03/14 - Mash My Button Monday

Should you add Lepi's Big Blue Button to your signature?

• Absolutely yes

Votes: 17 18.1%
  • Positively yes

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Wat?

Votes: 68 72.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barbwire

Averagely-known member
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Line Drawing | PANDA
Requester: Production Line [A1R8305Z5SPFUH] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 5.00 Communicativity★★★★★ 5.00 Generosity★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness★★★★★ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 1
TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Create a line drawing.
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.25
Qualifications: None

do it

Reactions: DungBeetle

jayjay

Contributor
Reaction score
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 5.00 Communicativity★★★★★ 5.00 Generosity★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness★★★★★ 5.00 Promptness
Submit a new TO review

do it
I did it earlier. It doesnt seem to allow me to do it a second time.

DungBeetle

Reaction score
TO Ratings:
Submit a new TO review

do it
Easiest hit I have ever done for 25 cents

Reactions: Barbwire

catnapped

Relatively Unknown Member
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about your opinions!! | PANDA
Requester: Stanford Survey Center [A1CVNISFZ8L1MO] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 2.33 Communicativity★★★★ 4.67 Generosity★★★★ 4.89 Fairness★★★★ 4.56 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 14
Submit a new TO review
Description: Answer a 15 minute survey about your daily life-- only if you qualify
Time: 30 minutes
Reward: $3.00
Screened out

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about your opinions!! | PANDA
Requester: Stanford Survey Center [A1CVNISFZ8L1MO] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 2.33 Communicativity★★★★ 4.67 Generosity★★★★ 4.89 Fairness★★★★ 4.56 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 14
Submit a new TO review
Description: Answer a 15 minute survey about your daily life-- only if you qualify
Time: 30 minutes
Reward: $3.00
screened out.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: "Measurement Re-expression" HIT | PANDA
Requester: Jessica Hullman [A38B5QC57UTM1H] (Contact)
(TO):[Pay: 4.60][Fair: 4.94][Comm: 4.41][Fast: 4.84]
Description:
In this HITs you will be choose four objects and rank them based on how good you think they are for re-expressing measurements.
Time: 15 minutes
Hits Available: 92
Reward: $0.05
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 95, Location is US

Reactions: kryss and MerryLou
Reaction score
Do people keep regular turking hours or do you find it more like you have to be awake as long as there is material up? I'm struggling with this, trying to figure out if people who make very good money basically are in a eat/sleep/turk mode 24/7 and also working mostly at night(or they turk weird hours, non morning hours)

It seems like very few people are on a morning schedule or do a 9-5 turk schedule. Like am I right in guessing that most of the good material tends to post in the late afternooon?

Last edited:
Reactions: kryss

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

jan

Reaction score
Do people keep regular turking hours or do you find it more like you have to be awake as long as there is material up? I'm struggling with this, trying to figure out if people who make very good money basically are in a eat/sleep/turk mode 24/7 and also working mostly at night(or they turk weird hours, non morning hours)

It seems like very few people are on a morning schedule or do a 9-5 turk schedule. Like am I right in guessing that most of the good material tends to post in the late afternooon?

(I need money, actually should go into the 24/7 turk mode and just make money for one month and deal with the side effects, but I'm thinking about long term, is it possible to work from like 8-4 and still end up with $220-300 dollar weeks?)

Like I almost flunked my class, well I am flunking, because I think mturk + schedules don't get along
No, it varies quite a bit and day time is often better (well, for me). Survey's tend to post early until about 11am. And there are batches during business hours (which makes sense).

Some of them post late, but most keep business hours.

But whatever you do don't flunk your class! Your classes are more important than mturk, in the long run, you know?

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score

(I need money, actually should go into the 24/7 turk mode and just make money for one month and deal with the side effects, but I'm thinking about long term, is it possible to work from like 8-4 and still end up with $220-300 dollar weeks?)

Like I almost flunked my class, well I am flunking, because I think mturk + schedules don't get along
I think it's kind of impossible to set hours because you never know when good stuff is going to post. You can set hours that you want to work, but you're going to be limited to whatever is up then, which could be awesome or could be garbage. It's pretty unpredictable. I think a lot of people who seem to be in 24/7 mode aren't actually working all of those hours but are available those hours, and will work if there's good stuff up and then sleep/eat/go do other stuff if there's nothing worthwhile up. And rely on various HIT monitoring methods to know when good stuff is up and when to come back and work.

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
No, it varies quite a bit and day time is often better (well, for me). Survey's tend to post early until about 11am. There are batches during business hours (which makes sense).

But whatever you do don't flunk your class! Your classes are more important than mturk, in the long run, you know?
Yeah, otherwise you won't have a fancy piece of paper to put in your closet.

Last edited:

Shadowsbane1988

Literally Pam
Contributor
Reaction score

My top 5 days? All on completely different schedules. My 'schedule', well, isn't. I don't have a day job right now, I'm not taking classes, and I have pretty much no life. Add into that horrible insomnia, and my schedule varies from all night shift, to evening shift, to morning, to afternoon...If I'm awake and can muster it, I'm on mturk. I don't think it's bad if you have to vary your schedule. You might make more some days, but some days it's just luck.

Ideally, if I could sleep regularly, I'd work from about 5 or 6am (PST) until about 1 or 2pm. I can almost always make at least my middle goal ($35) if not my high goal ($50). A lot of the 'morning' stuff posts on I want to say eastern? So I have to be up at the corresponding time if I want to catch it.

Reactions: PhantomCatt
Reaction score
No, it varies quite a bit and day time is often better (well, for me). Survey's tend to post early until about 11am. And there are batches during business hours (which makes sense).

Some of them post late, but most keep business hours.

Well, I have a bad resume. I figured this could help somewhat, but who knows

Good point about the morning surveys though, that is +1 for mornings

Reactions: kryss

kryss

carburante al fuoco
Former Admin
Reaction score
Well, I have a bad resume. I figured this could help somewhat, but who knows

Good point about the morning surveys though, that is +1 for mornings
How many approved are you at ?

PhantomCatt

Sweet & Sassy
Reaction score

DO NOT flunk your class because of MTURK!!!! I turked through college and you can make an ok amount. The key is leaving your computer on and knowing when to work and when it is more productive to go study, do laundry, sleep, party (not necessarily in that order! lol) Sometimes I would study and leave my Hit Monitor on. If it went off, then I put the books down and worked. Once I was done working then I went back to studying. It's takes a lot of discipline and multitasking. School should come first though because in the long run that is what will help you the most! It may seem like certain people turk 24/7, but typically they're turking when it's busy and just hanging out here and BSing until it picks up. Hope this helps some, my brain is a little mushy after a day of surveys. If you'd like you can PM me and I will try to help with tips on turking your way through college :) Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.