Not open for further replies.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Sorry, off topic, but has anyone ever bought concert tickets on a third party website and have gotten ripped off? I'd hate to spend so much money on tickets and then not get a real actual ticket.
Not full ripped off but I got like 40 rows back further than I ordered. :rain:
That was some bullshit comapny back in 2004 though :p

Stubhub is legit.

TylerS

Lazy Turker
Contributor
Reaction score
I was looking at stubhub. The prices are ridiculous but I can deal with that if I'm getting a legit ticket.
I've been good with StubHub. I found one on Groupon that seemed amazing, then the fees came. And it was almost worse than ticket price

Reactions: Maria Tortilla

Sara Gates

Reaction score
Title: Answer questions about personality and spirituality | PANDA
Requester: Jill [A1Y8RB0TIRVF97] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A] [Reviews: 0] [ToS: 0]
Description:
The purpose of this study is to examine the reliability and validity of some newly developed personality inventories as well as examine the relations between these new scales and marital satisfaction.
Time: 4 hours
HITs Available: 33
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: Partner COA Partispant DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US;

HIT posted from Mturk Suite v1.11.7

This took me 12 minutes! UGH soooooo many bubbles I should have returned it but each page down i thought surely the code would be next. I was WRONG!!

Reactions: K'Lee

K'Lee

The Royal Taster
Contributor
Reaction score
This took me 12 minutes! UGH soooooo many bubbles I should have returned it but each page down i thought surely the code would be next. I was WRONG!!
I was thinking the same thing...then I figured I was so far in to it I might as well finish. Very redundant.

Reactions: Sara Gates

charlie

Reaction score
Sorry, off topic, but has anyone ever bought concert tickets on a third party website and have gotten ripped off? I'd hate to spend so much money on tickets and then not get a real actual ticket.
depends on the site. The true resellers like Texas Tickets and there are others of course are selling you tickets they bought from the original vendor. They're not random people trying to make a buck on fake tickets. You have to be a little wary of Stub Hub and Seat Geek because those are not true businesses selling tickets. I know for a fact that people have been turned away from sporting events because tickets they thought were real turned out to be fake. Just be careful and don't buy a high end ticket for a price that's too good to be true. Personally, I tend to buy all my sporting event tickets off StubHub and haven't had any problems at all.

Last edited:

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Survey Attitudes and Behaviors about US Social Issues | PANDA
Requester: Jonathan Pierce [A2GMXGFF6Y6JEP] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A] [Reviews: 0] [ToS: 0]
Description:
Please complete a 15 minute survey for $1.00. The survey includes demographic questions, reading a short story, and completing questions.
Time: 30 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US;

Maria Tortilla

Dave Grohl is my spirit animal
Contributor
Reaction score
depends on the site. The true resellers like Texas Tickets and there are others of course are selling you tickets they bought from the original vendor. They're not random people trying to make a buck on fake tickets. You have to be wary of Stub Hub and Seat Geek because those are not true businesses selling tickets. I know for a fact that people have been turned away from sporting events because tickets they thought were real turned out to be fake. Just be careful and don't buy a high end ticket for a price that's too good to be true.
Thanks for the info. I would have bought right off Ticketmaster if I had been aware of the concert at the time the tickets were on sale on that website. The tickets I'm buying aren't too good to be true, that's for sure. I miss the days of paying like $40 (or less!) to go to a big concert and getting a halfway decent seat. I'm old.

TylerS

Lazy Turker
Contributor
Reaction score
depends on the site. The true resellers like Texas Tickets and there are others of course are selling you tickets they bought from the original vendor. They're not random people trying to make a buck on fake tickets. You have to be wary of Stub Hub and Seat Geek because those are not true businesses selling tickets. I know for a fact that people have been turned away from sporting events because tickets they thought were real turned out to be fake. Just be careful and don't buy a high end ticket for a price that's too good to be true.
What's really annoying about tickets nowadays is you have 3rd parties that snatch up 99% of the tickets and inflate the cost by 3x and call it a convenience fee. Most of my ticket purchases are for baseball or football games(with those those the price is great), but every now and then you can get a good price on concerts. But I remember when Adele had a big issue with her concerts being screwed by 3rd parties.

It's a real issue, even bigger sites like StubHub. I've never had an issue but you're right to say be careful

Last edited:
Reactions: Maria Tortilla

Sara Gates

Reaction score
First Day breaking $30 and already at my low goal I set for myself for the week. Feeling pretty good about staying home and doing this instead of working away from home at min wage!

Now to see if I actually sleep tonight or end up doing more at 1 am (11 pm turk time) again lol

Today's Projected Earnings: $30.41 (Exported from Mturk Suite v1.11.7)

Yatagarasu

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Survey for Coffee Drinkers | PANDA
Requester: Ash Morgan [A6W0VH7BODPGR] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: N/A] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: 5.00] [Reviews: 1] [ToS: 0]
Description:
Interested in coffee drinkers' opinions on coffee an fair trade
Time: 1 hour
HITs Available: 2
Reward: $0.75
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95;

TylerS

Lazy Turker
Contributor
Reaction score
First Day breaking $30 and already at my low goal I set for myself for the week. Feeling pretty good about staying home and doing this instead of working away from home at min wage!

Now to see if I actually sleep tonight or end up doing more at 1 am (11 pm turk time) again lol

Today's Projected Earnings: $30.41 (Exported from Mturk Suite v1.11.7)

Nice! Great job:happy:

Reactions: kryss

charlie

Reaction score
What's really annoying about tickets nowadays is you have 3rd parties that snatch up 99% of the tickets and inflate the cost by 3x and call it a convenience fee. Most of my ticket purchases are for baseball or football games(with those those the price is great), but every now and then you can get a good price on concerts. But I remember when Adele had a big issue with her concerts being screwed by 3rd parties.

It's a real issue, even bigger sites like StubHub. I've never had an issue but you're right to say be careful
you are not kidding. i was lucky to get U2 tickets for Dallas in May .. floor at that .. but holy crap the number of people who couldn't get tickets and then immediately started seeing them on reseller sites was insane!

Reactions: TylerS

charlie

Reaction score
Title: Survey for Coffee Drinkers | PANDA
Requester: Ash Morgan [A6W0VH7BODPGR] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: N/A] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: 5.00] [Reviews: 1] [ToS: 0]
Description:
Interested in coffee drinkers' opinions on coffee an fair trade
Time: 1 hour
HITs Available: 2
Reward: $0.75
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95;

i'm definitely a coffee drinker. here i go

damn. and now i have to return it. crap. work getting in the way and i won't get to this before i'm done. the fun of working from home

Last edited:

Kathryn

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Contributor
Reaction score
Does it prevent you? I don't even remember what I did yesterday.
Sort of; it let me accept but when I tried to register for an account it said one already existed which was my clue!

TylerS

Lazy Turker
Contributor
Reaction score
you are not kidding. i was lucky to get U2 tickets for Dallas in May .. floor at that .. but holy crap the number of people who couldn't get tickets and then immediately started seeing them on reseller sites was insane!
Yeah it definitely depends on the artist. I'm in Indianapolis but if I go to a concert usually it's a smaller artist. I got Brandi Carlisle tickets for like 20 bucks was great. Ed Sheeran tickets were like 100 bucks. Nope

Aurica

Reaction score
3m

Title: shopping decision | PANDA
Requester: MLIU9 [AQPAB90ALXP0N] (TO)
TO Ratings:
TO Unavailable
Submit a new TO review
Description: shopping decision
Time: 20 minutes
Reward: $0.35
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is greater than 100;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 99;Location is US

Yatagarasu

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Reactions: WalkingEmphasis

ecko

Contributor
Reaction score
Don't forget to do the sleep task tonight if you are in the study. This took me 23min going kinda slow.
Title: Assessment of Cognitive Task Benefiting Sleep | PANDA
Requester: Walker Laboratory [A262NEAD8DX94K] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 5.00] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A] [Reviews: 1] [ToS: 0]
Auto Approval:
1 day
Time: 60 minutes
Reward: $6.00
Qualifications: CogExpGroup-February is 1;

Status
Not open for further replies.