• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Title: A Test of Meaning - approx. 15 min. - earn $3.00 on average | PANDA
Requester: Scott Savage [AT7J2F9ANIQTG] (Contact)
TV: [Hrly: $77.19] [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 6] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: $55.385] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: ---] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Duration:
1 hour
Available: 1
Reward: $3.00
Description:
We invite you to take part in a research study because you are an Amazon Turk worker located in the United States and who is willing to complete this task for money. Time Allotted: approx. 15 minutes. Reward: $3.00 on average
Requirements: Masters Exists

nmelssx

Reaction score
If you got a message saying "something went wrong" or similar, the message you sent has been sent. I know it always spits this back though. Don't know why.
No. It just doesn't respond. Clicking the contact requester does nothing. I don't even have anywhere to type a message.

WillowWolf

Mischief Managed
Contributor
Reaction score
Thought if I went to run a quick errand, she'd fix that batch while I was gone... :meh:

Reactions: savvy and aveline

nmelssx

Reaction score
It doesn't really work like that. Requesters only have one type of block at their disposal (besides using quals to block people) and they generally have to enter a reason when they block someone. Blocks can happen for any reason, such as to prevent someone from retaking a survey, to limit the amount of HITs someone can do from a particular batch, or to just deal with someone that has been submitting poor quality work. So when Amazon sees a person accumulating a lot of blocks, they can look at the reasons for the blocks to determine if any action is necessary. I would imagine they can also look at context, like if a requester unfairly decides to block every person that did their HIT, when making their decision. I think the only blocks that you really need to worry about are the ones that come from subbing poor quality work.
Hopefully that's the case.

If not, then I genuinely feel bad for everyone who got unfairly blocked by that requester.

Reactions: aveline

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: A Test of Meaning - approx. 15 min. - earn $3.00 on average | PANDA
Requester: Scott Savage [AT7J2F9ANIQTG] (Contact)
TV: [Hrly: $77.19] [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 6] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: $55.385] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: ---] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Duration:
1 hour
Available: 1
Reward: $3.00
Description:
We invite you to take part in a research study because you are an Amazon Turk worker located in the United States and who is willing to complete this task for money. Time Allotted: approx. 15 minutes. Reward: $3.00 on average
Requirements: Masters Exists
Only took 3 minutes, so probably a good idea to...
:frying2:

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
Afternoon everyone! Just checking in and avoiding paying bills and finishing taxes by pretending to be busy on mturk.
I've only got OW scanning for some work I like, and otherwise, just "cleaning" house. .......... oops, my front door just flew open, a hint, I think, that it is time to put some clean clothes on and visit a couple of neighbors. Have a good DAY!

Reactions: scout and Kennedy

Gator

Contributor
Reaction score
Audiokite batches are much better when every song is a different band rather than having to hear the same bad one over and over.

Reactions: scout and Concise

Kennedy

Contributor
Reaction score
I've only got OW scanning for some work I like, and otherwise, just "cleaning" house. .......... oops, my front door just flew open, a hint, I think, that it is time to put some clean clothes on and visit a couple of neighbors. Have a good DAY!
Enjoy your visit!

Reactions: ChristopherASA

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
Thanks! I just dread this camera stuff . . .
I avoid it like the plague! I clean up pretty good, although living in the country, on a very tight budget, has its perks. I'm still in my plaid nightgown, for example.

Be brave and conquest these webcam tasks. Let us know how it goes!

{flannel rocks}

Last edited:
Reactions: HelloHello
Status
Not open for further replies.