02/23 - The Cockchafer Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
Well I want to look at the money, but I'm a relatively newbie turker compared to everyone here, so just wondering if anyone has experience with this. It's definitely, definitely, not a full time job.

Sorry if the question came off weird just don't want to waste my time
I don't think you're wasting anybody's time.
it's on topic
you're requesting second and third opinions

you're being smart

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score
Today's Projected Earnings: $30.10

Worst day I have had in about a week but heck I got a badass router now so tomorrow will be better I am sure.

K'Lee

The Royal Taster
Contributor
Reaction score
Well I want to look at the money, but I'm a relatively newbie turker compared to everyone here, so just wondering if anyone has experience with this. It's definitely, definitely, not a full time job.

I would be careful, but that's just me. I'd wait to see what others think.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Question. If a requester offers something outside of mturk. PayPal and work done through Google docs, is that something you guys would normally embrace, or be wary of?
Depends on if I've worked for the requester before or if anyone else has worked for them. (Good TO and whatnot)

If they are brand new I'm a little more suspicious of them.

Kathryn

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Contributor
Reaction score

It would depend on the requester. I know people have done it before, but I would want to be sure I had some recourse if they tried to not pay. Depending on the amount you also get into 1099 tax territory (you have to pay taxes on any amount but they are required to issue you a 1099 if the pay is more than $600) which means you'll need to furnish your SSN etc.

Reactions: Pleco and TylerS

K'Lee

The Royal Taster
Contributor
Reaction score

Worst day I have had in about a week but heck I got a badass router now so tomorrow will be better I am sure.
$$Router.....$$$Mom Cake :drool:. Sometimes other things make up for the money. Getting a new router is a good thing & so is yummy cake. I'd say it's a win win. :D

Reactions: Liz

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score

It's amazing how little tweaks like a new router can really help.

After I upgraded my laptop and router I make just as much working only 4 hours per day as I used to in 8 if the right jobs pop.

Reactions: Liz and Concise

WalkingEmphasis

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Marketing study (17 minutes) $1.42 | PANDA
Requester: Stella Ko [AQGMT5M30CMJV] (Contact)
(TO): [Pay: 4.62] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fast: 5.00]
Description:
Marketing study (17 minutes) $1.42
Time: 50 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.42
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US;
Writing though

TylerS

Lazy Turker
Contributor
Reaction score
Depends on if I've worked for the requester before or if anyone else has worked for them. (Good TO and whatnot)

If they are brand new I'm a little more suspicious of them.
That's where I'm kinda confused. His TO is solid with 5 good reviews. Just wanting to make sure this isn't some scam I'm unaware of. Like, hey, Tyler, do this huge Google spreadsheet.... Then 7 hours later I wasted my time. I don't have good luck so I usually view these things with strings attached

He seems legit, and the work seems like it would pay reasonably. Probably just overthinking it.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
That's where I'm kinda confused. His TO is solid with 5 good reviews. Just wanting to make sure this isn't some scam I'm unaware of. Like, hey, Tyler, do this huge Google spreadsheet.... Then 7 hours later I wasted my time. I don't have good luck so I usually view these things with strings attached

He seems legit, and the work seems like it would pay reasonably. Probably just overthinking it.
I mean there's always a chance he'll take the work and run, but I mean he could do the same thing by just rejecting a hit through mTurk and it would probably take less effort on his part.

If he's having you work through google docs it probably means there's just a lot of data and it would be easier for him to just give it all to one person instead of loading it up as X amount of hits.

Reactions: TylerS

Maria Tortilla

Dave Grohl is my spirit animal
Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry, off topic, but has anyone ever bought concert tickets on a third party website and have gotten ripped off? I'd hate to spend so much money on tickets and then not get a real actual ticket.

Reactions: C to the J

TylerS

Lazy Turker
Contributor
Reaction score
I mean there's always a chance he'll take the work and run, but I mean he could do the same thing by just rejecting a hit through mTurk and it would probably take less effort on his part.

If he's having you work through google docs it probably means there's just a lot of data and it would be easier for him to just give it all to one person instead of loading it up as X amount of hits.
True, that's a really good point. Maybe I'll see if he can provide a small example and if it seems okay I'll go from there. I have plenty of time but I hate wasting it

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Exercise advice for others | PANDA
Requester: Prosocial Computing [A157CIQ2ZWBF0N] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 4.47] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Reviews: 21] [ToS: 0]
Description:
You will create a 1-week plan to help someone improve their exercising
Time: 2 hours
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $5.00
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98; Location EqualTo US;
HIT posted from Mturk Suite v1.11.7

TylerS

Lazy Turker
Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry, off topic, but has anyone ever bought concert tickets on a third party website and have gotten ripped off? I'd hate to spend so much money on tickets and then not get a real actual ticket.
What website? I've never had an issue with 3rd parties, but I have gotten screwed on hidden/undisclosed fees. But just by one site damn let me think of the one lol

Last edited:

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
True, that's a really good point. Maybe I'll see if he can provide a small example and if it seems okay I'll go from there. I have plenty of time but I hate wasting it
Yeah, I'd definitely get a small chunk of the work first so you know what you're signing up for.

Reactions: TylerS

Maria Tortilla

Dave Grohl is my spirit animal
Contributor
Reaction score
What website? I've never had an issue with 3rd parties, but I have gotten screwed on hidden/undisclosed fees
I was looking at stubhub. The prices are ridiculous but I can deal with that if I'm getting a legit ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.