• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadauchi

Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
On MTS and contacting a requester:

Expected Error: Strange... something is not right The provided website address is not valid. Below are all HITs available.) This error is only saying that the group id is wrong, not that the message has failed to send. The error happens because of the method used to contact the requester. MTurk requires a group id to send a message to a requester with this method, so a fake one has been used YOURMTURKHIT. When you send a message, MTurk will redirect you back to hit group that you contacted the requester from. Since MTurk Suite is using a fake group id, it fails and displays this error.

4ourfuture

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Dot Motion task (up to $3.00 bonus) [ $ | $ ] PANDA
Requester: NCCLab[AOP3M93Z8HP0]
TurkerView: [ $ / hour ]
Description: Judge the motion and color of a swarm of moving dots.
Duration: 06:00:00
Available: 1
Reward: $6.00
Qualifications:
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95,
  • Location EqualTo US,
This is still floating around.

Daniel

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: A Test of Meaning - approx. 15 min. - earn $3.00 on average | Accept
Requester: Scott Savage [AT7J2F9ANIQTG] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=6] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 3.00
Duration: 1:00:00
Description: We invite you to take part in a research study because you are an Amazon Turk worker located in the United States and who is willing to complete this task for money. Time Allotted: approx. 15 minutes. Reward: $3.00 on average
Qualifications: Masters Exists
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
2:47 $64.40 hourly
Wow :greathit:

Last edited:

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Feelsbadman. I'm glad I wasn't there to do their HIT. If this hard block actually counts against you even after he removes it, that would be really bad.
It doesn't really work like that. Requesters only have one type of block at their disposal (besides using quals to block people) and they generally have to enter a reason when they block someone. Blocks can happen for any reason, such as to prevent someone from retaking a survey, to limit the amount of HITs someone can do from a particular batch, or to just deal with someone that has been submitting poor quality work. So when Amazon sees a person accumulating a lot of blocks, they can look at the reasons for the blocks to determine if any action is necessary. I would imagine they can also look at context, like if a requester unfairly decides to block every person that did their HIT, when making their decision. I think the only blocks that you really need to worry about are the ones that come from subbing poor quality work.

A6_Foul_Out

I only use Organic TurkerView reviews
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
this is why throwing out “you should block everyone” all willy nilly is dangerous advice. especially to a requester who doesn’t know how to work things out on mTurk 100%. he’s getting there, but not all the way yet
that stanford requester is incompetent.

he doesn't know what he's doing. This was back when the work was the fire 90/hour answer the questions batch.

he doxes people in email chains exposing peoples names/emails.

somebody REALLY needs to be supervising whoever is on that requester account.

Reactions: nmelssx and Peachy

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Simple 15-Minute Task for $2.00(~ 15 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Martin Abel [A33HVWBJO0P3WS] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: [Hrly=12.00] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 2.00
Duration: 2:00:00
Available: 12
Description: Transcribe a few short receipts to earn $2.00 in no longer than 15 minutes
Qualifications: Exc: [-2027230569-125580] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Opportunity for bonus[/td][/tr]
Time: 07:55
Hourly: $15.13

HelloHello

Reaction score
Title: An idea generation task | Accept
Requester: Petronella [A1ZJYTUT3A80MX] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$15.27] [Pay=4.07] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=1.53] [Fast=2.08] [Comm=2.50] [Fair=3.17] [Reviews=45] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=0.00] [Pen=1.00 days] [Res=0%] [Rec=0%] [Rej=1] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 1.90
Duration: 2:00:00
Description: In this survey, we would ask you to generate ideas for a new product
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
Chance for bonus.[/td][/tr]

Nikoratos

Contributor
Reaction score
This is the second time today that I've been doing a HIT and considered the possibility that what they're actually studying is how mundane and completely unremarkable media content needs to be in order to get an Mturk worker to abandon a task once they've passed the halfway point.

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
Hi, I'm bleary eyed and almost awake. Content Research periodically puts up qual hits when they want to add new workers to the mix. Then you have to do a set number of them. I can't remember exactly how many. Chris is usually pretty savvy about all of it, so I'm not sure why he is saying there are a lot of them up if there aren't any. When the qual hits have come up in the past, they showed up on whatever script I was using to search requesters even though I'm not qualified for them.
That is also what I observed, thus I am confused by the response. I've already put a time chunk into this, so will focus on paying work. I appreciate you sharing your success with this requester in the past Turtlefemm @Turtlefemm . Maybe things will sort out.

Reactions: Gator

Concise

Buddhist Bacchante
Reaction score
This is the second time today that I've been doing a HIT and considered the possibility that what they're actually studying is how mundane and completely unremarkable media content needs to be in order to get an Mturk worker to abandon a task once they've passed the halfway point.
Can relate.

teal4life

Why I Turk
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for feedback. It took 3 years of annually emailing STR11223344 to get the qual... so it worked there. With a little persistence. Sometimes it's been so long since you qualled for something, it's hard to remember how it was done.

Yes, I felt the same about your STR qual. :wink::)

Reactions: Concise

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Title: Demographics survey | PANDA
Requester: Panos Ipeirotis [A3DL93QTPE513P] (Contact)
TV: [Hrly: $22.85] [Pay: 4.52] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 4.42] [Fast: 4.68] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 4.92] [Reviews: 64] [ToS: 1]
TO2: [Hrly: ---] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: ---] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Duration:
1 hour
Reward: $0.10
Description:
Demographics survey
Requirements:

Status
Not open for further replies.