03/01 - Super Tuesday!

Have you voted in the primary yet? (See the first post for more info, & please avoid debates here.)

• Yes, my state already had its primary/caucus, and I voted in it!

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • Yes, my state votes today, and I've voted! (If in a caucus state, I'm going this evening!)

Votes: 21 15.8%
  • My state hasn't voted yet, but I'll go vote when it does!

Votes: 65 48.9%
  • No, I accidentally missed my state's registration deadline or don't have right ID. (Double-check!)

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • No, I don't care about the future. (C'mon.)

Votes: 22 16.5%
  • No, I'm not a US citizen.

Votes: 6 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spindle

Contributor
Reaction score
I understand that feeling, but then why hang out on a forum dedicated to sharing hits?
For the same reason that I would pick up said money if people were throwing it around.

I'm not dumb enough to throw mine around, but I'm sure as hell smart enough to pick it up when others do. :)

JimmyHuss

Reaction score
Difference between sharing things that you've done and then giving away money that could be in your pocket.

I'm definitely not walking down the street throwing my money around for everyone to pick up IRL. Why do it on MTurk?
Why not? Do you benefit from people posting hits? I'd rather share a great batch here where I've spent lurking and creepily getting familiar with people and know it's going to benefit them then hoard a few extra hits for myself and see the batch diminish by a bunch of random turkeys.

GoldenTemple

Serial Liker
Contributor
Reaction score
I understand both mindsets. If you mturk to survive, you don't want to share because you need as much money as you can get just to get by (life can be rough in general), but if you do mturk as a side thing, then its nice and feels good to share your excitement about a good hit with others. :)

Spindle

Contributor
Reaction score
Why not? Do you benefit from people posting hits? I'd rather share a great batch here where I've spent lurking and creepily getting familiar with people and know it's going to benefit them then hoard a few extra hits for myself and see the batch diminish by a bunch of random turkeys.
You just made my argument. I do have people that I'm close to in private that I share things with. I do believe in sharing with like minded people that help one another out.

By posting on a forum, you are having a batch diminish by a bunch of random turkeys.

Anyway, I'm not saying anymore because I know people will start to rage soon. :p

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Difference between sharing things that you've done and then giving away money that could be in your pocket.

I'm definitely not walking down the street throwing my money around for everyone to pick up IRL. Why do it on MTurk?
I'm turking because I walk down the street throwing my money around for everyone to pick up and it's a really expensive habit to mantain.

Debatesmith

I post GIF's more than I actually work
Contributor
Reaction score
sergey has made me complacent and i don't want to work on anything until he posts, which i'm not feeling good about happening.

what a dick.
This. Today will be a tough one to grind out because I don't think he will post and we have all gotten spoiled the past 4 days

Reactions: terp

JimmyHuss

Reaction score
Realistically, as a human being you have a limit. If you take 2 equal batches and start them at the same time and the only difference in completing the batches is that you post about one of them, I would put money on the hypothesis that you aren't really making much more money than you would've if you didn't post. Maybe the seconds that you lose posting.

TurkingMaster

Crowd Master
Banned
Reaction score
Anyone else catch those new Burkes I got $10 worth late last night strange time to be posting lol

GenericPear

Good Boy
Contributor
Reaction score
Only thing that can unite the forum is Sergey posting another monster batch. #teamjacob
totally #teamedward what are you even thinking? :kappa:

edit: theres no kappa smiley, you're killing me

Reactions: DONTDOIT

KittyRaces

lengthening my shitlist by the minute
Contributor
Reaction score

Maybe I should just go back to bed... o_O

Reactions: Drwho10
Status
Not open for further replies.