02/01 - sMiley Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyway

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm fired up. I've been Turking like a maniac for the last 3 weeks because my restaurant closed for a major remodel on January 4th. This was meant to last for 10 days, but through texts and phone calls, my boss kept putting me off with claims that permits and things simply weren't coming through as quickly as they thought. I went there today, to see what the heck was going on and was greeted by the NEW OWNER of the restaurant. He explained that none of the old employees were being "invited back". I've worked there for 9 years, and no one could tell me this 3 weeks ago. F**k 'em. I've been making this work, I will continue to make this work, and when tourist season picks up again I'll be back behind the bar, but I'm p**sed tonight.

Sorry, off topic I know, but I needed to vent.
where's the dislike button. That's harsh. That's not a good area for a restaurant though, what with all those people calling in fake take-out orders. :wink: :wink:

Reactions: Rerun and jan

loki3404

So Corporate
Contributor
Reaction score
I have never found anything that ranch wasn't good on, it is the ultimate condiment

This is true. However, good pizza does not need a condiment. It should be enjoyed for the masterpiece that it is.

Reactions: jan and kryss

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score
ranch in the edge of the crust rolled, is the shite

Reactions: teari

CatWhiskers

Looking In Your Fridge
Reaction score
I'm fired up. I've been Turking like a maniac for the last 3 weeks because my restaurant closed for a major remodel on January 4th. This was meant to last for 10 days, but through texts and phone calls, my boss kept putting me off with claims that permits and things simply weren't coming through as quickly as they thought. I went there today, to see what the heck was going on and was greeted by the NEW OWNER of the restaurant. He explained that none of the old employees were being "invited back". I've worked there for 9 years, and no one could tell me this 3 weeks ago. F**k 'em. I've been making this work, I will continue to make this work, and when tourist season picks up again I'll be back behind the bar, but I'm p**sed tonight.

Sorry, off topic I know, but I needed to vent.
Been through something similar. Not at a restaurant, but a theater venue. Didn't bother to tell any of us a thing until we showed up to work for a concert. All new staff, new company, new boss, none of us who had been working there were taken on. It's such a shitty thing to do to people. You'll get through it...I am a firm believer of that eye rolling saying, "when one door closes..." because it always works out in the end. Don't worry.

hyway

Contributor
Reaction score
This is true. However, good pizza does not need a condiment. It should be enjoyed for the masterpiece that it is.
you mean like just dough? Should you at least cook it?

hyway

Contributor
Reaction score
Been through something similar. Not at a restaurant, but a theater venue. Didn't bother to tell any of us a thing until we showed up to work for a concert. All new staff, new company, new boss, none of us who had been working there were taken on. It's such a shitty thing to do to people. You'll get through it...I am a firm believer of that eye rolling saying, "when one door closes..." because it always works out in the end. Don't worry.
In the end, we die. The final solution

Status
Not open for further replies.