
Reward: $0.40
Qualifications: None

PhantomCatt

Sweet & Sassy
Reaction score
Reactions: Pleco and Jaded

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Is it a word?
Requester: HLP Lab [A29979FPDJ98R8] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 3.68 Communicativity★★★★ 4.13 Generosity★★★★ 4.55 Fairness★★★★ 4.44 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 117
Submit a new TO review
Description: Decide if the sound clip is a real word or not
Reward: $1.50
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 95;Location is US
404 Not Found
nginx/1.9.10

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Title: Answer questions about a piece of text
Requester: Brian Dolan [A1AI6SW05HWSQ3] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 5.00 Communicativity★★★★★ 3.30 Generosity★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness★★★★ 4.29 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 10
Submit a new TO review
Description: Answer 11 yes/no questions about a text tagline from an advertisement
Time: 2 hours
HITs Available: 5
Reward: $0.20
Qualifications: WorkReduce Site Qualification 2 is 100

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Find email address for brand marketing managers | PANDA
Requester: Jason Gerali [A2J6BD84JW7U87] (Contact)
(TO):[Pay: 3.00][Fair: 5.00][Comm: 0.00][Fast: 5.00]
Description:
Given a brand and the name of the person that handles their marketing, please find their email address. Most of these people will be based in the United Kingdom. The industries vary, but are all consumer oriented.
Hits Available: 91
Reward: $0.80
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 100, HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 90

jan

Reaction score
Do you think working as a prison therapist prepared you for being a forum mod, or this much, much worse?
awww,
you guys are great!

Prison is a horrible place. The men I worked with (and women and kids - I've worked in a womens prison, too, and juvenile detention - everywhere, if truth be told! I'm old :)
But the last place was a mens prison and my guys almost without exception were polite (to me, not to each other :), interested in change, and hard working (or at least aspired to being hard working :wink:.

There were folks at the back of the compound that I didn't work with who were kind of broken, dangerous, and I'm pretty glad I didn't meet them (my guys were all short - about to leave prison - so they were forward thinking and, believe it or not, scared: it's hard to start over when you can't drive, don't have a job, and often don't have a place to go).

but the guards and the other people I worked with. OMG. It was horrific. I'm really nice irl (well, at work I always was - exceptionally so, I don't get angry, I'm very patient). But the people who work in prison, well, some were nice..........but it was so bad. The stories I could tell..........not just physical abuse (I didn't see it from my office), but the verbally abusive language and the degrading way they were treated. Making grown men line up IN THE RAIN, Florida storms, mind you - and stand there. One guard made them answer questions because he thought it was amusing to see them fail (He'd say: I'll let you through if you answer a question to who's smarter than a third grader. In the line in front of other men. In the rain.

As you can imagine, from rural Florida, with only a High School education, he was just the man to humiliate a bunch of prisoners...................

By the way, we reported him! And guess what? His picture was right there on the guard booth the very next month:

(employee of the month). :(

Last edited:

PhantomCatt

Sweet & Sassy
Reaction score
awww,
you guys are great!

Prison is a horrible place. The men I worked with (and women and kids - I've worked in a womens prison, too, and juvenile detention - everywhere, if truth be told! I'm old :)
But the last place was a mens prison and my guys almost without exception were polite (to me, not to each other :), interested in change, and hard working (or at least aspired to being hard working :wink:.

There were folks at the back of the compound that I didn't work with who were kind of broken, dangerous, and I'm pretty glad I didn't meet them (my guys were all short - about to leave prison - so they were forward thinking and, believe it or not, scared: it's hard to start over when you can't drive, don't have a job, and often don't have a place to go).

but the guards and the other people I worked with. OMG. It was horrific. I'm really nice irl (well, at work I always was - exceptionally so, I don't get angry, I'm very patient). But the people who work in prison, well, some were nice..........but it was so bad. The stories I could tell..........not just physical abuse (I didn't see it from my office), but the verbally abusive language and the degrading way they were treated. Making grown men line up IN THE RAIN, Florida storms, mind you - and stand there. One guard made them answer questions because he thought it was amusing to see them fail (He'd say: I'll let you through if you answer a question to who's smarter than a third grader. In the line in front of other men. In the rain.

As you can imagine, from rural Florida, with only a High School education, he was just the man to humiliate a bunch of prisoners...................

By the way, we reported him! And guess what? His picture was right there on the guard booth the very next month:

(employee of the month). :(
Sadly... welcome to the real world! Doesn't surprise me he got employee of the month. There are assholes and stupid people everywhere! Especially when you are at your lowest in life. Thank you for being a shining light at the end of the tunnel and helping those that truly wanted to help themselves and be good citizens!

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Man, google chrome is barely loading anything or letting me switch tabs. Anyone else having this problem? MS Edge is working finr so I don't think it's my computer. Is there a way to run add-ons in Edge?

Status
Not open for further replies.