Votes: 59 54.1%
  • I did, but now I don't

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

keljenner

Reaction score
I'm sorry. Sheesh, this looks scary. I don't use scripts in my hits either and that would've been what I thought, so this is kind of worrisome. I know they make mistakes though. If it were me, I'd want to write them back to ask what they are referring too and to let them know there's been a mistake. On the other hand, I would want less, rather than more attention. Isn't there a thread on here now about this kind of thing? I'm going to go look around...
Thanks :) I already wrote them back. I wonder how many others have gotten this message.

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I'm sorry. Sheesh, this looks scary. I don't use scripts in my hits either and that would've been what I thought, so this is kind of worrisome. I know they make mistakes though. If it were me, I'd want to write them back to ask what they are referring too and to let them know there's been a mistake. On the other hand, I would want less, rather than more attention. Isn't there a thread on here now about this kind of thing? I'm going to go look around...
A few people recently have gotten this message. It seems that when you email, you get an unhelpful (but not surprising) canned response. :( Some people claim to have gotten the email and continued life as normal without any more issues, though.

Reactions: Blakkat and Michele

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Have you looked here?
https://www.mturkcrowd.com/threads/mechanical-turk-suspensions-and-general-speculation.1778/

I got this message today.

Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

This is a warning to let you know that we have identified activity associated with your Amazon Mechanical Turk (MTurk) Worker account that is in violation of the MTurk Participation Agreement. Specifically, your account has been flagged for failing to use your human intelligence and independent judgment to conscientiously complete HITs for Requesters, which violates Section 3(b) of the MTurk Participation Agreement.

You can review the complete Participation Agreement at the link below:

https://www.mturk.com/worker/participation-agreement

MTurk is a marketplace for completing tasks by exercising human intelligence. We take this seriously, so if you continue this prohibited activity to complete HITs in the future or otherwise fail to make a conscientious effort to provide complete and accurate responses for the HITs you submit, your account will be suspended without further warning.

If you have any questions, or if you believe this decision was made in error, you may email us using the Contact Us form on our Worker website:

http://www.mturk.com/mturk/contactus

I have never use scripts, so that can't be it

IridescentOwl

Reaction score

This is a warning to let you know that we have identified activity associated with your Amazon Mechanical Turk (MTurk) Worker account that is in violation of the MTurk Participation Agreement. Specifically, your account has been flagged for failing to use your human intelligence and independent judgment to conscientiously complete HITs for Requesters, which violates Section 3(b) of the MTurk Participation Agreement.

MTurk is a marketplace for completing tasks by exercising human intelligence. We take this seriously, so if you continue this prohibited activity to complete HITs in the future or otherwise fail to make a conscientious effort to provide complete and accurate responses for the HITs you submit, your account will be suspended without further warning.

If you have any questions, or if you believe this decision was made in error, you may email us using the Contact Us form on our Worker website:

Ugh. This is scary. Have you guys come up with a theory about who is getting these? Is there a weird amazon batch or something that everyone who has gotten this is doing?

Reactions: Concise

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
ill turn the jazz game on. i usually only watch rockets games if im watching nba

derekc

Reaction score

I received the same message a few weeks ago, as did someone else, and it really sucks not knowing exactly why. I emailed them and they had their investigations team look into it, which basically said the same thing. I use Mturk Suite and Panda Crazy, although I realize now that I may have been on a VPN on my phone while logged into Mturk. If you haven’t used a VPN before, I honestly have no idea what it could’ve been that triggered the message.

Last edited:
Reactions: IridescentOwl

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
Yeah I had to poke it a few times to wake it up. I'm B96 I don't know who any of the others are though.
i would download it but i feel like i would check it too often throughout the day. i just like to grind and see where the chips fall whenever im done turking for a day

Reactions: GTR and Gator

Nikoratos

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't either. I haven't turned it on the last few days. Chrome started to be a pain in the ass and I've been testing out Vivaldi. I haven't installed much in the way of scripts yet.

Gator

Contributor
Reaction score
ill turn the jazz game on. i usually only watch rockets games if im watching nba
I usually only watch magic games so you got me beat on that one.

Reactions: Peachy

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
i would download it but i feel like i would check it too often throughout the day. i just like to grind and see where the chips fall whenever im done turking for a day
I think its nice to be able to gauge how I am doing in comparison even if its not the full community, I'm not sure if any of the real heavy hitters use it though. I'm into competitive things.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Ugh. This is scary. Have you guys come up with a theory about who is getting these? Is there a weird amazon batch or something that everyone who has gotten this is doing?
I have wondered about that since people first started reporting this. Does anyone think it may be triggered by any requester who rejects a hit because of "bot like responses"? You know, the requester's that are new, or don't seem to have a clue....

I think this because the response from amazon seems canned and automatic, and then nothing happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: IridescentOwl
Status
Not open for further replies.