02/09 COMFORTABLY NUMB SATURDAY

Status
Not open for further replies.

pleeseno

boop do booping
Reaction score
Ok break time. I am flushed and angry right now. Grabbed a survey sounded interesting, not bad pay, requester had good reviews tho this HIT didn't have any. I noted the timer was 45 min but given the payment it should have been about 20-25 min so easy enough. WRONG! I It kept giving different topics and then wanted you to think about your answer and wouldnt let you continue for a full minute before you got to write about it. Then answer a couple of question and another topic. Wait a minute. Write, answer and on and on and on. At the 43 min mark I was like ok this has to be the last one. Click the arrow and here is another thing to think about..... I had to return it. So much for their take your time when writing these, there are no time limits. I peeeeeeeeved. I want to use many other choice words, but I am being polite lol
:( Go eat some ice cream. It will be great

Reactions: cb456 and vandaria

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Ummmmmmm WhAAAaaaAAtttTTtt??!

Requester: Tony
HIT Title: Peer Relations in the Workplace
Pay: $0.17
Sorry, but your MTurk ID was not found in our study database.

:salt::salt::salt::salt::salt::salt::salt::salt::salt:
missed a screener or weren't invited to participate in the HIT? I haven't seen this one to look through the instructins/consent, but it might have said that you needed to complete a screener HIT or be invited in email in order to participate in this one without being an automatic rejection.

Reactions: Blakkat

pleeseno

boop do booping
Reaction score
missed a screener or weren't invited to participate in the HIT? I haven't seen this one to look through the instructins/consent, but it might have said that you needed to complete a screener HIT or be invited in email in order to participate in this one without being an automatic rejection.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Ok break time. I am flushed and angry right now. Grabbed a survey sounded interesting, not bad pay, requester had good reviews tho this HIT didn't have any. I noted the timer was 45 min but given the payment it should have been about 20-25 min so easy enough. WRONG! I
Those are why I set an Alexa timer for 15 mins when I do a study. The timer on the HIT may be 30 mins or 45 mins or 2 hours, but I set the Alexa timer anyway because if it stinks or doesn't seem pretty far through completion in 15 minutes, I know I should probably return it so I'm not wasting
45 minutes of my time or have the timer run out on my hit before completion giving them free answers. Worst case, I've only lost 15 minutes of my time during a period that hasn't been very HIT crazy.

Reactions: vandaria

Cereal Bar

Requester
Reaction score
Just bought a car. Please send work! :D

Edit: Hoping to wake up to Cereal Bars tomorrow.

Wait, what if saying there will be HITs and there not being HITs is part of the experiment?

:bored:
Hi,

I think I told someone over email we would release a batch this weekend, but we will be postponing it as we work out some things on our end. Sorry for the delay and change of plans. I was traveling last week and out today so I couldn't respond immediately today. I definitely did not intend to mislead anyone about when we will be posting batches.

When we post the next batch, I am going to send a notification to everyone with at least an hour's notice. However, our team still needs to work out when the batches will resume, so I can't say with certainty when that will be.

ETA, I understand everyone would appreciate an exact schedule from us, but even I don't know what our schedule will be in the future, so I really can't promise anything concrete! It all depends on other things we are getting done in the meanwhile. Apologies again.

Last edited:

Katia2019

Reaction score
Hi,

I think I told someone over email we would release a batch this weekend, but we will be postponing it as we work out some things on our end. Sorry for the delay and change of plans. I was traveling last week and out today so I couldn't respond immediately today. I definitely did not intend to mislead anyone about when we will be posting batches.

When we post the next batch, I am going to send a notification to everyone with at least an hour's notice. However, our team still needs to work out when the batches will resume, so I can't say with certainty when that will be.
Thank you for the update.

IridescentOwl

Reaction score
I bet $0.10 on the Clippers when they were losing so I won $0.55 cents! Woohoo!!

Combined with my PE: $0.20 for the day I know you want to know the secrets to my success!

Laziness.

It's laziness.

vandaria

Reaction score
Hi,

ETA, I understand everyone would appreciate an exact schedule from us, but even I don't know what our schedule will be in the future, so I really can't promise anything concrete! It all depends on other things we are getting done in the meanwhile. Apologies again.

You go above and beyond most already! Thank you for this message and look forward to whenever you are ready with the next batch!

IridescentOwl

Reaction score
Hi,

No worries, I appreciate how much you communicate with us. Thanks for the update.

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
Ok break time. I am flushed and angry right now. Grabbed a survey sounded interesting, not bad pay, requester had good reviews tho this HIT didn't have any. I noted the timer was 45 min but given the payment it should have been about 20-25 min so easy enough. WRONG! I It kept giving different topics and then wanted you to think about your answer and wouldnt let you continue for a full minute before you got to write about it. Then answer a couple of question and another topic. Wait a minute. Write, answer and on and on and on. At the 43 min mark I was like ok this has to be the last one. Click the arrow and here is another thing to think about..... I had to return it. So much for their take your time when writing these, there are no time limits. I peeeeeeeeved. I want to use many other choice words, but I am being polite lol
brutal

Reactions: vandaria

IndividualRace

Reaction score
You work today? What's that PE at ?
Kind of? I have a 2-year-old so he kind of wanted my attention. Even with my husband here he preferred me, so we played in the snow and I let him snowshoe around the neighborhood. PE $37, and I have 2 HITs worth $30 total in my queue that I'm avoiding.

Status
Not open for further replies.