• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stacy B

Ask me about Horse Racing. Please.
Contributor
Reaction score
I was stressed out early this morning so, I went for a walk. Got stopped by the police directly across the street from my house. Was forced to show ID regardless of being suspected of a crime, unless I wanted to go to the police station. I didn't. Then, I got half a mile from my house, got stopped again. Different cop. Just wanted to make sure I was 'okay'. Same bullshit. I said, "Have I done something wrong officer?"
He says no.
So, I said, "I'm fine." Then continued on my walk. I get another 300yds, and cross the street due to snow banks and no sidewalk. Same cop stops me again. "What have I done now?!!!"

"Well, now you're moving with the flow of traffic."

"SO?!!!! Is that illegal?!!!! This is the third time I'm being stopped, without being suspected of a crime, and it's cold outside. I don't feel like standing on the side of the road, talking to cops, in my own neighbourhood, when I've done nothing wrong!!!! Do you want me on that side of the street? Will that make you happy? Fine. Whatever!"

So, I proceed to walk, on his preferred side of the street, while being circled by these 2 cops. I see them every 2 minutes. They slow down. They pull in to driveways. They make U-turns, then one comes down my side of the road towards me, at about 60mph(30mph zone) with no lights or sirens, and comes within a foot of hitting me! Doesn't move over or anything! I finally gave up, fearing that this could get out of hand, and I could get hurt. So I turn around to walk home. About 50yds up the road, I see both cops parked in two traffic lanes, headlights facing me. I start getting a bit nervous because they are in the type of position you would take if you were going to kick the door open and fire from behind it. I get more nervous but give up. They are between me and my house. So, I keep walking. I have to shield my eyes because it's still dark and their lights are blinding. I get to them, heart pounding, and continue to walk past them. The eyeball me, waiting for me to snap, so they can show me how not to resist.

I don't do anything, which angers them more. They both fly off in different directions to circle around.(rural area so, it takes a minute) Then I decide that I'm not going to be scared into my fucking house, like a chump. So, I start walking in an odd direction, away from my house, and in the opposite direction from the police. They keep driving by. I keep changing direction. This went on for a half hour before I started just standing still and watching them drive by every time. I finally don't see them for 30 minutes so, I decide to walk home.

So much for a calming walk. Asshole, profiling, dicks.

Venting over.

EDIT Cops are bullies.
I wish they gave continuing education to police so they are very aware that they are PART of the community they are patrolling, instead of acting like the cowboys running the herd.

Stacy B

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Robot learning task (10-15 minutes) | Accept
Requester: merel [A1F0HV4NKOGY1R] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay: 3.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 0.00] [Reviews: 1] [ToS: 0]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: $1.00
Duration: 1 hour
Available: 1
Description: teach a robot how to recognise faces
Requirements: Location In AU, CA, GB, IS, NZ, US; Masters Exists
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.1.17
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Title: Decision Making Experiment (no tablet or mobile) | Accept
Requester: Coburg University / Stahringer [A1NVH9X5MQZ3AJ] Contact
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: $0.50
Duration: 12 hours
Description: Decision Making Experiment. Order objects by their rank.
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 0; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

edit: 2 min

Stacy B

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Search result survery | PANDA
Requester: John [A1K4WZLBI8521A] (Contact)
TV: [Hrly: $8.07] [Pay: 3.00] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 3.67] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 3] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: $5.34] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: ---] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.70
Duration: 20 days
Available: 2
Description: We are conducting a search engine result research. We are interested in the difference of search result of the keywords below in different places around the world. We would also like to know how the website differ in looks in different region.
Requirements: Location EqualTo US

Looked harmless at first, but wants screenshots of the searches. Might not be worth the hassle to some.

Last edited:

JCGrey

Contributor
Reaction score
I was stressed out early this morning so, I went for a walk. Got stopped by the police directly across the street from my house. Was forced to show ID regardless of being suspected of a crime, unless I wanted to go to the police station. I didn't. Then, I got half a mile from my house, got stopped again. Different cop. Just wanted to make sure I was 'okay'. Same bullshit. I said, "Have I done something wrong officer?"
He says no.
So, I said, "I'm fine." Then continued on my walk. I get another 300yds, and cross the street due to snow banks and no sidewalk. Same cop stops me again. "What have I done now?!!!"

"Well, now you're moving with the flow of traffic."

"SO?!!!! Is that illegal?!!!! This is the third time I'm being stopped, without being suspected of a crime, and it's cold outside. I don't feel like standing on the side of the road, talking to cops, in my own neighbourhood, when I've done nothing wrong!!!! Do you want me on that side of the street? Will that make you happy? Fine. Whatever!"

So, I proceed to walk, on his preferred side of the street, while being circled by these 2 cops. I see them every 2 minutes. They slow down. They pull in to driveways. They make U-turns, then one comes down my side of the road towards me, at about 60mph(30mph zone) with no lights or sirens, and comes within a foot of hitting me! Doesn't move over or anything! I finally gave up, fearing that this could get out of hand, and I could get hurt. So I turn around to walk home. About 50yds up the road, I see both cops parked in two traffic lanes, headlights facing me. I start getting a bit nervous because they are in the type of position you would take if you were going to kick the door open and fire from behind it. I get more nervous but give up. They are between me and my house. So, I keep walking. I have to shield my eyes because it's still dark and their lights are blinding. I get to them, heart pounding, and continue to walk past them. The eyeball me, waiting for me to snap, so they can show me how not to resist.

I don't do anything, which angers them more. They both fly off in different directions to circle around.(rural area so, it takes a minute) Then I decide that I'm not going to be scared into my fucking house, like a chump. So, I start walking in an odd direction, away from my house, and in the opposite direction from the police. They keep driving by. I keep changing direction. This went on for a half hour before I started just standing still and watching them drive by every time. I finally don't see them for 30 minutes so, I decide to walk home.

So much for a calming walk. Asshole, profiling, dicks.

Venting over.

EDIT Cops are bullies.
I hate to hear this. Keep your head up it's not you, it's them. There are some good cops out there but so many of them are just bullies on a power trip and it is compounded by them being around each other.

MagicalStreams

I'd gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.
Reaction score
Was forced to show ID regardless of being suspected of a crime, unless I wanted to go to the police station.
I would have told them I do not have ID, you are not required to have ID when you are WALKING, only when driving a vehicle. In some states all you are required to give them while walking is your name. And just keep asking "Am I being detained or am I free to go?" If they say you are being detained, then you got a lawsuit on your hands. Check your state laws to see if your state is a one party state for audio recordings. it's legal in all 50 states to audio record your encounters with police. Just in some states you have to tell them, and others you don't.

Edit for Info.

Last edited:

Stacy B

Contributor
Reaction score
I would have told them I do not have ID, you are not required to have ID when you are WALKING, only when driving a vehicle. In some states all you are required to give them while walking is your name. And just keep asking "Am I being detained or am I free to go?" If they say you are being detained, then you got a lawsuit on your hands. Check your state laws to see if your state is a one party state for audio recordings. it's legal in all 50 states to audio record your encounters with police. Just in some states you have to tell them, and others you don't.
There are some states where you are required to produce ID, I believe. I live in a state where you do not, and that is something some officers use as an excuse to be 'suspicious' of you and to detain. That is illegal, but who's going to argue when you're alone with an armed officer?

Stacy B

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Install an android application, answer a short survey (5min) and learn more about your personality and smartphone usage! | Accept
Requester: Maximilian Altmeyer [A1S5MXNG51R4JU] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $31.85] [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: 4.00] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO:
No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: $2.00
Duration: 4 hours
Description: The following study „Player Types Study“ is part of a bachelor thesis at the Media Informatics Chair of Saarland University. The aim of the study is to investigate the relationship between smartphone usage patterns and gaming preferences.
Requirements: Masters Exists; Location In DE, GB, US; PlayerTypesStudy DoesNotExist
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Stacy B

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Questions regarding GADGETS in a RACING GAME | Accept
Requester: Bogdan von Rueckmann [A5JJTTDI2KQF1] Contact
TO: [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 3] [ToS: 0]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: $1.00
Duration: 5 minutes
Description: Give us your opinion regarding GADGETS in a RACING GAME
Requirements: Masters Exists; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

short timer, but less than a minute.

Stacy B

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Work Experience Survey | Accept
Requester: Wei Ning [A38ADQ9DJJYRY3] Contact
TO: [Pay: 4.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 3] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: $6.46] [Pen: 4.00 days] [Res: ---] [Rec: 0% of 2] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.70
Duration: 1 hour
Description: This survey is for examining various aspects of an organization´s environment. There are about 90 questions, which takes about 10-15 mins to finish
Requirements: Masters Exists
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Super bubbly. It let's me talk about how much I hate my job though, so I'm going to finish it.

Last edited:
Reactions: LittleDrummerBoy

cassius

Reaction score
There are some states where you are required to produce ID, I believe. I live in a state where you do not, and that is something some officers use as an excuse to be 'suspicious' of you and to detain. That is illegal, but who's going to argue when you're alone with an armed officer?
Just my opinion but I think it's best to carry some kind of ID with one these days. The times they are a changing. It's not good and it's not right but it might be safer.

MirrorMan

The Madness
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Short 5-6 min survey for $0.50(~ 6 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Rachel Song [A2VKSH3LGM7NAD] Contact
TO: [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 1] [ToS: 0]
Reward:
$0.50
Duration: 30 minutes
Available: 25
Description: Short 5-6 minute survey for $0.50. Must be 18 years or older, residing in the U.S., and full-time or part-time employed. Survey cannot be taken on a mobile device.
Requirements: Exc: [1878942477-77545] DoesNotExist; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location In US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Status
Not open for further replies.