Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score
Parent rant:

My 17yo is on lockdown. I have raised 6 children, one passed away in infancy, but I have seen it all. I have had a few doozies but let me tell you. Charlotte came home Fri. night and immediately went to bathroom and got sick. First thing I do is ask about drinking or did she take anything. No mom. But she kept getting sick...Anyhow, after a very eventful night dad goes in to clean the bathroom and comes out because a wine opener is sticking out of her back pack. Hmmmm. Now we don't really drink, but we had a bottle of wine that my SIL brought over because it was a gift to her and she never drinks...and it was gone! I was livid. So, I tell her we will talk in the morning. She was grounded. She could have her phone during school hours (I would hate for their to be an emergency and she didn't have it, shit happens these days).

So anyhow, yesterday she asks to go to a friends house, I tell her no, she's grounded. This is her response "I didn't think you were serious, I've never been grounded". Well she's also never stolen from my home, especially alcohol, and proceeded to get drunk. She tried to whine about it but I told her to shush before I took her ipod and her school mac, how hard is a grounding when you have a school laptop, really? So, rant is over, any seasoned parents dealt with this? I had one get caught smoking pot with his bestie in our shed but to be honest, drinking is more serious to me, only because her grandpa was an alcoholic and committed suicide, long before she was born though. Issue is, she lied even after we kindly told her if she had been drinking we wanted to know so we could care for her better and worry about other stuff later. We've also always taught to call for rides etc... our son even called us from a party at 3am once because a girl was passed out and he and his BF took her away from some other guys they said seemed sketchy and we helped them get her home. ughhh
I had a pretty firm rule with my kids: I don't care what you do at home, drink, smoke pot, whatever, but if I caught you doing either and driving your ass was mine. You can't stop it, because they have to have some freedom, but what you can do is educate them, and hope for the best.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
I had a pretty firm rule with my kids: I don't care what you do at home, drink, smoke pot, whatever, but if I caught you doing either and driving your ass was mine. You can't stop it, because they have to have some freedom, but what you can do is educate them, and hope for the best.
Thanks I feel a bit better. She doesn't drive yet, we haven't allowed her cause she is kind of flighty and we don't want her or someone else hurt. Luckily she was walking from her friends a block over.

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Parent rant:
I can really only answer this by saying some kids just like being difficult and pushing back. Our youngest is 14 and pushes back on EVERYTHING, and it gets old really fast and really leaves you with a sense of "I don't know what to do with you"

Like for example she will not do school work she routinely fails at least 3-4 classes every semester and the ones she passes are barely. When doing chores she will take hours to do a 15 minute task, act like she shouldn't have to do it etc etc. Me and her mom are both basically at the end of our ropes with her. You legit hit a point of "if you don't care then I don't care" punishing her then just becomes punishment for us that kinda thing. Then our son gets grounded for having a bad grade and he's like ''This is not fair"

Kids can really make life difficult if they want, what she has taught me is you can try as much and as hard as you want. Have the best intentions really want to help or change things and at the end of the day if the kid is unwilling to work with you, there is nothing you can do. After years of it you really hit the point of I guess there's not much I can do because grounding and yelling etc etc nothing works it just gives the parents stress as she continues to not care. This kid wanted to drop out of school at 12, I know her future is just very poor looking and I've tried to talk to her about this because she just ignores us, "I'll live you with you forever" is what we get back.

It's really sad honestly.

Devil_Dawg

Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks I feel a bit better. She doesn't drive yet, we haven't allowed her cause she is kind of flighty and we don't want her or someone else hurt. Luckily she was walking from her friends a block over.
got pretty lucky with the daughters they all took after their mom who is squeaky clean, the son however took after me totally. He's 24 now, but for the longest time I wasn't sure he was going to see adulthood.

Trucker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Survey about the United States Supreme Court | Accept
Requester: Christopher Krewson [A11D5G8KRK04D2] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 3] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: ---] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: ---] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.75
Duration: 1 hour
Available: 1
Description: A 5-8 minute survey about your views of the United States Supreme Court
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 5000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.1.11
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
5 mins.

Last edited:

Devil_Dawg

Contributor
Reaction score

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: This survey consists of a short set of questions | PANDA
Requester: Shai Danziger [A3KJVCQBRFP7KK] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 3.40 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.44 Generosity
★★★★ 4.57 Fairness
★★★★ 4.35 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 59 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: This is a short survey that consists of very short reading and some questions
Time: 1800
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100;HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95;Location EqualTo US

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about your opinions | PANDA
Requester: Tee M [A1P07JNJ37S193] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 0.00 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.00 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 12 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Complete this easy 5 min survey on your opinions
Time: 3600
Reward: $0.40
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90;Location EqualTo US

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Personal preference(~ 3 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Christina [A1D4W60LPRFQ0O] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 5.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.40 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 13 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Answer just a few questions on your personal preferences. **This study cannot be completed using a mobile device. If you are using a mobile device, please do not accpet the HIT.
Time: 1200
HITs Available: 44
Reward: $0.30
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100;HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98;Exc: [891691470-74249] DoesNotExist ;Location In US

Contributor
Reaction score

rjd66

Need help,send BATCHES
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: This survey consists of a short set of questions | PANDA
Requester: Shai Danziger [A3KJVCQBRFP7KK] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 3.40 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.44 Generosity
★★★★ 4.57 Fairness
★★★★ 4.35 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 59 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: This is a short survey that consists of very short reading and some questions
Time: 1800
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100;HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95;Location EqualTo US
Unpaid screener

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
Was there a solution anywhere for when the surveys are just bringing up code when you click to preview?

Reactions: ChristopherASA

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Answer a short survey about your opinions(~ 5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Linyun Yang [A36IKRFGQW43ZU] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $12.71] [Pay: 4.17] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 4.67] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 4] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: $6.00] [Pen: 0.04 days] [Res: ---] [Rec: 100% of 1] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.50
Duration: 1 hour
Available: 1
Description: Give us your opinion about different companies and behaviors
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; Exc: [73841448-74186] DoesNotExist; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 80; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.1.11
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Trucker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about your opinions | PANDA
Requester: Tee M [A1P07JNJ37S193] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 0.00 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.00 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 12 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Complete this easy 5 min survey on your opinions
Time: 3600
Reward: $0.40
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90;Location EqualTo US
2.5 mins

Maria Tortilla

Dave Grohl is my spirit animal
Contributor
Reaction score
I can really only answer this by saying some kids just like being difficult and pushing back. Our youngest is 14 and pushes back on EVERYTHING, and it gets old really fast and really leaves you with a sense of "I don't know what to do with you"

Like for example she will not do school work she routinely fails at least 3-4 classes every semester and the ones she passes are barely. When doing chores she will take hours to do a 15 minute task, act like she shouldn't have to do it etc etc. Me and her mom are both basically at the end of our ropes with her. You legit hit a point of "if you don't care then I don't care" punishing her then just becomes punishment for us that kinda thing. Then our son gets grounded for having a bad grade and he's like ''This is not fair"

Kids can really make life difficult if they want, what she has taught me is you can try as much and as hard as you want. Have the best intentions really want to help or change things and at the end of the day if the kid is unwilling to work with you, there is nothing you can do. After years of it you really hit the point of I guess there's not much I can do because grounding and yelling etc etc nothing works it just gives the parents stress as she continues to not care. This kid wanted to drop out of school at 12, I know her future is just very poor looking and I've tried to talk to her about this because she just ignores us, "I'll live you with you forever" is what we get back.

It's really sad honestly.
Give her a tour of your local jail. Maybe that'll scare her straight.

Piro

Here not There
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Unanimous A.I. for work related to 3URJ6VVYUP93QS6NFRH42OFUM18O4W.
The value of your bonus is: $25.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
Congrats! You were the winner of our NBA week 13 survey contest. We appreciate your good work for us!

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Unanimous A.I. for work related to 302OLP89DZTHJSP1YNI4KR7DP8MACJ.
The value of your bonus is: $50.00 USD

The Requester included this note:
Congrats! You had a high enough score to earn first runner up in one of our Super Bowl survey contests. Great job, and keep up the good work!

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!
My GF didn't want to post her bonuses..I don't mind:cigar:

Status
Not open for further replies.