02/04 - Mink Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings from the Amazon Mechanical Turk Jerks,

You've received a bonus from Sarah for work related to our Gardening Project.
The value of your bonus is: 0.50 Yen

The Requester included this note:
You are receiving this half-yen bonus because you completed both follow-up surveys (Jan. 15 and Feb. 1) in the Gardening Project.

Thanks for participating and best of luck with all your goals in 2019!

Sarah

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
I dunno, I grew up in inner-city Grand Rapids (until middle school at least) and I was actually the minority at that point. Then we moved out here to the cornfields, into an area where your statement holds true. I think it really depends on the area.
It is very subjective. I grew up in a small town north of Lansing and race was never a big issue for anyone there but when I moved up to Kalkaska I discovered why they call it the 'great white north.' When I worked as night manager at G's Pizza in Kalkaska I actually had to write up the entire wait staff and send them home one night because all the waitresses refused to serve a black couple that came in to dine. I waited on them myself. Coming from where I grew up I couldn't believe people in the modern world still acted like that.

lil queen trashmouth

Pile of ham
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Answer a 3 minute survey for a university-sponsored study | Accept
Requester: Mike Sances [A3MWBZ7FMDLTBU] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$11.99] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Answer a fun short survey for a university-sponsored study. Should take 2 to 3 minutes.
Qualifications: Location EqualTo US-MI; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.5.1
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
There's 23 of these up, click requester to see if there's one for your state

Minx2121

Reaction score
Title: Skills and preferences survey | PANDA
Requester: GilbertLab [A1F1L6P4L69ZJG] (Req TV): $17.29/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
This study examines people's skills and preferences. You might read a news article, rate a joke or interact with another Turker. It should take approximately 10 minutes, and you will be paid $1.00.
Time: 1 hour(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98; Location EqualTo US;

Reactions: Neemo

FrenchToast

best thing since sliced bread
Reaction score
It is very subjective. I grew up in a small town north of Lansing and race was never a big issue for anyone there but when I moved up to Kalkaska I discovered why they call it the 'great white north.' When I worked as night manager at G's Pizza in Kalkaska I actually had to write up the entire wait staff and send them home one night because all the waitresses refused to serve a black couple that came in to dine. I waited on them myself. Coming from where I grew up I couldn't believe people in the modern world still acted like that.
Yeah, as the story goes I told my Grandpa off when I was about 4 or 5 years old because he used the n-word and I was not having it.

Trucker

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Search Google and record title of first result | Accept
Requester: Jon Manzi [A330D69BP75D6M] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$26.68] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=2] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=12.00] [Pen=1.00 days] [Res=null] [Rec=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.20
Duration: 3:00
Available: 13
Description: Search Google and record title of first result
Qualifications: Masters Exists
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.5.1
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
these have a short timer but take around 35 seconds each![/td][/tr]
Great little batch. Thanks.

cassius

Reaction score
Yeah, as the story goes I told my Grandpa off when I was about 4 or 5 years old because he used the n-word and I was not having it.
My mother wouldn't have any of it in the time before time. We had a flood one year on July 4th. a bad one. it closed underpasses. Dad had a friend he grew up with who was friendly, shall we say, with black people from a local town who may have seemed from the wrong side of the tracks, so to speak at that time. Well, he would bring them over and mom welcomed them into our home. She didn't care that the black woman was, yes a prostitute. She respected her. The flood waters came that night after we had a cookout where my dad's friend and his friends were invited and they came. We were heavily affected by the flooding waters and the water supply hit. The kind woman came through the shut roads and the flood waters the next day with water for us to drink. The woman died at 36 of a stroke. They called my mom to tell her. my rigid christian mother broke down and cried. My mother taught me alot that day.

masterx1234

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about decision making(~ 7 minutes) | Accept
Requester: CAH [AN05FV7XTDOY3] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $16.61] [Pay: 4.29] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 3.50] [Fast: 3.79] [Comm: 1.57] [Fair: 4.73] [Reviews: 35] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: $10.87] [Pen: 0.63 days] [Res: ---] [Rec: 100% of 5] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$1.00
Duration: 30 minutes
Available: 1
Description: Share your opinion about decisions you would make
Requirements: Exc: [118407-127177] DoesNotExist; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.1.17
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

HelloHello

Reaction score
MTurk Image Counting Job (Jiayi Bao) - email link for Day 1

katarina

Needs more coffee
Contributor
Reaction score
Seriously though would it help if I restarted my computer or something, I'm going crazy not knowing how long I've worked on the hit. Scripts done spoiled me.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Haven't caught mine yet :(
I'm talking about the 8x$5 latency HITs.

If you're talking about the $10 survey, that went out Saturday and was supposed to be completed during the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.