01/29 - Taleggio Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

katarina

Needs more coffee
Contributor
Reaction score
The high tomorrow is 7 degrees. I'm not okay with this...I hate cold.

Although I feel like it's weird that schools are closing tomorrow cause it's cold...everyone's grandparents walked to school 2 miles up and downhill in snow and ice...hah

Reactions: Daniel and Liz

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score

Although I feel like it's weird that schools are closing tomorrow cause it's cold...everyone's grandparents walked to school 2 miles up and downhill in snow and ice...hah
I absolutely agree with closing schools - and workplaces for that matter. It's not the cold, IMHO, but the life threatening windchills that I agree make schools (and offices) worth closing down so noone gets injured or dies of frostbite that can occur quickly at those windchills.

For all of you who are going to be bitterly cold tomorrow -- think.... JUNE 21st! That should motivate you to hang in there because it's slowly getting better from here until June 21st!

spchles1

Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,
You've received a bonus from Shenhav Lab for work related to 3NFWQRSHVETWWHMUO59UNLTE92JFG6.
The value of your bonus is: $5.14 USD
The Requester included this note:
based on performance
Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

Daniel

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Hotels Survey - Must Use Desktop or Laptop to Complete (3-5 Minutes) | Accept
Requester: Beth B. [A1USLTEH3GNOBM] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$40.83] [Pay=5.00] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.20] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=6] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.80
Duration: 15:00
Available: 1
Description: -
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: chicory

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score

I'm not sure we are breaking 0 tomorrow and something like -45 windchill. Every business, school, postal workers, garbage companies, etc, are closed down except where I work (or so it seems). I just cross my fingers my car starts for the way home tonight and tomorrow (and I don't give a rat's ass if it doesn't start to get here).

Daniel

Contributor
Reaction score

My grandma did that with bread sacks on her feet. That's what she told me.

Reactions: katarina and Liz

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score

They even have the college campuses closed because kids have to walk to class....what!!!

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not sure we are breaking 0 tomorrow and something like -45 windchill. Every business, school, postal workers, garbage companies, etc, are closed down except where I work (or so it seems). I just cross my fingers my car starts for the way home tonight and tomorrow (and I don't give a rat's ass if it doesn't start to get here).
Same here...and my trashman is supposed to come tomorrow. Guess not this week.

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
Same here...and my trashman is supposed to come tomorrow. Guess not this week.
Be safe out there tomorrow! In about 1.5 hours I get to experience round 1 heading out to my car in my too thin coat for this kind of weather :D

Reactions: Liz

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm looking up Pistachio from Indy on the upcoming Puppy Bowl Sunday. I've never watched it, but it's he's a hometown hero! And much cuter than any of the guys playing in the Super Bowl.

Reactions: Despairagus

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
They even have the college campuses closed because kids have to walk to class....what!!!
Because in some places tomorrow you can get frostbite being out for 5 mins or so. Walking across campus from one class to another may take enough time that you will get numb or frostbite.

Reactions: Liz

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
Reactions: Despairagus

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
If you use endor, your loss! I panda'd two of the same survey that uses endors. Completed one of them, wanted to return one for someone else but because of the endor, I'm letting the 60 minute timer expire so I don't potentially get locked out of other endor surveys.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Has ANYBODY ever gotten a bonus out of a LNCC HIT?

On their currect studies, their "Decision making study" is garbage, do their "beads task" if you catch that.

Reactions: HelloHello

HelloHello

Reaction score

On their currect studies, their "Decision making study" is garbage, do their "beads task" if you catch that.
I haven't managed to catch the 'beads task' to date but I have done three versions of the 'Decision Making Study' and every darn time I lose out on the bonus at the end. It stinks.

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score
Be safe out there tomorrow! In about 1.5 hours I get to experience round 1 heading out to my car in my too thin coat for this kind of weather :D
Getting up every 2 hours to load the wood stove just in case we lose power. Not looking forward to that or the drive into work tomorrow

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score
Because in some places tomorrow you can get frostbite being out for 5 mins or so. Walking across campus from one class to another may take enough time that you will get numb or frostbite.
I have to walk from a parking garage into work...takes me over 5 minutes. Just sayin....

Reactions: Kennedy
Status
Not open for further replies.