01/23 - Windy Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
You can never go wrong when it comes to learning something new imo. What kind of language(s) are you learning? I'm trying to motivate myself to learn Python and R to be more competitive in my field, but I really lack motivation and initiative. I'm def gonna start stalking you to try to inspire myself :)
I'm starting HTML5, for some foundation, then I'll probably keep going down freeCodeCamp's curriculum. It's a good place for me to start.:)

EDIT xqyzt @xqyzt You can keep track of my progress on Tweeter @JeramiBoston

Last edited:
Reactions: K'Lee and xqyzt

jan

Reaction score
So, just to be clear (and then I have to roll),
it's not okay to say why you are screened out of a survey or how you didn't qualify for a hit or even what was asked in the screener. That's so the quals that the requester set up are honored (that whole work with integrity thing).
:DCI:

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Study on decision making(~ 14 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Joeri Wissink [A27S7Q5W5EJB08] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$26.47] [Pay=4.67] [Fast=null] [Comm=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=1.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=5] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=10.25] [Pen=10.00 days] [Res=null] [Rec=100%] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 1.80
Duration: 45:00
Available: 1
Description: Note: This study entails interaction with other participants. This means that your this study requires your full attention.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location In US; Exc: [-1873722288-124927] DoesNotExist
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.4.6
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Jerami

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Alrighty then. That's a start to my day. Maybe time to get more than 3 feet from the screen. I've been at it since yesterday at about 10:30(mostly learning and coding). Dammit! Right after I do that study I just posted! "I try to get out, but they keep pullin' me right back in!"

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Morning.

My son got a big foil balloon at his friend's birthday party yesterday. He has been running around bat shit crazy and destroying everything in sight with it. I intend to pop that damn thing today.
oh man, balloons. I hate them. Kiddo got one from church once and I swear that thing didn't deflate for a month and a half, no exaggeration. I was so amazed I was a little afraid to try to pop it.

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I'm starting HTML5, for some foundation, then I'll probably keep going down freeCodeCamp's curriculum. It's a good place for me to start.:)

EDIT xqyzt @xqyzt You can keep track of my progress on Tweeter @JeramiBoston
You should watch my husband's code stream tonight! Usually he goes through questions/etc on Wednesdays and does Codelabs on Sunday mornings. He loves codenewbie questions :) https://www.twitch.tv/chiefcll

"Wednesdays 8 - 9pm EST
Will be general chat / discussions for entering into Web Development. Come ask any questions you might have or offer suggestions for topics."

Reactions: Jerami and xqyzt

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
So, just to be clear (and then I have to roll),
it's not okay to say why you are screened out of a survey or how you didn't qualify for a hit or even what was asked in the screener. That's so the quals that the requester set up are honored (that whole work with integrity thing).
:DCI:
for my clarity, what was my infraction then that two words I wrote got edited to something else? I commented based on the title of the HIT. I am not bound to integrity with the requestor for anything. I took no screener, I got no preview of the HIT, All I got was an error message "you do not have the qualifications to do this HIT".

jan

Reaction score
for my clarity, what was my infraction then that two words I wrote got edited to something else? I commented based on the title of the HIT. I am not bound to integrity with the requestor for anything. I took no screener, I got no preview of the HIT, All I got was an error message "you do not have the qualifications to do this HIT".
If I made a mistake, sorry! I do that all the time because it's not a HIT I took.
I just try my best. For general purposes, anything past the hit window is survey content :)

xqyzt

Reaction score
My turking laptop sorta died last night. It can be fixed (I think), but it will probably take a few days. This couldn't have happened last week when I had zero motivation to work. C'est la vie.

I *could* use this as a sign I should buckle down and get stuff done, but here I am trying to turk on my husbands computer while (almost) everyone sleeps.

Status
Not open for further replies.