01/24 - Wings Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
Matted hair dogs versus standard coated dogs are different. pH shampoos can still mess up the pH (everyone's pH is slightly different). My farm owners have a long coated collie, never been bathed in her 5 year life - but brushed every 3 days. if I have to bathe rev, I rinse in her apple cider vinegar, keeps her from getting dry skin. I had a dog who had skin issues for 15 years, that i bathed every 2 weeks with vet shampoo....she had a bloody hotspot her entire life. come to find out, had I just used some ACV and didn't bathe her, she probably wouldn't have. It's worked for a lot of dogs physically around me for now at least. rev gets smelly but from doing outdoorsy things generally. her only downfall is frito paws in bed lol
Any suggestions for a maltese? He was matted when we found him, we have cut some out and slowly worked on the underbelly and front. His hind quarters are so matted it seems to be flat to the skin though, and I have only owned yorkies, border collies and dobbies/dachsunds. Nothing has had hair like this. I have tried tropiclean tangle remover, mane and tale conditioner, even cornstarch on dry hair. I think I am going to have to have him shaved down on the back quarter of his body. Oh, and the tangle spray turns him a pink color :/

A6_Foul_Out

I only use Organic TurkerView reviews
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score

A6_Foul_Out

I only use Organic TurkerView reviews
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
Any suggestions for a maltese? He was matted when we found him, we have cut some out and slowly worked on the underbelly and front. His hind quarters are so matted it seems to be flat to the skin though, and I have only owned yorkies, border collies and dobbies/dachsunds. Nothing has had hair like this. I have tried tropiclean tangle remover, mane and tale conditioner, even cornstarch on dry hair. I think I am going to have to have him shaved down on the back quarter of his body. Oh, and the tangle spray turns him a pink color :/
Yeah unfortunately with matting like that you have to start over. My step dad had two malteses for 14,16 years, and never "bathed" them, but took them to the groomer to get baths and cuts and then just brushed them in the meantime. With hair like that, press the re-do button and then keep up with the hair after that. I have to keep up with my long haired cats or I have to cut them down.

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
What kind of maniac would drink aloe vera gel?
My father in law was a horrible alcoholic and when we cleared the house of liquor he drank a bottle of Jean Nate over ice.When he was sober for a 12 year period we would joke about his J&N on the rocks period, unfortunately he fell of the wagon and committed suicide a while i was pregnant with our first son, so not so funny any longer. But people will drink anything I have learned.

Reactions: <Gucci>

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah unfortunately with matting like that you have to start over. My step dad had two malteses for 14,16 years, and never "bathed" them, but took them to the groomer to get baths and cuts and then just brushed them in the meantime. With hair like that, press the re-do button and then keep up with the hair after that. I have to keep up with my long haired cats or I have to cut them down.
Thanks for the info. I think I am going to have them puppy cut him and just shave down the back that is matted. I can't believe he was out in the middle of nowhere, he would never have survived. He is still so young that he hasn't dropped yet, so can't be that old. Grooming him is a daily event!

Reactions: <Gucci> and savvy

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I think I am going to have them puppy cut him and just shave down the back that is matted. I can't believe he was out in the middle of nowhere, he would never have survived. He is still so young that he hasn't dropped yet, so can't be that old. Grooming him is a daily event!
aw poor kiddo. the two malteses we had were super sweet and cuddly! You have a great new friend on your hands and I hope you enjoy :) :) :)

<Gucci>

Francis Manancis ...fuck you...
Threaderator
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Reactions: It's Gamera!

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
aw poor kiddo. the two malteses we had were super sweet and cuddly! You have a great new friend on your hands and I hope you enjoy :) :) :)
I love him, he is so gentle and sweet, and energetic. My 4 pound yorkie isn't a fan, but Brofessor Mosby will just have to adjust. I ordered them big brother and little brother shirts, can't wait. Even if the little brother is twice his size!

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I can't wait for you to get him cut. He must be in so much pain but, has gotten used to it.:( It would be like someone Corn-row'd your hair but grabbed wrong pieces all over. And then braided it wayyyy too tight. Ouch!

Last edited:

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: 5-10 min survey about travel and media habits | Accept
Requester: Honest Design LLC [A1C42B9IKIAB7Y] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: $1.50
Duration: 1 hour
Available: 1
Description: Qualified workers will complete a p>
Requirements: Masters Exists
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.1.3
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
Ugh I knew I was gonna get screened out the moment I saw "qualified workers"

Wait, that sounds wrong

stuffalleysays

I was here
Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds legit
Apparently, pandas who are pregnant get special privileges at the research center. Aside from gentle foot massages and a full suite of Nintendo Entertainment Systems
:ROFL:

How do we get A6_Foul_Out @A6_Foul_Out
Pregnant?! :gucci:
This is like the most amusing thing ever to me and I have no idea why,lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.