02/04 - Mink Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_AvocadoMan

Reaction score
I'm talking about the 8x$5 latency HITs.

If you're talking about the $10 survey, that went out Saturday and was supposed to be completed during the game.
Oh okay! I thought that you were talking about the William Wishon HIT that's up right now

Reactions: C to the J

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Create 2D pattern lock for unlocking a mobile device (must be completed on a mobile device) ( $1.00 + $0.50 bonus) | Accept
Requester: Jun Ho Huh [APPLEXII1UNO8] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$null] [Pay=Unrated] [Approval=Unrated] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.77] [Fast=4.70] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=4.60] [Reviews=19] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=4.68] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 1 day, 16 hours
Available: 1
Description: Create 2D pattern lock for unlocking a mobile device (must be completed on a mobile device) ( $1.00 + $0.50 bonus)
Qualifications: GestureStudyQualificationType DoesNotExist ; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.5.1
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: Neemo

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Oh okay! I thought that you were talking about the William Wishon HIT that's up right now
Yea he's the latency requester.
Caught 8 of those $5 ones.
Was able to do 6.

It was nice.

Reactions: Mr_AvocadoMan

FrenchToast

best thing since sliced bread
Reaction score
I would suspect that they gave tamiflu because the flu can take anywhere from 24 hours - 4 days to show up on a test, so they just wanted to be safe because(if?)she was showing symptoms of the flu and it is going around right now.

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score
That's weird, I would think he would suggest maybe something for bringing her fever down, and not an antiviral.
According to my husband he was unconcerned with her fever and cough. It was like his mind was made up before anything happened or something. She probably does have some type of cold virus (could have sworn it was from an ear infection) He basically said take this or you'll be back in here in two days. I wish her normal doctor was available.

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score
I would suspect that they gave tamiflu because the flu can take anywhere from 24 hours - 4 days to show up on a test, so they just wanted to be safe because(if?)she was showing symptoms of the flu and it is going around right now.
Okay, now this actually makes some sense and makes me feel a bit better. He did say the flu is everywhere which was another reason for the prescription.

FrenchToast

best thing since sliced bread
Reaction score
Okay, now this actually makes some sense and makes me feel a bit better. He did say the flu is everywhere which was another reason for the prescription.
Yep - plus this way whatever infection is/was causing issues should be knocked out in no time with an antibiotic (the ear drops should be) and an antiviral.

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score
I'd be wondering if flu tests can sometimes give false negatives or positives. Some tests vary in their reliability.
This is another good point. Maybe he was certain for a reason. I just hope it helps her. She isn't herself and it's heartbreaking.

Reactions: ChristopherASA

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Sometimes the rapid test will come back negative even if you have the flu (It happened to me a couple of years ago, the rapid test was negative and they didn't prescribe anything and I was horribly sick for a week, but after it was over the doctor called to tell me that they had sent it to the lab for the longer test and it came back positive after I was already better). If you feel like something else is wrong, I'd take her to another doctor and have them check her out though. I'd go with your gut.

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
Sometimes the rapid test will come back negative even if you have the flu (It happened to me a couple of years ago, the rapid test was negative and they didn't prescribe anything and I was horribly sick for a week, but after it was over the doctor called to tell me that they had sent it to the lab for the longer test and it came back positive after I was already better). If you feel like something else is wrong, I'd take her to another doctor and have them check her out though. I'd go with your gut.
2nd opinion. Good sugg.

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score
Yep - plus this way whatever infection is/was causing issues should be knocked out in no time with an antibiotic (the ear drops should be) and an antiviral.
Yes, the ear drops are an antibiotic. Thank you for bringing me some relief from the constant worry. :love:
This is probably the case. Thank you for your help!

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I'd also suggest a second opinion if you feel anything isn't right, just for reassurance. I'd be careful with Tamiflu. I've heard some pretty scary side effects that I'd let an adult face, but not a child (hallucinations and such.) The doctor should have gone over any potential side effects thoroughly and explained the reason for the prescription. If not, call and ask! Hope your little gets to feeling better! :hug2:

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score
I'd also suggest a second opinion if you feel anything isn't right, just for reassurance. I'd be careful with Tamiflu. I've heard some pretty scary side effects that I'd let an adult face, but not a child (hallucinations and such.) The doctor should have gone over any potential side effects thoroughly and explained the reason for the prescription. If not, call and ask! Hope your little gets to feeling better! :hug2:
I'll certainly keep an even closer eye on her than before. I hope she isn't affected by any negative side effects. I'll give her usual doctor a call tomorrow and see what she thinks about it. Needless to say, she won't be seeing that guy again. Thank you :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.